ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban accuses a&m of buying entire 2022 recruiting class

Again, it is nice to know that ALL recruits that go to Texas JUST go to play football and not for money now days. You honestly want to sit here and say Texas and OU coaches don't mention that kids could make money through NIL deals? They just say you are only coming to Texas and OU to play football...our boosters that own businesses will not be paying you a dime to come here. That is your story and you are sticking to it? Jimbo cheats...Sark is a great recruiter? All recruits didn't ask about NIL deals or their families when they were getting recruited by Texas and OU...Got it. Quinn Ewers of all people because we all know he isn't getting paid a thing...What was that about hypocrite?

Again, it is nice to know that ALL recruits that go to Texas JUST go to play football and not for money now days. You honestly want to sit here and say Texas and OU coaches don't mention that kids could make money through NIL deals? They just say you are only coming to Texas and OU to play football...our boosters that own businesses will not be paying you a dime to come here. That is your story and you are sticking to it? Jimbo cheats...Sark is a great recruiter? All recruits didn't ask about NIL deals or their families when they were getting recruited by Texas and OU...Got it. Quinn Ewers of all people because we all know he isn't getting paid a thing...What was that about hypocrite?
Um your coach went out of his way to call an impromptu press conference regarding comments Saban made in a private setting with boosters and in that press conference denied That A&M players are getting money and are coming to A&M because of the Aggie Network. Not only does Jimbo look awful after this video has surfaced he has egg all over his face. Surely he’ll have another impromptu press conference today right?

Now if boosters are more involved than they are supposed to be the NCAA will surely get involved.
Regardless, now that we have irrefutable evidence that is contrary to what Dumbo lied to America about, we can all agree and acknowledge that the ONLY reason recruits are coming to A&M in record setting fashion is due to being paid, has nothing to do with 12th man, Aggie Network whatever that is or anything else. Jimbo is buying a team bottom line.

Last edited:
Reactions: DHHorn
This is going to blow up on Aggy. The article states the rules as being players can discuss and negotiate NIL deals but not until they are on campusJimbo is a damn liar. I can hear the NCAA gearing up to have a look see. Maybe Jimbo thought a recruiting visit with boosters present constituted them being “on campus”. What a shady character
https://dailycaller.com/2022/06/30/...ruits-theyll-get-paid-to-play-for-the-aggies/

Last edited:

Typical aggy delusion. Where do you come up with this stuff? Of course Texas is participating in NIL to help in recruiting. No one anywhere is denying this, so not sure why you keep posting this garbage. Let me help explain to you why people are making fun of a&m. Your clown coach goes on a whining, childish rant denying that they used NIL or paid players to entice them to come to collie station. It's all because of "what we're building at a&m and the CULTure of a&m". Yeah right.

You guys signed what, seven five-star players in the 2022 class? If I recall, a&m has never signed more than one five-star player in their history in a class, but the world is supposed to believe Jimbo and his BS claim that "players just want to play for a&m because of what' he's building". Ok. All Jumbo had to do was own it. Just own that they used NIL to lure these kids to play there. It's legal now. Jumbo is a blow hard clown. You guys are stuck with him. I can't wait to see aggy fans reaction when a&m goes 9-3 or 8-4 again this year. 🤣

Typical aggy delusion. Where do you come up with this stuff? Of course Texas is participating in NIL to help in recruiting. No one anywhere is denying this, so not sure why you keep posting this garbage. Let me help explain to you why people are making fun of a&m. Your clown coach goes on a whining, childish rant denying that they used NIL or paid players to entice them to come to collie station. It's all because of "what we're building at a&m and the CULTure of a&m". Yeah right.

You guys signed what, seven five-star players in the 2022 class? If I recall, a&m has never signed more than one five-star player in their history in a class, but the world is supposed to believe Jimbo and his BS claim that "players just want to play for a&m because of what' he's building". Ok. All Jumbo had to do was own it. Just own that they used NIL to lure these kids to play there. It's legal now. Jumbo is a blow hard clown. You guys are stuck with him. I can't wait to see aggy fans reaction when a&m goes 9-3 or 8-4 again this year. 🤣
Nicely put

You just don’t get it, lol.

Texas hasn’t hid NIL. Jumbo lied about it.

Damnit man.

People are mocking A&M because Jimbo got caught in a big fat lie. Here he is now.

newspress-collage-22331683-1652977019656.jpg

Reactions: Belldozer1
actually, no one on here ever said recruits were not getting money. Most have said it is legal now with NIL.

However......the only one that said recruits were not being paid was......................................Jimbo!

Nobody on here said Jimbo did anything illegal( although it now looks like it may have been) what we all said is that Jimbo lied about it.

actually, no one on here ever said recruits were not getting money. Most have said it is legal now with NIL.

However......the only one that said recruits were not being paid was......................................Jimbo!

Nobody on here said Jimbo did anything illegal( although it now looks like it may have been) what we all said is that Jimbo lied about it.
Holy crap the thing that gets me is he literally got very personal in his interview about Saban, took personal shots at him that he can’t walk back and now we have this video that absolutely contradicts his whole freaking argument. This may be the biggest face palm of all time and that’s really saying something. And the kicker is he’s going to have to answer questions about it to the media and possibly the NCAA and he will no doubt be fodder for College Gameday signs.

There was a day when kids thought schoolin for smarts was an advantage. That's how old I am.

Smoke and mirrors brother. Commonplace in our democratic republic. 😂

I don't know if this will interest you guys about the NIL but what the heck. I mean just to make sure you know everyone is doing it.

And when you think about it these athletes need it more than any big time athlete at a P5 school. I mean do you know how much an Ivy League education costs?
Although the Ivy League has no official athletic scholarships, there are goodies. 55 years ago when I was in high school, the Brown recruiter came to our honor class. He said that he was looking for someone who could pass, not academically. In the 90s I worked with an OB whose son was all city point guard. He got an "academic" scholarship to Penn.

Although the Ivy League has no official athletic scholarships, there are goodies. 55 years ago when I was in high school, the Brown recruiter came to our honor class. He said that he was looking for someone who could pass, not academically. In the 90s I worked with an OB whose son was all city point guard. He got an "academic" scholarship to Penn.
Good stories, we need to hear brother. Share brother.

The only good I see with NIL is it will keep high school kids interested in football in hopes of getting a college scholarship and NIL deal. I have read articles where NIL was trying to be brought into the high school level as well LOL What a fiasco that will be. Just another deal that is chaotic under the Biden regime.

those hoping the ncaa is going to do something are delusional. the ncaa is toothless. they are just putting off the inevitable day where they do something that makes a big dog program mad, and the whole bunch of them break off and do it without the ncaa name. that day is coming, but the goal each day is to hold onto as many money grabs as they possibly can before it happens. this ain't the hill they die on.

The only good I see with NIL is it will keep high school kids interested in football in hopes of getting a college scholarship and NIL deal. I have read articles where NIL was trying to be brought into the high school level as well LOL What a fiasco that will be. Just another deal that is chaotic under the Biden regime.
Bell....for decades big time highschools have been "recruiting" players as early as grade school. The way they did /do it is give Mom and Dad great jobs in their districts. San Antonio Judson (actually in Kirby) was a big player at the state level until other schools started catching up to their ideas.....which Judson stole from Odessa Permian.

Bell....for decades big time highschools have been "recruiting" players as early as grade school. The way they did /do it is give Mom and Dad great jobs in their districts. San Antonio Judson (actually in Kirby) was a big player at the state level until other schools started catching up to their ideas.....which Judson stole from Odessa Permian.
Good point I was also referring to the temptation today of highschool kids to elect to give up sports in favor of social media

Aledo has been doing this since the early 2000’s. There was a QB there by the name of Broderick Newton that just mysteriously moved there his freshman year. Johnathan Gray was the same way. He was from North Crowley and they gave his mom a job in the school district before his freshman year.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Anyone know why aggie keeps missing out on recruits? For signing such a historic class in 2022, they seem to be striking out on a lot of recruits this go around. No recruiting momentum whatsoever.

Kind of feels like aggie figured out the NIL stuff early. Now other schools have caught on and A&M no longer has that recruiting advantage.

Aledo has been doing this since the early 2000’s. There was a QB there by the name of Broderick Newton that just mysteriously moved there his freshman year. Johnathan Gray was the same way. He was from North Crowley and they gave his mom a job in the school district before his freshman year.
It started in 1986 with the hire of Chuck Curtis. $100,000 went missing from the school budget and 6 new dudes moved in. All started varsity.

One was Allen Web who received a scholarship to Texas. He ended up transferring because he did not fit in well. Anyway, Aledo was built on recruiting not organic growth.

Reactions: Hoookem722
It started in 1986 with the hire of Chuck Curtis. $100,000 went missing from the school budget and 6 new dudes moved in. All started varsity.

One was Allen Web who received a scholarship to Texas. He ended up transferring because he did not fit in well. Anyway, Aledo was built on recruiting not organic growth.
My father moved us to Aledo in 95 for the sole purpose of the football program. I just remember every year there being 3 to 4 new kids who showed up out of nowhere and they were stud athletes.

My mother in law worked in the school district for 15 years so she had a pretty good understanding of how it all worked.

Southlake did that as well

In light of A&M's coach bribing recruits on their recruiting visit and at the same time exposing Jimbo as a liar, has A&M backed off the recruiting trail? Word on the street is that the NCAA is having a look see into A&M's recruiting practices and this is probably scaring off recruits or did A&M just call it a day until the NCAA is done looking over things? I couldn't find their name in the recruiting rankings for 2023?

EDIT: Nevermind, my bad, I didn't look far enough down the page, they're at No. 60 but they claim Jimbo has always been a slow closer. I don't know about the closer part since the playing field is even now but I can confirm the slow part regarding JUmbo.
https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornMM
In light of A&M's coach bribing recruits on their recruiting visit and at the same time exposing Jimbo as a liar, has A&M backed off the recruiting trail? Word on the street is that the NCAA is having a look see into A&M's recruiting practices and this is probably scaring off recruits or did A&M just call it a day until the NCAA is done looking over things? I couldn't find their name in the recruiting rankings for 2023?

EDIT: Nevermind, my bad, I didn't look far enough down the page, they're at No. 60 but they claim Jimbo has always been a slow closer. I don't know about the closer part since the playing field is even now but I can confirm the slow part regarding JUmbo.
https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/
Kind of weird how that works right lol

So A&M fans feel the best way to combat negative recruiting is to "embrace it". I guess that's what that assistant coach did when he exposed Jimbo as a liar by telling recruits on the recruiting visit by pointing at donors in their seats for the recruiting visit that if you come to A&M you'll be paid lots of money.

A couple of different things are at play here with A&M recruiting. First, I believe, and rightfully so that coaches are insinuating that A&M will be looked at by the NCAA for the $30 mil. school slush fund that exists and has been bragged about incessantly, except for now. Secondly, A&M cannot play their top talent enough snaps to warrant other high profile recruits coming on board this year.

Thirdly, A&M is the Exhibit "A" for a new reality show entitled "How Jimbo and NIL ruined our team" Season 1: How a lot of the recruits we overpaid for in 2022 will transfer out due to broken promises over playing time. A&M will be living off 3 star transfer portal rats for the forseeable future.

Also OP of this attached thread seems to believe that recruits live on remote islands and have to communicate by smoke signal. He's concerned they're getting "manipulated" and someone needs get ahold of them asap.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3301993

Last edited:
Jimbo’s shenanigans he pulled in those 2 interviews are coming back to haunt him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT