ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

I think Pierce is coaching for his job this weekend in all honesty. No I don’t think they will make a move mid season obviously but losing 2/3 to tech will mean losing 6 out of 7. 3 to teams in your conference next year and 3 games to in state rivals. Hard to see how things suddenly just turn around, and it puts making the most season in serious jeopardy

You guys realize that the last 2 Texas baseball coaches were BOTH the winningest of all time....... right?

And now we have...... a guy that's about to get fired.

I wonder when the least time a Texas baseball coach was actually "fired".

You guys realize that the last 2 Texas baseball coaches were BOTH the winningest of all time....... right?

And now we have...... a guy that's about to get fired.

I wonder when the least time a Texas baseball coach was actually "fired".
Quite probably never happened which is pretty amazing

After reviewing Pierce’s record, it isn’t bad: 0.65 winning percentage and made it to CWS 3 times in 7 years. I think we all get the feeling he will never win a title.

Reactions: Hoookem722
After reviewing Pierce’s record, it isn’t bad: 0.65 winning percentage and made it to CWS 3 times in 7 years. I think we all get the feeling he will never win a title.
Yep. All great coaches surround themselves with good people. pierecd issue is he won’t do that. He wants to do everything. Being a pitching coach in baseball is a full time job. The head coach doesn’t have time to be an effective pitching coach

Also David Pierce has no background in pitching. He wasn’t pitcher, yes I know he was the pitching coach at Rice, but during that time Rice developed a reputation MLB teams wouldn’t touch their pitchers because they all came to the pros and got injured shortly after.

Dave Duncan is the only non pitcher I’ve ever been aware of that was successful as a pitching coach, and he was a catcher who worked with pitchers and pitching coaches every day as a player.

You know this year I really wanted to draw final blood on Texas Tech. In all 3 sports.
Football 57/7 good guys score settled.
Basketball won at Lubbock easily last week.

This weekend is the last time we'll play them in baseball and it's at their place. Let's beat em so bad they'll go to church and give thanks that they won't have to play Texas anymore.
22-8. It's a great start to the series.

Reactions: horn wild
And traditionally baseball is a long season no reason we can't take all 3.
Every team is going to lose games in baseball. It’s not a sport where you see teams go undefeated. So that’s not the issue. What you have to do though is win series or win 4 out of 6, 7 out of 10 etc and right now Texas has lost 5 out of the last 6. Doesn’t leave much margin for error the rest of the season, and there are some tough games left.

The pitching just isn’t very good, so it’s going to be tough to win games. Last weekend in 3 games Texas averaged 8 runs a game on offense they went 0-3. That’s not great. Last night they gave up 8 runs. They just happened to explode for 26 runs lol. If the offense has to score 8 runs every night just to be in the game. That’s going to be a tall order the rest of the season.

If they don’t win tomorrow I’m not sure they will even make the post season without going on a pretty good hot steak

Yea it’s a long season, but the games stack up pretty quick. Texas has already played about 25% of its games.

Last edited:
And rally they did, now leading 9-6 in bottom of the 7th. Hopefully Pierce can manage closing it out.

Needed that series in a BAD way. Still needed every bit of the 9 runs the offense scored today. Pitching has to get better for them to have any success this season. Out slugging teams every game is a tough way to win.

This team has a ton of potential this year. They can straight up hit the hell out of the baseball. It's just the pitching that is a big question mark.

Do you think Bret Yormark asked UT to leave?
Of course not. You remember when he was at a Texas Tech banquet last summer? He said he was going to pull for Texas Tech at the Texas game. I'm not sure but didn't he say he was going to eat with them at their Thanksgiving dinner the night before the game? And in answer to your question he wasn't even discreet about cheering against Texas.

Of course not. You remember when he was at a Texas Tech banquet last summer? He said he was going to pull for Texas Tech at the Texas game. I'm not sure but didn't he say he was going to eat with them at their Thanksgiving dinner the night before the game? And in answer to your question he wasn't even discreet about cheering against Texas.
What does it matter what Yormark is thinking? Poor Texas. The biggest, baddest, richest kid on the block is the "victim." I guess whatever it takes to give you motivation.

Quite the opposite I think if Yourmark had been comish 3 years ago Texas doesn’t leave.
I agree 100%. Blowsby's only job was to occasionally call Austin and Norman and make sure they were happy. He failed. I get that Yormark took a shot at UT in the pre season, and he deserves to be called out. But I, for one, can't believe that he was able to take a bunch of leftovers, add some decent pieces, create a viable conference and sign a new TV contract. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

I agree 100%. Blowsby's only job was to occasionally call Austin and Norman and make sure they were happy. He failed. I get that Yormark took a shot at UT in the pre season, and he deserves to be called out. But I, for one, can't believe that he was able to take a bunch of leftovers, add some decent pieces, create a viable conference and sign a new TV contract. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
Oh I agree and adding the AZ, UT, schools plus Colorado will be a plus. But I don't know who will be a football power.

Yea. I’m sure glad we got rid of Williams. We’d have lost by 10 if he was still handling pitchers. Said NOBODY!!!

whatever hope there was for pos season play ended tonight. I think we and more importantly CDC can focus on who will be the coach will be next week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT