ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Investigators may need long term lease in Collie Station

I guess that is what happens when a pawn thinks he is a king and then gets played like a pawn.

Believe it or not AZ could win the Pac XII south this year. They have a qb, Khalil Tate, who has AA caliber talent. And they are fortunate in that ST and WA, the two best teams in the Pac XII, are not on the schedule. Watch out for the Wildcats.

I believe it, or at least a version of it. I just hope the ncaa is as toothless as I believe they are. I struggle believing this doesn't happen at all the schools with big time coaches. I probably should be concerned, but I am not for whatever reason.

I did find it odd that he complained about being cussed and called names by the coaches. Is this no longer the norm?

For me it’s not so much the cheating (paying players) but the high and mighty routine from so many brainwashed Aggie pukes. The honor code, the “best” fans bullshit makes this somewhat enjoyable when it probably shouldn’t be.

This is for those holier than thou asshats that drank too much koolaid freshman fish camp weekend.

For me it’s not so much the cheating (paying players) but the high and mighty routine from so many brainwashed Aggie pukes. The honor code, the “best” fans bullshit makes this somewhat enjoyable when it probably shouldn’t be.

This is for those holier than thou asshats that drank too much koolaid freshman fish camp weekend.
Not me. I assumed we cheat. Of course I think pretty much everybody cheats to one degree or another.

My only issue is the coach not using a 3rd party for the cash. They just seems unprofessional and stupid. I wonder if that part was a lie. If he said some flunky or random person gave it to him, I would 100% believe it. The rest of his story seemed likely true.

Processing guys just got a lot harder. Players are incented to take a dump on their old school. The worse the story, the better chance they don't have to sit out. NCAA is so stupid, why incent young people to screw your members? Good way to make your members look for a new association.

Believe it or not AZ could win the Pac XII south this year. They have a qb, Khalil Tate, who has AA caliber talent. And they are fortunate in that ST and WA, the two best teams in the Pac XII, are not on the schedule. Watch out for the Wildcats.

The comment was based on Aggy thinking they were going to become UT by moving to the SEC

Sumlin was the fall guy. Truthfully it wasn't Sumlin's fault the SEC refs screwed Aggy in 2016.

He should do well in Arizona. He is a decent coach.
Mike Sherman's OL helped him out more than anything.

The comment was based on Aggy thinking they were going to become UT by moving to the SEC

Sumlin was the fall guy. Truthfully it wasn't Sumlin's fault the SEC refs screwed Aggy in 2016.

He should do well in Arizona. He is a decent coach.
Mike Sherman's OL helped him out more than anything.

Sorry I answered to the wrong reply. I meant to reply the one that said he hoped Sumlin does well at AZ.

My bad

Of course I think pretty much everybody cheats to one degree or another.

Here's my thing about this statement every time some one gets caught cheating. If everyone did it then everyone would get caught and the reason I say this is kids that request transfers, pissed off, show offs etc.. would get the university caught. Especially now a days where these student athletes have social media to brag about everything they can. I think there's schools that have to cheat and there's schools that don't.

Here's my thing about this statement every time some one gets caught cheating. If everyone did it then everyone would get caught and the reason I say this is kids that request transfers, pissed off, show offs etc.. would get the university caught. Especially now a days where these student athletes have social media to brag about everything they can. I think there's schools that have to cheat and there's schools that don't.
Disagree completely with this last statement. NOBODY HAS to cheat. And Institutions themselves don't choose to do it generally, but people inside these programs choose to do it. Also, no school is impervious to this if people in positions of power make the wrong choices.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Pretty sure this is a new transfer rule. If your old school was doing certain things wrong you don't have to sit out. Kids aren't stupid. They will learn what to say, so they can play right away. We should have denied his transfer, it would not have prevented him from leaving but he would not have been eligible to play for a year.

Disagree completely with this last statement. NOBODY HAS to cheat. And Institutions themselves don't choose to do it generally, but people inside these programs choose to do it. Also, no school is impervious to this if people in positions of power make the wrong choices.

Aggy has this one correct.

You're correct they don't have to but some feel they need to.

Also it was an Aggy that said "everyone cheats" I was just responding to the "Everyone" comment.

Aggy could be the first test case of the new NCAA that appeared as a result of the FBI investigation into college basketball. The NCAA now requires school presidents and athletics staff members, as a term of employment, to contractually commit to cooperating in investigations and infractions proceedings. This includes, but is not limited to, "sharing all knowledge and documents requested in a timely manner; providing access to all electronic devices, social media and other technology." Furthermore, a lack of cooperation can be deemed an "admission of a violation." That means NCAA investigators will have access to aggy coaches cell phones and social media accounts. I am almost positive that their cell phones are provided by the university which means that all text messages are government records and are backed up and are unable to be deleted. This could get really interesting really fast.

Translation:

Ya, we cheat....... but who doesn't? (Looks around the room for volunteers)

Aggy could be the first test case of the new NCAA that appeared as a result of the FBI investigation into college basketball. The NCAA now requires school presidents and athletics staff members, as a term of employment, to contractually commit to cooperating in investigations and infractions proceedings. This includes, but is not limited to, "sharing all knowledge and documents requested in a timely manner; providing access to all electronic devices, social media and other technology." Furthermore, a lack of cooperation can be deemed an "admission of a violation." That means NCAA investigators will have access to aggy coaches cell phones and social media accounts. I am almost positive that their cell phones are provided by the university which means that all text messages are government records and are backed up and are unable to be deleted. This could get really interesting really fast.

This would be awesome but for some reason I doubt that it will happen.

NOBODY HAS to cheat.
Your school does apparently. The only 10-year period in your history (mid 80s to mid 90s) where you were nationally relevant you were paying through the nose.

If the LB coach was dumb enough to hand out cash himself (which I kinda doubt), then he was probably not smart enough to use a personal phone either. Everyone will learn lessons on how to play the game from this.

One day, at some point down the road, and its going to happen, when aggy determines its time to part ways with Jimbo, its going to be very, very painful financially. This is going to get ugly at some point. Couldn't happen to a more deserving cult.

Tap the brakes. You were the same guy who said there was NO way Jimbo would even consider coming to A&M. There is a reason your AD and your football coach keep floating they want to continue the series and the Aggies are like "Who cares"

Arizona is a dark horse team to sneak into the playoff. Yes, they will probably lose somewhere along the way and the schedule is very workable. Interesting game at UH in week 2.

Jimbo will fail. It's a mathematical certainty. We're already having the discussion and he's still undefeated at aggy.

"If the LB coach was dumb enough to hand out cash himself (which I kinda doubt), then he was probably not smart enough to use a personal phone either."

Dumb enough?? We are talking aggy...correct?

Reactions: Scholz
How did you get that from what I wrote? Weird.
It's been alleged that your institution is in clear violation of multiple NCAA rules. The likelihood of these allegations being true are so astronomically high, that you yourself can't even deny them. You then make a conflating remark that "nobody is impervious to cheating" as if to say, "it could happen to anybody".

But here's the deal, it's not happening to everyone. It's happening to you--- and instead of drawing one of two distinct lines in the sand---

1. We did not do this. These allegations are false.
2. This is wrong and the perpetrators and institution should be held accountable.

Instead, you shrug and say "well, cheaters gonna cheat and there's nothing you can do about it.....".

Hey Bob.....glad ur back.....did you do that favor for me and google "college football BlueBloods" kinda figured u did because u haven't posted since i asked you. So what did you come up with?

I looked at the reference that someone posted on here that included Mt. Union and Yale as Blue Bloods and kind of stopped there.

Oh Bob im sure you stopped there. Cause if you actually google "college football bluebloods" its going kill your thesis therefore you will have to start over with something more idiotic than TEXAS is not a blueblood. You should thank me...if you would've turned that paper in you would've been laughed at......hey i can even help you with your new thesis....try "why can't aggy be irrelevant" .....lots of facts to back this one up

It's been alleged that your institution is in clear violation of multiple NCAA rules. The likelihood of these allegations being true are so astronomically high, that you yourself can't even deny them. You then make a conflating remark that "nobody is impervious to cheating" as if to say, "it could happen to anybody".

But here's the deal, it's not happening to everyone. It's happening to you--- and instead of drawing one of two distinct lines in the sand---

1. We did not do this. These allegations are false.
2. This is wrong and the perpetrators and institution should be held accountable.

Instead, you shrug and say "well, cheaters gonna cheat and there's nothing you can do about it.....".
There is a third option. Some or all is probably true but also hard to prove.

The part about coaches cussing players is 99.9999% true.

Using academic time for film study also 90%+ true.

Pushing football players to push thru being dinged up, 100% true. Was he hurt or injured is a legit question. And not the same thing.

Did a coach hand him cash? 50/50. Impossible to prove either way.

Is player incented to sing or even make up stuff? 100% true

Is the school incented to trash a kid who does this 100%

Is Kevin Sumlin loving this 100%. Is he behind it? 60/40

Simple fix..... Razoo's in CS has cameras everywhere. If, as the player alleges, the coach pulled him into the bathroom to give him money, simply watch the tape and if they ARE in the pooper at the same time, he's telling the truth. I know, I know, there's no cam in the pooper BUT, you can tell if they are out of camera in the vicinity of the bathroom at the same time.

If the tape magically was erased or wasn't functioning, the allegations are likely true. If not true, the camera will show us.

And please tell me why Sumlin has an axe to grind? You gave him $10 million to LEAVE. He got a job at a school where he actually has a chance to win a conference title. He's in a real city with a metro population of over a million people. He's an hour and a half from some of the greatest golf courses in America. He and his wife are surrounded by the top luxury resorts and spas in the country.

Translation: you got him out of a one horse town to an actual city.

Why would he be mad? It dang sure isn't because his situation wasn't improved.

There is a third option. Some or all is probably true but also hard to prove.

The part about coaches cussing players is 99.9999% true.

Using academic time for film study also 90%+ true.

Pushing football players to push thru being dinged up, 100% true. Was he hurt or injured is a legit question. And not the same thing.

Did a coach hand him cash? 50/50. Impossible to prove either way.

Is player incented to sing or even make up stuff? 100% true

Is the school incented to trash a kid who does this 100%

Is Kevin Sumlin loving this 100%. Is he behind it? 60/40

Hey at least you guys cut out the FedEx middleman. More efficient.
If true. Way less effective. I can not believe a guy who has coached at so many places doesn't know how to play the game. I just don't believe it. You can be shady and smart at the same time. Shady and stupid for decades in college ball seems unlikely. Who knows. Maybe he was just that stupid and has been lucky forever.

Simple fix..... Razoo's in CS has cameras everywhere. If, as the player alleges, the coach pulled him into the bathroom to give him money, simply watch the tape and if they ARE in the pooper at the same time, he's telling the truth. I know, I know, there's no cam in the pooper BUT, you can tell if they are out of camera in the vicinity of the bathroom at the same time.

If the tape magically was erased or wasn't functioning, the allegations are likely true. If not true, the camera will show us.

And please tell me why Sumlin has an axe to grind? You gave him $10 million to LEAVE. He got a job at a school where he actually has a chance to win a conference title. He's in a real city with a metro population of over a million people. He's an hour and a half from some of the greatest golf courses in America. He and his wife are surrounded by the top luxury resorts and spas in the country.

Translation: you got him out of a one horse town to an actual city.

Why would he be mad? It dang sure isn't because his situation wasn't improved.
So weird. I have been in public restrooms with other people hundreds of times and no one gave me $300. I have even been in public restrooms with people I worked with, and not a one gave me cash. It makes no sense.

I am sure the general manager of the college station Razoo's would love to volunteer the tape, especially if it pisses off 99% of his customers. Sound business strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT