ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

I more or less agree with BBA on his take from the standpoint of it potentially being neither. They’ve both built power house programs over the last few years. Short of money whipping them, whet do they gain by leaving whet they’ve built to go rebuild our program?
While I would LOVE it for most aggy’s I know, I would kind of feel bad for BBA and JoeAg. They both seem like standup, non Cultish dudes.

Never give a rats a$$ for aggy or sooners or any other rival. Money talks and bull$hit talks.

I more or less agree with BBA on his take from the standpoint of it potentially being neither. They’ve both built power house programs over the last few years. Short of money whipping them, whet do they gain by leaving whet they’ve built to go rebuild our program?
While I would LOVE it for most aggy’s I know, I would kind of feel bad for BBA and JoeAg. They both seem like standup, non Cultish dudes.
It could be neither but I feel like if it was going to be someone else the move would have been made last week… we’ll see.

The more I dig into potential hires, the more I love Elander (associate HC/hitting and catching coach/recruiting coordinator from Tennessee). The parallels with Sark are incredible;

• Top assistant in the game who has coached under two greats, both of whom are currently battling it out for a natty in Elander’s case
  • Could be coming to Texas directly off a natty win that they helped orchestrate, revolving around high-octane scoring and a dominant regular season
  • One of the best recruiters in the nation
  • Built the most prolific and consistent offense in both the country and their program history. Tennessee’s hitting has been unreal these last few years despite constantly having to reload
  • Was offered and rejected multiple HC gigs waiting for the proper program
  • Served as the interim coach for their powerhouse program when the primary HC was unavailable (in this case, because Vitello’s temper gets him thrown out a ton lmfao)
  • Beloved by the program’s fans
Vitello and Schloss are of course much better hires on paper, but I frankly don’t see either of them as realistic options. Would love to be proven wrong, but wanted to emphasize that Elander is an amazing choice too.

The more I dig into potential hires, the more I love Elander (associate HC/hitting and catching coach/recruiting coordinator from Tennessee). The parallels with Sark are incredible;

• Top assistant in the game who has coached under two greats, both of whom are currently battling it out for a natty in Elander’s case
  • Could be coming to Texas directly off a natty win that they helped orchestrate, revolving around high-octane scoring and a dominant regular season
  • One of the best recruiters in the nation
  • Built the most prolific and consistent offense in both the country and their program history. Tennessee’s hitting has been unreal these last few years despite constantly having to reload
  • Was offered and rejected multiple HC gigs waiting for the proper program
  • Served as the interim coach for their powerhouse program when the primary HC was unavailable (in this case, because Vitello’s temper gets him thrown out a ton lmfao)
  • Beloved by the program’s fans
Vitello and Schloss are of course much better hires on paper, but I frankly don’t see either of them as realistic options. Would love to be proven wrong, but wanted to emphasize that Elander is an amazing choice too.
I know I’m in the minority but I’d prefer somebody like Elander. The game has changed. I want a guy that can adapt to the portal and NIL.

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

• Haha
Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT