ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Cool we beat cougar high and all but there is a new number one in baseball and they have the right coach at the helm and I hate it.
Definitely sad but true . I remember a poster here a few years ago that got roasted for saying Pierce wasn’t the guy and now looks like he was on point . Now we have to watch you know who !

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Texas just picked up a commitment out of the portal from Indiana state forward Jayson Kent. Dude is a really good player a little Disu like with his game.

They also released incoming freshman cam Scott from his letter of intent. I imagine kid realized with Tre Johnson coming in go and Rodney Terry looking at transfer guards as well there weren’t going to be as many mins as he wanted.
Baseball,........

• BB
  • More links

Winner
UTRGV Logo

Final
Apr. 16, 2024
Texas Logo

Score By Periods
TeamRHE
UTRGV17112
UT9102
W: Hernandez, Francisco (3-3) L: Thomas, Jared (0-1)
Victory Runs Hits Errors UTRGV 17 11 2 Texas 9 10 2 Vaqueros

Kristella Cruz
CJ Valdez (#13)
Game Recap: Baseball | 4/16/2024 10:38:00 PM

Baseball Knocks Off (RV) Texas for First Time in 53 Years​

AUSTIN – The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) Vaqueros baseball team scored in each of the first eight innings to beat the Texas Longhorns, a team receiving votes in the latest National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association poll, for the first time since 1971, 17-9 on Tuesday at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

History

The win snaps a 48-game losing streak for UTRGV (18-15) against Texas (22-16). The last time UTRGV beat Texas was in the 1971 NCAA District Championships, winning game one 1-0 and game two 4-0.

This is UTRGV's second-ever true road win against Texas, and first since May 30, 1968, a 2-1, 10-inning victory in game two of the NCAA District Championships. UTRGV had lost 44-straight road games against Texas since then, including its first 39 games at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

The 17 runs are the most ever scored by UTRGV against Texas. The previous record was 12, set on May 27, 1973.

This is UTRGV's largest-ever margin of victory over Texas, with the previous record being four on May 22, 1971.

This is UTRGV's highest-scoring output since dropping 20 runs on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on April 4, 2022 at UTRGV Baseball Stadium.

Reactions: Reveille5
First time in 53 years!!!!!
F$&k Me!! I just get back from a location in New Mexico to this?? God I’m glad we don’t play Lamar or Sam Houston anymore….

Well if this isn't sad enough the SEC is also the strongest baseball conference in the country 😢 They've won the last 4 nc.

Dude, what’s your bone with CDC? Seems like you are looking for something to always slam him. I think he has been an excellent AD since he arrived. Great hires (Terry possibly the exception).
I think 2300 just has a problem with everyone. CDC’s track record as AD has been relatively flawless

Hired Sark for Football(2300 argues he didn’t hire sark. He’s the AD he gets the credit)
Hired Mike white for Softball-softball is the

#1 team in the country right now
Hired Vic Shafer for women’s bball.

Managed to get Chris Beard(not his fault Beard ****ed it up

Replaced the best swimming coach ever with arguably the next best.

Not sure how you can look at his track recored and the performance of the program as a whole and think CDC is doing a bad job. I get that some people just have to be a contrarian but sometimes you just look silly

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Texas will attract a good baseball coach if they can Pierce. Texas has history, funding, and will be in the toughest conference.

Time for CDC to open his checkbook and make a call to Schloss...
Yep Kirk Saarloos would be my #1 realistic option. He’s got a couple years under his belt as a good program MLB expierence as a pitcher and has been a real pitching coach. In hiring him you could have the guy for the next 20 years.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
I think 2300 just has a problem with everyone. CDC’s track record as AD has been relatively flawless

Hired Sark for Football(2300 argues he didn’t hire sark. He’s the AD he gets the credit)
Hired Mike white for Softball-softball is the

#1 team in the country right now
Hired Vic Shafer for women’s bball.

Managed to get Chris Beard(not his fault Beard ****ed it up

Replaced the best swimming coach ever with arguably the next best.

Not sure how you can look at his track recored and the performance of the program as a whole and think CDC is doing a bad job. I get that some people just have to be a contrarian but sometimes you just look silly
He's telling the truth about Sarkisian not being his hire. While I can't prove it my impression is that ESPN and the SEC made this hire. At least a month before Herman was fired. I think they even played a part in getting Kyle Flood to Texas. What really bugs is how much influence does that little runt Kevin Tighe have in the athletic program. It was he, not CDC, who announced Rodney Terry's extension. Am I wrong?

I always like @weevilcatch take on our baseball team. He has been right and usually says not to worry due to baseball being baseball and there is still a lot of game left. So, I axe you @weevilcatch , we are 15-11 with 29 more games. Can we panic or should we wait it out? Is this time different?

Hey ole buddy! Thanks for the shoutout.

I've been super busy in the classroom getting kids ready for AP exams here in a couple weeks. I haven't logged on in forever!

I scrolled through after I saw this post just to see what else I had missed. @clob94 is correct....lol, we are fooked. @KChorn11 is also correct that at this point you are pretty much what you are.

When you sent this message it looks like we were playing KState of which we took 2/3. Nice series because they are a solid squad. The win PCT at the time of your message was roughly .580. The win PCT now is roughly .580. This is evidence of why I said KCHorn was correct.

Now mind you, Texas went 9-6 from when you posted this message. Not bad, not good as that averages out to a 33-22 record. And probably a 3 seed in a Regional. NOT TEXAS BASEBALL.

This team is tragic. Recruiting has been sketchy for several years now. The HC has fired the last two pitching coaches and took it over himself. Well, you all see how that turned out. DP is not the guy. He is a good, not great coach and he certainly isn't effing elite. Texas is an ELITE baseball program that requires an ELITE coach. DP ain't it.

Now back to the 9-6 record, which is pretty ****ing mid. 9 of those games were against the bottom three teams in the Big effing 12. We went 5 and ****ing 4 against the bottom 3 teams in the conference ffs. 5 and 4 smdh.

I see Texas going 7-5 to finish Conference which puts them at 18-12 and probably 4th. If they crash out in the B12 Tourney they might miss a regional.

Texas has some elite bats, not enough good ball players/scrappy hitters to mix in with the elite sticks. The pitching staff is abysmal. Take out the Cal Poly series (who sucks complete ass) and the staff is almost a run a game worse this year under DPs expert tutelage. Freaking kiddin me?

Give me the following looks at new HC

Tim Corbin
Dave Van Horn
Brian O'Connor
Dan Heefner

That is my short list. I don't let all 4 say no. This is Texas Baseball ffs.

He's telling the truth about Sarkisian not being his hire. While I can't prove it my impression is that ESPN and the SEC made this hire. At least a month before Herman was fired. I think they even played a part in getting Kyle Flood to Texas. What really bugs is how much influence does that little runt Kevin Tighe have in the athletic program. It was he, not CDC, who announced Rodney Terry's extension. Am I wrong?
Wheather he’s telling the truth or not is irrelevant. At the end of the day he’s the AD he gets the credit. If Sark was on the hot seat so would CDC be

Hey ole buddy! Thanks for the shoutout.

I've been super busy in the classroom getting kids ready for AP exams here in a couple weeks. I haven't logged on in forever!

I scrolled through after I saw this post just to see what else I had missed. @clob94 is correct....lol, we are fooked. @KChorn11 is also correct that at this point you are pretty much what you are.

When you sent this message it looks like we were playing KState of which we took 2/3. Nice series because they are a solid squad. The win PCT at the time of your message was roughly .580. The win PCT now is roughly .580. This is evidence of why I said KCHorn was correct.

Now mind you, Texas went 9-6 from when you posted this message. Not bad, not good as that averages out to a 33-22 record. And probably a 3 seed in a Regional. NOT TEXAS BASEBALL.

This team is tragic. Recruiting has been sketchy for several years now. The HC has fired the last two pitching coaches and took it over himself. Well, you all see how that turned out. DP is not the guy. He is a good, not great coach and he certainly isn't effing elite. Texas is an ELITE baseball program that requires an ELITE coach. DP ain't it.

Now back to the 9-6 record, which is pretty ****ing mid. 9 of those games were against the bottom three teams in the Big effing 12. We went 5 and ****ing 4 against the bottom 3 teams in the conference ffs. 5 and 4 smdh.

I see Texas going 7-5 to finish Conference which puts them at 18-12 and probably 4th. If they crash out in the B12 Tourney they might miss a regional.

Texas has some elite bats, not enough good ball players/scrappy hitters to mix in with the elite sticks. The pitching staff is abysmal. Take out the Cal Poly series (who sucks complete ass) and the staff is almost a run a game worse this year under DPs expert tutelage. Freaking kiddin me?

Give me the following looks at new HC

Tim Corbin
Dave Van Horn
Brian O'Connor
Dan Heefner

That is my short list. I don't let all 4 say no. This is Texas Baseball ffs.
My concern is Pierce is winning enough conference games to keep his job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT