ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban accuses a&m of buying entire 2022 recruiting class

We all know you are an Aggie hater which is totally fine. Saban calling out people on paying is ridiculous..OU fans calling out A&M for paying is ridiculous. OU has been doing it for years and they are doing it now. Look at what A&M has been building. They have spent millions on facilities which are second to none...and still building as their new indoor facility will be ridiculous. Their atmosphere is second to none. This has been building for a while. Houston is 45 minutes away and many of those 5 star players and high 4 star players have been close knit since their freshmen year. They have been Aggie leans for a while now. I personally know 3 of those players and families since our boys have played together for some time now and they have LOVED A&M for years. NO ONE in this country can say they aren't playing players. Quit ranting about how people are doing things and pretending OU is clean...they aren't.

Sure they're going to a&m for the "cult"ure and program. :rolleyes: You were obviously brainwashed at fish camp. There is no explaining a&m's sudden success in landing 5-star recruits with NIL in play now. Come on, man. a&m's class was totally bought and for anyone to suggest otherwise is laughable. Jimbo has yet to prove anything regarding his coaching ability so far at a&m. Good luck on 10/8. You're going to need it. Word is Saban got his red pen out today an circled that date. ;)

the fact he even held a news conference to basically argue semantics is what I find hilarious. I guarantee he made himself look much worse
So if someone attacks your character or ethical values and your "kids" so to speak, you just lay down? You sir would be a coward. Jimbo stood up for his team which he should have. Nick got beat by Jimbo and Kirby and and then beat in recruiting by Jimbo. Dude is butt hurt. What is so far fetched to have a coach that has won a title and recruited well wherever he has been. He has top of the line facilities, one of the best atmospheres in college football, a great college, a team that was just outside the playoff, beat Alabama, and is in the SEC in the most fertile recruiting grounds in America. Why is this SOOOO far fetched. to think A&M couldn't compete? So it's ok for Bryce Young to be paid and Saban to be begging donors for money last night and Texas to be offering money publicly, but A&M cheats because they beat you on the recruiting front. Sour grapes at it's finest. So I guess if someone chooses OU or Texas in the next few months it will be because they pay them. Got it. My feeling is that Saban and Alabama will be exposed in the near future. He should have kept his mouth shut.

So if someone attacks your character or ethical values and your "kids" so to speak, you just lay down? You sir would be a coward. Jimbo stood up for his team which he should have. Nick got beat by Jimbo and Kirby and and then beat in recruiting by Jimbo. Dude is butt hurt. What is so far fetched to have a coach that has won a title and recruited well wherever he has been. He has top of the line facilities, one of the best atmospheres in college football, a great college, a team that was just outside the playoff, beat Alabama, and is in the SEC in the most fertile recruiting grounds in America. Why is this SOOOO far fetched. to think A&M couldn't compete? So it's ok for Bryce Young to be paid and Saban to be begging donors for money last night and Texas to be offering money publicly, but A&M cheats because they beat you on the recruiting front. Sour grapes at it's finest. So I guess if someone chooses OU or Texas in the next few months it will be because they pay them. Got it. My feeling is that Saban and Alabama will be exposed in the near future. He should have kept his mouth shut.
So you're going to come here and tell us with a straight face that Aggy would still have the number 1 recruiting class even if there was no NIL? This is what you truly believe? You do understand that paying players under NIL is no longer considered cheating?

aggyspoof, Saban said that a&m's class was bought. He's right. It was. He didn't say that a&m cheated. He's not off base in what he said. It is what it is today. Congrats. aggy signed the #1 recruiting class in America. Now, the question is, can Jimbo coach them? a&m's transfer portal is going to be fun to watch in the next couple of years.

We all know you are an Aggie hater which is totally fine. Saban calling out people on paying is ridiculous..OU fans calling out A&M for paying is ridiculous. OU has been doing it for years and they are doing it now. Look at what A&M has been building. They have spent millions on facilities which are second to none...and still building as their new indoor facility will be ridiculous. Their atmosphere is second to none. This has been building for a while. Houston is 45 minutes away and many of those 5 star players and high 4 star players have been close knit since their freshmen year. They have been Aggie leans for a while now. I personally know 3 of those players and families since our boys have played together for some time now and they have LOVED A&M for years. NO ONE in this country can say they aren't playing players. Quit ranting about how people are doing things and pretending OU is clean...they aren't.
Sounds like you need to send your coach a text or something telling him that it's ok to have kids involved with NIL deals which is supposed to happen AFTER they sign but A&M's NIL slush fund is not ok and JIMBO has absolutely no credibility as he continues to double down.

No, he said EVERY player was bought and called us out by name. What if he had said"Texas bought their entire offensive line AND quarterback?" You would be pissed if your coach didn't respond. We are now,a threat to him and he is trying to knock us down. He does this any time he feels his strangle hold might be weakening. He doesn't bitch about spread offenses anymore.

No, he said EVERY player was bought and called us out by name. What if he had said"Texas bought their entire offensive line AND quarterback?" You would be pissed if your coach didn't respond. We are now,a threat to him and he is trying to knock us down. He does this any time he feels his strangle hold might be weakening. He doesn't bitch about spread offenses anymore.
No we wouldn't because it would be true. Aggies sound foolish when they act like it's not the reason they got some of those players. Tell me again how these out of state 5 stars have been dreaming their whole life about coming to A&M so they can help them win a National Championship. Not their in state school or the team they like growing up but A&M, in College Station TX..... Even you can smell the bullshit.

The reason everyone is criticizing A&M is because your idiot coach keeps denying everything when everyone knows it's true. He sounds unbelievable and petty.

Yeah, No. Notice Saban isn’t calling out Georgia, Ohio State, OU or the like? Have you ever been out in public and seen a smoking hot woman and she’s with a guy that looks way out of his league with her and you just know something isn’t right about it so you assume he must have a ton of money or there is some sort of arrangement etc. Well, that’s how the college football watching world views Aggie recruiting, it just doesn’t add up.

And Aggie has been bragging about a collective for months, Texags is a contributor. I’m sorry but your scumbag coach is on the take and using NIL inappropriately.

Care to explain the 5 star defense recruits not even batting an eye when you lost your DC and didn’t replace him until late January? You think that was due to A&M culture and wanting to be a part of Aggie network or you think it had to do with an extra bag of slush fund money dropped off on their doorsteps.

After all of this recruiting fiasco Aggie has gotten themselves into if it doesn’t translate to wins on the field this year Aggie will never hear the end of it. Kids do not line up to go to 8-4 programs, 4-4 conference. Saban should not have apologized for telling the truth and Jimbo looks like a lying buffoon twice now. Someone should keep him away from the mic.

Last edited:
To me, NIL and buying players is one and the same. I honesrly have no issue with aggy using the system.
Nah there is a difference between players or their reps getting deals for themselves, or a group getting together and offering a group of players deals, and coaches going to recruits and saying “if you come here we’ll give you x”

Reactions: Belldozer1
You have to put it in context and you know it. Out of the 4 schools listed here, if I were to tell you one of these schools would end up with (7) 5 stars, would A$M even cross your mind or would you question why they would even be in the same convo?

Bama
Georgia
A$M
Ohio St.

Yeah, No. Notice Saban isn’t calling out Georgia, Ohio State, OU or the like? Have you ever been out in public and seen a smoking hot woman and she’s with a guy that looks way out of his league with her and you just know something isn’t right about it so you assume he must have a ton of money etc. Well, that’s how the college football watching world views Aggie, it just doesn’t add up.

And Aggie has been bragging about a collective for months, Texags is a contributor. I’m sorry but your scumbag coach is on the take and using NIL inappropriately.

Care to explain the 5 star defense recruits not even batting an eye when you lost your DC and didn’t replace him until late January? You think that was due to A&M culture and wanting to be a part of Aggie network or you think it had to do with an extra bag of slush fund money dropped off on their doorsteps.

After all of this recruiting fiasco Aggie has gotten themselves into if it doesn’t translate to wins on the field this year Aggie will never hear the end of it. Kids do not line up to go to 8-4 programs, 4-4 conference. Saban should not have apologized for telling the truth and Jimbo looks like a lying buffoon twice now. Someone should keep him away from the mic.
Exactly. Aggies will be under a ton of pressure to produce results and these recruits are going to demand playing time when they aren’t ready.

And then you have Deion…..When I saw Deion go to the race card after Saban’s comment he looked like a kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Under no scenario other than slush fund money NEGOTIATED UP FRONT JUST LIKE A$M IS DOING, would the number 1 recruit in the nation go play for Deion’s school. Just No.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
You've posted this nonsense before.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I’m Jimbo’s presser yesterday when he was acting tough he said he “actually likes confrontations” but when asked if he’d spoken to Saban he admitted not taking his call. So he ducked out on confronting Saban when Saban offered him a free shot at confrontation LOL.
Any more lies you’d like to tell Jimbo? What a dunce. I just placed a bet on “Sliced Bread” should he and Jimbo ever cross paths

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
I’m Jimbo’s presser yesterday when he was acting tough he said he “actually likes confrontations” but when asked if he’d spoken to Saban he admitted not taking his call. So he ducked out on confronting Saban when Saban offered him a free shot at confrontation LOL.
Any more lies you’d like to tell Jimbo? What a dunce.

Jimbo comes across as having a bad case of little man's syndrome. He must have been picked on a lot when he was a kid, lol. He should quit while he's behind. No one outside of the college station cult is buying his "culture and aggy network" BS as to why all of the sudden, this year, a light miraculously went on in the heads of these 5-star players wanting to all join in what "they're building" at a$m. Just stop. :rolleyes:

You have to put it in context and you know it. Out of the 4 schools listed here, if I were to tell you one of these schools would end up with (7) 5 stars, would A$M even cross your mind or would you question why they would even be in the same convo?

Bama
Georgia
A$M
Ohio St.
I have read A&M signed 7 five stars over and over. I'm not claiming we did it for free, but would like full credit for what we potentially paid for:

Per 247 composite
WR - Stewart
DL- Stewart
QB - Weigman
DL - Overton
WR - Marshall
DL - Brownlow-Dindy
DL - Nolan
CB - Harris

If you prefer On3 you could add S Mathews.

Just want credit for what was paid for allegedly.

I have read A&M signed 7 five stars over and over. I'm not claiming we did it for free, but would like full credit for what we potentially paid for:

Per 247 composite
WR - Stewart
DL- Stewart
QB - Weigman
DL - Overton
WR - Marshall
DL - Brownlow-Dindy
DL - Nolan
CB - Harris

If you prefer On3 you could add S Mathews.

Just want credit for what was paid for allegedly.
Allegedly/potentially? You serious Clark?

Allegedly/potentially? You serious Clark?
I was joking. Everybody is paying, was paying, and will be paying in the future. I would assume if you look at recruiting rankings it would not be all that different from a ranking of who paid most. I highly doubt the $30M number is true, but I could be easily convinced it was $10M+.

Reactions: Lampasas and DHHorn
Jimbo comes across as having a bad case of little man's syndrome. He must have been picked on a lot when he was a kid, lol. He should quit while he's behind. No one outside of the college station cult is buying his "culture and aggy network" BS as to why all of the sudden, this year, a light miraculously went on in the heads of these 5-star players wanting to all join in what "they're building" at a$m. Just stop. :rolleyes:

For me it's the fact that they think the #1/2/3 player in Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Florida thought College Station was the place to be without a DC and for free. :rolleyes:

For me it's the fact that they think the #1/2/3 player in Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Florida thought College Station was the place to be without a DC and for free. :rolleyes:
Sums it up perfectly.

I was joking. Everybody is paying, was paying, and will be paying in the future. I would assume if you look at recruiting rankings it would not be all that different from a ranking of who paid most. I highly doubt the $30M number is true, but I could be easily convinced it was $10M+.
Finally an Aggie that is honest.

Reactions: horn wild
Finally an Aggie that is honest.
Anybody who claims their school is clean should be ignored. They might as well say I have no idea but decided to believe...... The only thing new is it isn't a violation of any enforceable rule.

By the way. I think smart schools might be able to control tampering with NIL. Buy the rights to players NIL rights for 4 years and only kids who need to drop a level will be looking to jump ship. Hard to show up for a car lot promo in Norman if you move to LA. Not a lawyer, but it seems like it might work. Maybe not, but there has to be a way to make a contract a 4 year thing.

coach Prime having to join in on the “we didn’t pay players” lie. According to Deion, just seeing the stadium packed full of 60,000 of ‘His’ people was all it took. Yep

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornMM
Here’s a question I should have asked a couple of weeks ago regarding Jimbo. Jimbo claims to not be on social media. So, what I don’t get is which one of his handlers thought it would be a good idea to go on national tv to rant about a guy on a random message board posting as “sliced bread”? Does he now realize the instant sound gif he created that will dog him and Aggie fans for years to come. He’s acting like it’s was CNN expose on A$M corruption.

I think whoever is advising him should do a better job. His rant yesterday did him no favors, he should have just blown it off and said we have nothing to hide. But instead he basically got into a name calling contest on national tv instead of confronting Saban privately but Jimbo was scared and ducked the confrontation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT