ADVERTISEMENT

Official Noble and Virtuous Scholar Athletes vs. Dirt Burglars Game Thread...

Lol over react much? Yep, we choked big time but it was one helluva game. Loved the 1st half, not much the 2nd. This is Sark's team with Herman players. Moral victories count for nothing but this program will be scary good very soon.

We still control our destiny in the B12 this year so let's hope we can fix stoopid and earn a rematch in the B12 ccg.
This team is soft. Soft teams don't do much. That's not an overreaction. You ever play football?

Reactions: weevilcatch
Our offense played well enough to win. Worthy was amazing except for his fumble.

Defense with poor tackling and refs with poor officiating cost us the game

we’ll be good after we get over this one

OU is the worst 6-0 team in the country
I agree mostly.

Everyone is right that it shouldn't have been this close, Texas played way above our pay grade the 1st half. We're not there yet but we're knocking on the damn door.

Last years staff would have been blown out by 4 scores....easy. Close losses burn but with all things considered we're headed in the right direction overall.

Until we can put together a solid oline we're gonna have craptastic sporadic play.

Weren't these the same officials when you were up 28-7? Come on! Blame your players or coaching, but not refs when you are up that big. Just my opinion.
Refs gifted Sooners their first TD. Otherwise it’s a much bigger hill to climb… plus, a momentum killer for Texas defense.

This team is soft. Soft teams don't do much. That's not an overreaction. You ever play football?
Not beyond hs, how about you? No shit this team is soft but how can you expect Sark to make rocks out of Herman's twinkies? Honestly, did you expect anything better than 3-4 losses this year?

We are building a program from scratch again, not reloading a successful one.

Not beyond hs, how about you? No shit this team is soft but how can you expect Sark to make rocks out of Herman's twinkies? Honestly, did you expect anything better than 3-4 losses this year?

Yeah, but there is ZERO excuse to lose this game with a lead like that. None.

Wrong. The better team didn't win today. Shouldn't have been this close if not for both Texas choking and the refs handing the game to OU. OU didn't win. Texas lost it and handed it to them. OU isn't not a playoff worthy team. They've been exposed every game they've played this year. Their smoke and mirrors luck will run out.
OU will lose a couple games before the end of the season. Book it!!

Ok man. Best of luck. I guess you also didn’t ever try to claim Rattler would win multiple Heismans
Sure I did. Rattler hasn’t played well this year. I posted in the RRS thread that I started or the “place your bet” thread, can’t recall which one that if Rattler couldn’t get the offense going then Riley would get Williams involved. That’s what happened.

When you claim someone will win multiple Heisman it’s tongue and cheek did I think he had a chance to win a Heisman? Yes as did the rest of the country who placed him as the Heisman favorite to start the year. All were wrong.

Yeah that's going to happen Bell, lol.

Texas needs to ram the ball down OU's throats with Bijan!
So Bell was right. How about that? Never bet on these games. On any others. But will be checking out Bell's posts for the rest of the year if I have any extra money. Most unbelievable RRS I have ever seen and this was my 65th. Remember a few last minutes finishes. '68 with Wooster. 2018 and last second FG. Last year. But this one takes the cake. OU in first half and UT in second both were clinics on how not to tackle. And don't disagree OU has been very lucky this year. Just hope it holds out for a few more games.

Man, I'll tell you one thing.. your play calling was light years ahead of whatever we've seen in the last few RRRs. That's for sure. And your team came out inspired too. What a 1st quarter. 28 points!

If you want to blame the refs, okay, I thought OU got the better of the calls today. But I also think your o-line let you down a little. Robinson is so good that you should have been able to play keep away in the 2nd half, but I thought your oline didn't give him the chance to get going downhill.

This team has 2 #3 recruiting classes on the roster. This team is soft. Sark and Co are soft til proven otherwise. This team is 0-2 vs decent opponents. It took a miracle to beat osu last year. We will lose 2 of 3 to Baylor, OSU, or ISU.

2018.png

2021-10-09-154407.png

Last edited:
Man, I'll tell you one thing.. your play calling was light years ahead of whatever we've seen in the last few RRRs. That's for sure. And your team came out inspired too. What a 1st quarter. 28 points!

If you want to blame the refs, okay, I thought OU got the better of the calls today. But I also think your o-line let you down a little. Robinson is so good that you should have been able to play keep away in the 2nd half, but I thought your oline didn't give him the chance to get going downhill.
I have to admit this is a fair asessment.

Sure I did. Rattler hasn’t played well this year. I posted in the RRS thread that I started or the “place your bet” thread, can’t recall which one that if Rattler couldn’t get the offense going then Riley would get Williams involved. That’s what happened.

When you claim someone will win multiple Heisman it’s tongue and cheek did I think he had a chance to win a Heisman? Yes as did the rest of the country who placed him as the Heisman favorite to start the year. All were wrong.
So Bell was right. How about that? Never bet on these games. On any others. But will be checking out Bell's posts for the rest of the year if I have any extra money. Most unbelievable RRS I have ever seen and this was my 65th. Remember a few last minutes finishes. '68 with Wooster. 2018 and last second FG. Last year. But this one takes the cake. OU in first half and UT in second both were clinics on how not to tackle. And don't disagree OU has been very lucky this year. Just hope it holds out for a few more games.
You all were extremely lucky today old man. the refs blown calls went your way today. You should have lost by 2 touchdowns easily! Enjoy the lucky win. See you again on Dec 4

This team has 2 #3 recruiting classes on the roster.

2018.png

2021-10-09-154407.png
Yeah so? Our biggest complaint has been the lack of player development the last decade. Let's see if our 1st year staff can develope. Right now they are trying to out scheme.

Also, take a look at how few guys of those 2 classes are still here. Even worse, how many are 1st string. You'll be shocked.

This team has 2 #3 recruiting classes on the roster. This team is soft. Sark and Co are soft til proven otherwise. This team is 0-2 vs decent opponents. It took a miracle to beat osu last year. We will lose 2 of 3 to Baylor, OSU, or ISU.

2018.png

2021-10-09-154407.png
You do realize there’s almost no one from that 2019 class left on the roster right? So that’s irrelevant.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!

Exactly. The refs, poor tackling and OL play in 2nd half cost us the game.

OU sux and shouldn’t even be a top 10 team.

So next year? Hmmmm..... I know another school that uses that rally call.
I don’t understand why you’re upset? Coming into the year most everybody with realistic expectations said 8-4 or 9-3. We could even win out and finish 10-2. We are on track for exactly that. These coaches can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
The offense outside of the line looks to be just fine. Defense is what I’m worried about. Let’s let the season play out before we give up on the coaches. I get a little to emotionally invested at times and tend to overreact but I don’t mean half the shit I say.

So next year? Hmmmm..... I know another school that uses that rally call.
Bro, I know we're all pissed but let's come back to earth a bit. How would you like to fix this team, tomorrow? Boot Sark and then what? we'd be lucky to get a Jr high coach after that move.

It sucks but was completely expected up until the Ttech game. Super disappointing but not shocking. So yes, we should be better in the 2nd year of a staff.

Preseason I had us at 4-5 losses and not much has changed. 1 star RB and 1 breakout frosh wr doesn't = a team. We have too many holes and we knew that.

I just don't want to hear we have a new coach, he needs to bring in his own players, next years recruiting class is going to be great, we have talent, blah, blah, blah. This crap has been going on here since Stoops came to OK. The last 9 games lost all by 7 points or less. A play here, a missed tackle there. I'm getting to old for this nonsense. Right now I feel like I've been hit with a gut punch.

But as always
HookemHorns

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT