ADVERTISEMENT

No Longhorn Band at the Baylor game Saturday

So sad. I would think that membership in the band comes with a certain amount of obligation/responsibility to the university, and that those unwilling to honor that should face the consequences. I get that some may have problems with The Eyes of Texas (however misguided), but they should still recognize that there are consequences.

Can their asses and reload with others that will play!

Last edited:
So sad. I would think that membership in the band comes with a certain amount of obligation/responsibility to the university, and that those unwilling to honor that should face the consequences. I get that some may have problems with The Eyes of Texas (however misguided), but they should still recognize that there are consequences.

Next man (er ... person) up!

Reactions: Lampasas
That's Horseshit! Just dismiss the whole band for the rest of the year! Pull their scholarships! Play the MFer or go to another school!

The players won't sing it and the band won't play it...CDC couldn't bargain his ass outa a shit house!
The same band members voting no would be fine with the band playing WAP by Cardi B. No credibility.

I feel terrible for kids like Sam E. His life goal up to this point was to play for UT and be part of the traditions we all grew up with. All this bullshit has robbed him and others like him.

I've been a Texas fan since birth and always will be............ but,

I am not a fan of this Texas. Bad politics, bad coaching, fractured teams, and now band refusals?
It's becoming more and more difficult for me to even care anymore. No, it's not just because we suck at football again, it's because cfb as a whole has lost most of the traditions, pageantry, & competitive spirit. It's no longer the Saturday away from everyday realities, it is embodying and amplifying the crap I desperately need a break from.

Maybe it's just me venting frustration today and tomorrow will feel different but for today, I don't have the excitement to spend my Saturdays bouncing from game to game. I sure hope cfb can find a way back & for Texas to get it's head out of its ass.

I love Longhorns and CFB, but I dont care about this UT or CFB. Rant over.......

I want to know from the Old timers if stuff like this happened in the 60's with the hippies?

Nope! Too busy smoking weed!,,,LOL 1st of all DKR would not stand for the players to do this shit. second Di Nino would not let the band do this! and everyone sang the Eyes! These last 2 new generations are fing the world up!

Last edited:
I feel terrible for kids like Sam E. His life goal up to this point was to play for UT and be part of the traditions we all grew up with. All this bullshit has robbed him and others like him.

I am not a fan of this Texas. Bad politics, bad coaching, fractured teams, and now band refusals?
It's becoming more and more difficult for me to even care anymore. No, it's not just because we suck at football again, it's because cfb as a whole has lost most of the traditions, pageantry, & competitive spirit. It's no longer the Saturday away from everyday realities, it is embodying and amplifying the crap I desperately need a break from.

Maybe it's just me venting frustration today and tomorrow will feel different but for today, I don't have the excitement to spend my Saturdays bouncing from game to game. I sure hope cfb can find a way back & for Texas to get it's head out of its ass.

I love Longhorns and CFB, but I dont care about this UT or CFB. Rant over.......
The title of a thread on the other board is “I didn’t leave The University of Texas. The University of Texas left me.” Enough said.

Remove the band. We don't need them

College is supposed to be that time in life where you're becoming and adult-- you're not quite there yet as you don't have a mortgage, pay taxes, fly around the country doing sales meetings etc etc-- all the stuff you do when you grow up...

And you're supposed to figure out who you are as person. And what you love. And where you want to go in life.

Kids now are treating it like it's their chance to make adult decisions and take stands like adults do, without the consequences of BEING an adult.

As an adult, if you don't do what your boss tells you to do, he doesn't negotiate with you and change the terms to suit you and your morals.

He fvcking fires you and hires someone who will tow the company line.

Fresh--- seriously now-- you spent YEARS just TRAINING your skill set so you could EARN the opportunity to put those skills to use. You didn't get hired and trained for a few weeks (like a normal job) and turned loose on the job world.

Can you imagine how long you'd have lasted in your profession if you turned to your superiors and said "nah bruh, I'm good. Ima do me. Oh and BTW--- this training stuff you air force jagoffs have going on here is totally racist...."
Air man Fresh would have learned what article 92 was, ricky tick.

These kids want to be treated as adults. Sooooooo..... They should face adult consequences.

CDC shouldn't budge an inch. He needs to come out and say that the eyes are not racist and will stay and end the debate. He needs to quit trying to be politically correct and get to the point.

Reactions: LonghornMM
What you need at UT is an Abner McCall. Anyone remember when Playboy announced they were going to release a girls of the Southwest Conference issue in 1980? President McCall at Baylor immediately responded that anyone who appeared would be kicked out of school. The editorial board of the Baylor newspaper, the Lariat, came out with a scathing editorial. President McCall knew how to handle it - he revoked the scholarships of the editorial board. You can agree or disagree with the stance, but THAT is leadership.

Maybe ship the band to Minneapolis and let them play background for the riots, ...err peaceful protests, sure to happen tonight in light of the dismissal of one of the charges against an officer today...

Maybe this would be more in line with the band's agenda.

Maybe ship the band to Minneapolis and let them play background for the riots, ...err peaceful protests, sure to happen tonight in light of the dismissal of one of the charges against an officer today...

Maybe this would be more in line with the band's agenda.
I hear Lean on Me is on their playlist.

I agree, can their asses! Next man up!

Reactions: horn4life11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT