ADVERTISEMENT

Not impressed by ou

Reactions: Belldozer1
Texas is the all around better team. They showed that when both teams were healthy and UT largely controlled the game for 3+ quarters. OU has what I believe to be a great offense. I’m not sure who wins bc of how beat up Texas is but if you put a gun to my head I’m taking Texas. They have more heart. All I know is if you’re a fan of the Big 12 you better hope to the almighty Texas wins bc OU would embarrass the crap out of our conference if they get a playoff birth. Their defense is embarrassing and Clemson/Alabama/Notre Dame would put a beat down to a degree that would hurt this conferences image for years

Controlled the game for three quarters, both teams equally healthy, with Texas having more heart... and Texas won with a last second field goal? Oklahoma has represented the Big 12 since its inception, while Texas has been dormant for a decade. OU would represent the Big 12 just fine, and if you're so worried about the conference image maybe look in the Longhorn mirror.

Controlled the game for three quarters, both teams equally healthy, with Texas having more heart... and Texas won with a last second field goal? Oklahoma has represented the Big 12 since its inception, while Texas has been dormant for a decade. OU would represent the Big 12 just fine, and if you're so worried about the conference image maybe look in the Longhorn mirror.

When was the last Big 12 national title? When was the last time the Big 12 played in the national title game.?

Controlled the game for three quarters, both teams equally healthy, with Texas having more heart... and Texas won with a last second field goal?
Our coaches went conservative at the start of the 4th quarter and stopped trying to score, just trying to kill the clock. If you actually watched the game, you'd know that. I'm sure they won't make that mistake again.

[Q
Our coaches went conservative at the start of the 4th quarter and stopped trying to score, just trying to kill the clock. If you actually watched the game, you'd know that. I'm sure they won't make that mistake again.
Our coaches went conservative the first 3 quarters. See how that can go both ways?

Actually, we went conservative on defense and stopped pressuring Murray. As soon as we went into prevent coverage, Murray was able to exploit seems and run. We need to be applying pressure and blitzing at random. We cannot let him get in rhythm. We kept him out of rythm and forced him into questionable decisions which resulted in TO's. We were up by 21 pts in the 4th qtr which is a stomping by anyone's measure. The coaching staff is fully responsible for the comeback. If the D is tired, have subs ready to go.

Yeah like everything you post on this board.
Hey if my bearing my heart and soul to you on this board gives you the laughs, then it was worth it. it's good for the soul.

Agreed. Of course the flipside of that coin is your D doesn't do much either:

UT - 48
Tech - 46
OSU - 47
KU (snicker) - 40
WVU - 56

Yep, I recall. But i think OU is certainly very comfortable with the pressure to score on every drive, and that's not something most teams are not comfortable with. Even against a swiss cheese defense. more or less OU has the ability to make other teams play their game with their offense, in the same way an elite defense can force you to play their game. It's not pretty but hey 11-1 is 11-1. If texas ran out a triple option for 80 plays saturday, that would flip things upside down and it would be hell. But they wont and we'll end up with another barn burner. good for ratings!

Agreed. I said the same thing in the stadium.

I'd add that Kyler lost a fumble, and threw an interception. That's unusual as well. I feel comfortable that won't happen as well (maybe one or the other, but not both).

Should be fun to watch.

Reactions: Scholz
Agreed. I said the same thing in the stadium.

I'd add that Kyler lost a fumble, and threw an interception. That's unusual as well. I feel comfortable that won't happen as well (maybe one or the other, but not both).

Should be fun to watch.

I don't know Micco, K1 also had a Lost Fumble and INT against WVU. Seems his mistakes come when he's trying too hard / to do to much. I hope he has neither. If K1 has 0 TOs then I think OU has no problems.

I don't know Micco, K1 also had a Lost Fumble and INT against WVU. Seems his mistakes come when he's trying too hard / to do to much. I hope he has neither. If K1 has 0 TOs then I think OU has no problems.

Perhaps but in spite of the turnovers in those games, he ended up playing really well in them too. When he tries too hard he also has a tendency to get positive results too.

Great call Great Kreskin, great call

Dear Richard Head, the officials gave blou the championship game. I expect serious fallout after the officiating debacle today. Too bad the ones on the take can't be frog marched tomorrow.

Looks like we won another Big 12 championship. I’m impressed! Lol Seriosly great game, hard hitting, both teams left it all out there. See you in October. Boomer!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT