ADVERTISEMENT

Official Noble and Virtuous Scholar Athletes vs. Dirt Burglars Game Thread...

Texas is the better team? See, I'm not really sure about that. And I'm not trying to pick a fight, it's an honest question.

Where exactly are the Longhorn's better than OU? RB Maybe? Not offensive line. WRs are close. I think I would take our front seven, but probably your secondary. How about coaches?

QB is interesting now that Williams is almost certainly our starter going forward. Kid has good wheels. Better than Thompsons I think. Both were bombing away today. Thompson and Williams actually look pretty equal to me.

Let me just say this. I would love for OU to have another shot at your guys in the CCG. You guys came out of the tunnel with murder in your eyes, and that showed as you jumped all over us in the first quarter. But our front seven took control of the LOS after half time, and our Rookie QB and WRs made some big plays. If you want to say the refs handed the game to us, fine (I admit OU got the better of the calls this game), but I don't think the OU players are scared to play you in the CCG, and I don't think they think UT is better than OU. Honestly, I don't either. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched.
Deusch bag, go suck some cock in Norman. We don't give a shit what you think, adios.

• Haha
Reactions: Sooner_MB
We only got called for 6 penalties and now that I think about it with the exception of TCU we've cut down on penalties. But what I'm thinking is if the rest of the Big XII is complaining about OK's ol than it's not just us.

If there really is something to this than it explains in part why their qbs rarely get sacked.

From what I've read in the NFL when coaches complain about the zebras they just throw it in the trash, and I know for a fact the NBA does this.

But I have to acknowledge that we are not ready for the big stage. And as far as I'm concerned were not going to get there as long as

Derek Kerstetter
Junior Angilou
Denzel Okafor
Christian Jones
Cade Brewer starting in your ol. I have hopes for Jake Major a true sophomore who with a respected ol coach and s&c could become a top player in a couple of years. There's still hope for Karic and Wiley. I mean when we look at the AR game and didn't make any changes in the starting lineup pretty much says it all.

But the good thing is we finally have a top notch oc play caller. I thought our biggest asset at the beginning of the season was that we have outstanding individual talent at the skill positions and it showed today. And Casey showed he can handle the big stage what a crushing loss this must be for him and his family. Xman showed character after his fumble. Joshua, and Jordan played great and Jared came through when called upon. Cameron also played solid. I have to go back and see about DO in the second half.

Last week I watched the Auburn/LSU game and they talkes about a dl at Auburn who can lift 600 lbs! They talk about how the SEC is so much better than the rest of the country at dl. So I'm thinking good lord are these the dl we have to recruit? And as always

HookemHorns
We are 0-2 against SEC teams so far this year. These are our likely pod brethren. Bend over, grab your ankles.

Sure I did. Rattler hasn’t played well this year. I posted in the RRS thread that I started or the “place your bet” thread, can’t recall which one that if Rattler couldn’t get the offense going then Riley would get Williams involved. That’s what happened.

When you claim someone will win multiple Heisman it’s tongue and cheek did I think he had a chance to win a Heisman? Yes as did the rest of the country who placed him as the Heisman favorite to start the year. All were wrong.

ok Bell. No controversy. Williams is Heisman front runner. He won’t ever struggle.

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornMM
ok Bell. No controversy. Williams is Heisman front runner. He won’t ever struggle.
Nobody said Heisman frontrunner? He is a true freshman that stepped in and was pretty nails on the biggest stage to date for him though. Relax the sun will still come up tomorrow. Not sure why you're wanting to argue about that? It's almost like you're wanting me to not own up to my prediction for Rattler but I already have? maybe that aggravates you?

Reactions: CakesMcGee
No doubt he needs to this is Williams team now and were like night and day compared to when Rattler was in there
We'll see what they got with Williams moving forward. Now there's some tape on him and teams can better prepare for him. I wouldn't anoint him as the next big thing just yet. We'll see how he handles success.

Throwing hail marys off your back foot will not last long in college or even sniff the NFL. Let's see if our coaches can coach up our players on playing the ball and getting their head around or reading their eyes.

Where's Mr. Know-it-all? I want to here all about how were going to run the table.

Throwing hail marys off your back foot will not last long in college or even sniff the NFL. Let's see if our coaches can coach up our players on playing the ball and getting their head around or reading their eyes.
Just the fact that Williams is a threat to run already makes him harder to defend than Rattler.

Reactions: CakesMcGee
Will they make a documentary now about Rattler being benched twice and losing his NFL stock and Heisman?
They should, he brought it on himself. Should have progressed from last year, he didn't. Riley went to his bullpen and pulled out another one.

Nobody said Heisman frontrunner? He is a true freshman that stepped in and was pretty nails on the biggest stage to date for him though. Relax the sun will still come up tomorrow. Not sure why you're wanting to argue about that? It's almost like you're wanting me to not own up to my prediction for Rattler but I already have? maybe that aggravates you?

Bell. Remember 90s OU football? If so, remember how frustrating it was? Multiply by 1000000 and that’s what it’s like to be a Texas fan.

So….I don’t give a shit about your QB, or if y’all have a controversy or not. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Just the fact that Williams is a threat to run already makes him harder to defend than Rattler.
There's a ton of defenses you can install to defend a running QB. From what i saw of Williams I'd stack the box and force him to throw the ball. Rattler has the better arm in my opinion but he's not a threat to run. If Williams starts throwing picks or missing receivers then it's back to Rattler. That's a roller coaster that coaches would rather avoid. It seems clear that the OU players prefer Williams over Rattler.

Williams is also very young and seems amped up to want to go for the big play instead of taking what's there. That's going to bite him. He's a great talent but he's just 18 and needs time to develop. His youth and inexperience may cost you some games.

Reactions: westx
There's a ton of defenses you can install to defend a running QB. From what i saw of Williams I'd stack the box and force him to throw the ball. Rattler has the better arm in my opinion but he's not a threat to run. If Williams starts throwing picks or missing receivers then it's back to Rattler. That's a roller coaster that coaches would rather avoid. It seems clear that the OU players prefer Williams over Rattler.

Williams is also very young and seems amped up to want to go for the big play instead of taking what's there. That's going to bite him. He's a great talent but he's just 18 and needs time to develop. His youth and inexperience may cost you some games.
Well we haven't had an undefeated season since 2000 so it won't be a shocker. Defenses were scheming OU with deep safeties this year forcing Rattler into underneath routes only. That's not going to happen with Williams a threat to run, those safeties will be coming up which will open up the passing game. He's a dual threat 5 star guy he's got alot of talent.

You know.

Mr. None of the defenses in the Big 12 are any good, we are going 10-2.

He showed up yesterday, after we jumped all over them and then disappeared when everything went south.

Exactly x100. Stacking the box or pressuring the hell out of him, 5* or not, he is a freshman in a big game. That is the starting point. If he shows he can shows he can expose that, then you adjust. But freaking make him beat you there.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Exactly x100. Stacking the box or pressuring the hell out of him, 5* or not, he is a freshman in a big game. That is the starting point. If he shows he can shows he can expose that, then you adjust. But freaking make him beat you there.
Idk why our defense coordinator didn't think of sending the house every damn play. Was he scared to get beat deep? Well I saw two prayers thrown up and caught sooo

Reactions: weevilcatch

LOL, dude he's a true freshman who had only played two meaningful snaps since his junior year of HS in 2019 because his senior year was canceled due to Covid. He just walked onto the biggest stage in college football to lead the team back from a 21 pt deficit. He definitely had some luck on a few of those throws but he threw more completions than the two hail marys to Mims. He'll spend less time tossing up 60 yard desperation bombs off his back foot when he doesn't have to spend all but the last 5 minutes playing from behind. He also wasn't staring down receivers most of the game, I noticed it a few times but also noticed him progressing through reads as well.

Of course he was amped up to go for the big play! He was playing from behind for all but the last five minutes of the game! He really only did so twice anyway and both came on 3rd and long situations. He'll definitely make mistakes, but I think the risk is more than worth the reward when you compare the efficiency of the offense under both QBs. Rattler already makes way too many mistakes and it's is second year. It's a no-brainer decision.

LOL, dude he's a true freshman who had only played two meaningful snaps since his junior year of HS in 2019 because his senior year was canceled due to Covid. He just walked onto the biggest stage in college football to lead the team back from a 21 pt deficit. He definitely had some luck on a few of those throws but he threw more completions than the two hail marys to Mims. He'll spend less time tossing up 60 yard desperation bombs off his back foot when he doesn't have to spend all but the last 5 minutes playing from behind. He also wasn't staring down receivers most of the game, I noticed it a few times but also noticed him progressing through reads as well.

Of course he was amped up to go for the big play! He was playing from behind for all but the last five minutes of the game! He really only did so twice anyway and both came on 3rd and long situations. He'll definitely make mistakes, but I think the risk is more than worth the reward when you compare the efficiency of the offense under both QBs. Rattler already makes way too many mistakes and it's is second year. It's a no-brainer decision.
My point is that you need to be ready for when the youthful mistakes start happening. Those mistakes will cost you games and you have to live with that. Just as our true freshman did trying to run a kickoff back and fumbling when he should have just taken the touchback.

My point is that you need to be ready for when the youthful mistakes start happening. Those mistakes will cost you games and you have to live with that. Just as our true freshman did trying to run a kickoff back and fumbling when he should have just taken the touchback.

Oh for sure. They're definitely going to come. Given what we saw in Rattler for the first 5 games, I think the fanbase will be happy to put up with it for the rest of the season. Obviously next season you would hope to see a more polished product.

Oh for sure. They're definitely going to come. Given what we saw in Rattler for the first 5 games, I think the fanbase will be happy to put up with it for the rest of the season. Obviously next season you would hope to see a more polished product.
You say this now but if you lose a game your stance will probably change.

You say this now but if you lose a game your stance will probably change.
Not at all because what's the better option? Rattler was making mistakes all over the place and the offense under him made every yard look like a mile. We've still not won a game by more than 7 points. The offense under Rattler just looked flat out shaky all season aside from a handful of bright moments. If you've watched the games preceding the RRS this season and/or are a Sooner Fan, you would understand but Rattler has just consistently been subpar in this offense. If we lose a game going forward due to QB play, it just is what it is. You take the risk for the reward on that. With Rattler at QB, we lose the RRS and likely one more anyway so CW is almost playing with house money at this point (until we lose a game).

Last edited:
Not at all because what's the better option? Rattler was making mistakes all over the place and the offense under him made every yard look like a mile. We've still not won a game by more than 7 points. The offense under Rattler just looked flat out shaky all season aside from a handful of bright moments. If you've watched the games preceding the RRS this season and/or are a Sooner Fan, you would understand but Rattler has just consistently been subpar in this offense. If we lose a game going forward due to QB play, it just is what it is. You take the risk for the reward on that. With Rattler at QB, we lose the RRS and likely one more anyway so CW is almost playing with house money at this point (until we lose a game).
Rattler has been exposed for the prima donna we all knew he was. He'll hit the transfer portal and try to revamp his image a la Kyler Murray. The line won't block for him, the recievers won't catch for him. The players won't cheer for him. He's a self centered little brat who mommy and daddy never spanked.

Rattler has been exposed for the prima donna we all knew he was. He'll hit the transfer portal and try to revamp his image a la Kyler Murray. The line won't block for him, the recievers won't catch for him. The players won't cheer for him. He's a self centered little brat who mommy and daddy and Riley never spanked.
you forgot one

Reactions: clob94
Take it from a Texas fan. Be careful what you wish for because things can always get worse.

Take it from a Texas fan. Be careful what you wish for because things can always get worse.

CW was going to be our starting QB next year anyway... whatever this becomes was coming one way or another. It's just 8-9 games ahead of schedule. I'm at peace with it. It will be interesting to see what he looks like after practicing with the 1st team this week.

CW was going to be our starting QB next year anyway... whatever this becomes was coming one way or another. It's just 8-9 games ahead of schedule. I'm at peace with it. It will be interesting to see what he looks like after practicing with the 1st team this week.
It think he is good and definitely provided a needed spark for that game. I would argue that he had things fall the right way for him, he threw several 50/50 balls which your guys game down with, fumbled a snap only for it to bounce right back to him, and was able to score on a worn out Texas defense who was on the field for most of the game. If one of those passes gets picked off and he loses the snap and doesn't get the advantage of a running game going against a poor defensive effort, he won't look so shiny. I get what your saying and that he is probably the better option at this point but he can be the worse option as well. We don't know yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT