ADVERTISEMENT

Official Noble and Virtuous Scholar Athletes vs. Dirt Burglars Game Thread...

You might recall that when they got called for holding Herbstreit said that a lot of Big XII coaches complained about OK getting away with holding to much. But I'm not sure it was holding on that td it seemed like he released after Brooks passed him. So when is it holding cause I'm not sure about plays like that.
It doesn't matter if the runner is behind him or in front of him. If the defender is trying to break free and the offensive player is clearly pulling him away with his jersey, that's holding.

It's clear to me that UT was targeted by this group of officials. Let's face it, UT is hated by the league far more than OU because of the status and power that we hold. We were jobbed no doubt.

How in the hell do you not call one single hold on them the entire game? I understand there's close calls sometimes but the last score had two clear holds that were missed. The refs either got caught up in the excitement or they intended to let it go because it was UT. I guarantee that next week OU will be called for 5-6 holding calls. The out of bounds play in the first quarter was also clear and convincing. The fumble by Williams that they called an incomplete pass was also an obvious missed call. I understand that bad breaks happen but UT never gets breaks like that in a big game like this.

I'm also not naive to think that our team was actually good in all phases coming into this game. We were making some progress but we still had a lot of work to do. However, OU was also not a very good team (still isn't) and this game was set up for us to win easily.

No way we should've lost this game. In either case, we have to immediately let it go and start focusing on OSU. We'll worry about OU again on Dec 4.

I have the same feeling today that I had on Nov 4 when the election was stolen from Trump. Yes, I went there!!!
You might recall that when they got called for holding Herbstreit said that a lot of Big XII coaches complained about OK getting away with holding to much. But I'm not sure it was holding on that td it seemed like he released after Brooks passed him. So when is it holding cause I'm not sure about plays like that.

It doesn't matter if the runner is behind him or in front of him. If the defender is trying to break free and the offensive player is clearly pulling him away with his jersey, that's holding.

It's clear to me that UT was targeted by this group of officials. Let's face it, UT is hated by the league far more than OU because of the status and power that we hold. We were jobbed no doubt.

How in the hell do you not call one single hold on them the entire game? I understand there's close calls sometimes but the last score had two clear holds that were missed. The refs either got caught up in the excitement or they intended to let it go because it was UT. I guarantee that next week OU will be called for 5-6 holding calls. The out of bounds play in the first quarter was also clear and convincing. The fumble by Williams that they called an incomplete pass was also an obvious missed call. I understand that bad breaks happen but UT never gets breaks like that in a big game like this.

I'm also not naive to think that our team was actually good in all phases coming into this game. We were making some progress but we still had a lot of work to do. However, OU was also not a very good team (still isn't) and this game was set up for us to win easily.

No way we should've lost this game. In either case, we have to immediately let it go and start focusing on OSU. We'll worry about OU again on Dec 4.

I have the same feeling today that I had on Nov 4 when the election was stolen from Trump. Yes, I went there!!!

Can't allow a loss to beat you twice. All Texas can do is try to win out and make it to the CCG. If OU is there, it'll be nice to whip their ass and get revenge! Texas is the better team. We just need to shore up some things and never again allow to happen what happened today.

Bro, I know we're all pissed but let's come back to earth a bit. How would you like to fix this team, tomorrow? Boot Sark and then what? we'd be lucky to get a Jr high coach after that move.

It sucks but was completely expected up until the Ttech game. Super disappointing but not shocking. So yes, we should be better in the 2nd year of a staff.

Preseason I had us at 4-5 losses and not much has changed. 1 star RB and 1 breakout frosh wr doesn't = a team. We have too many holes and we knew that.
I think it's more along the lines of "how are you good enough/playing well enough, to be up 28-7 in the 1st quarter, then 38-20 at half-- and then just piss it away." I don't think that's a talent question. I think that's a "heart/effort" question.

You of all people should know that's it not always the Greek God built freak athlete stud that can finish the job. Most times it's the average looking guy that just won't quit. That keeps going. Pushes through. That's a mindset. And we don't have it.

Man I remember when I was really happy 3 hours ago. Turns out having Herman take over coaching at halftime was a bad idea.

Sometimes I really wish I didn't love sports. So depressing.

I already have the floor covered in kerosene, going to go ahead and finish the job… someone talk me out of this.

I think it's more along the lines of "how are you good enough/playing well enough, to be up 28-7 in the 1st quarter, then 38-20 at half-- and then just piss it away." I don't think that's a talent question. I think that's a "heart/effort" question.

You of all people should know that's it not always the Greek God built freak athlete stud that can finish the job. Most times it's the average looking guy that just won't quit. That keeps going. Pushes through. That's a mindset. And we don't have it.
This

Man I remember when I was really happy 3 hours ago. Turns out having Herman take over coaching at halftime was a bad idea.

I already have the floor covered in kerosene, going to go ahead and finish the job… someone talk me out of this.
Follow Texas basketball. We are going to be better at basketball for 20+ years. Beard is that guy.

Reactions: RoboCocks21

I have to disagree on defense at least. We just don’t have any talent on defense. Our front 7 isn’t very good.

Same with the offensive line.

Kwiatkowski’s defense is built around having a stud 1 technique. At Washington he had guys like Vita Vea and Danny Shelton. He doesn’t do a lot of exotic stuff scheme wise. His scheme is reliant on getting pressure with 4-5 guys. We just don’t have anybody that can rush the passer. We are relying on 2 transfers on the edges.
Looking at next year’s recruiting class they went heavily on the defensive line. Hopefully that shores it up a little bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 88MCSS2NV

I can have my Uncle Luigi standing by just in case you change your mind?
elderly-man-holding-red-fire-extinguisher-observance-rules-safety-74341988.jpg

Reactions: Drtxhorn

You're right, this team doesn't have any moxy. Basically what I'm asking is what gave you the idea that we were going to walk away with this game?
TTech was fool's gold so that leaves you with Arkansas and TCU to gauge where this team is at so I know you're thinking missing many important pieces.
To be honest I think this game should have been a blowout for ou from the get go but somehow our guys came out hair on fire and took the gooners by surprise.

We ALL know we don't have the D to shutdown good teams and we don't have an o-line to consistently give our inexperienced qb time to operate.

They gave it to ou for 2qtrs then crumbled in spectacular fashion. Bijon, Worthy, & Overshown are damn good pieces but they can't win 12 games by themselves. We're not a complete team and it shows.

Too many of us here got fooled by Ttech and Bijans career game at TCU. Texas has enough juice to play the season spoiler, not much more. We can get there but we have to trust the process even if the last 2 experimental coaches burned us bad.

I feel ya bruddah....but as a lifelong Oakland A's fan, as sick as I feel right now, it cannot compare to October 15th, 1988....I had to spend the next week waiting for the World Series loss to be official, but we all knew it was going to happen as soon as Eckersley served up that jack to Hop-a-long Gibson.....

Reactions: Oldmanastro
I feel ya bruddah....but as a lifelong Oakland A's fan, as sick as I feel right now, it cannot compare to October 15th, 1988....I had to spend the next week waiting for the World Series loss to be official, but we all knew it was going to happen as soon as Eckersley served up that jack to Hop-a-long Gibson.....
I remember where I was when that happened. Living in Vail working for Marriot as the hotel manager of the spa tapping vacationer daughter’s. I was right out of college living the dream. I watched that game in the gym tv.

Reactions: freeper
I remember where I was when that happened. Living in Vail working for Marriot as the hotel manager of the spa tapping vacationer daughter’s. I was right out of college living the dream. I watched that game in the gym tv.
I sure didn't get laid that night. I watched the game at my girlfriend's home. Her mother was over and made supper for us. It was all I could do to keep my emotions in check. When the game was over, we went out to a honky-tonk we frequented. I proceeded to drink myself into a stupor...

Reactions: westx

We only got called for 6 penalties and now that I think about it with the exception of TCU we've cut down on penalties. But what I'm thinking is if the rest of the Big XII is complaining about OK's ol than it's not just us.

If there really is something to this than it explains in part why their qbs rarely get sacked.

From what I've read in the NFL when coaches complain about the zebras they just throw it in the trash, and I know for a fact the NBA does this.

But I have to acknowledge that we are not ready for the big stage. And as far as I'm concerned were not going to get there as long as

Derek Kerstetter
Junior Angilou
Denzel Okafor
Christian Jones
Cade Brewer starting in your ol. I have hopes for Jake Major a true sophomore who with a respected ol coach and s&c could become a top player in a couple of years. There's still hope for Karic and Wiley. I mean when we look at the AR game and didn't make any changes in the starting lineup pretty much says it all.

But the good thing is we finally have a top notch oc play caller. I thought our biggest asset at the beginning of the season was that we have outstanding individual talent at the skill positions and it showed today. And Casey showed he can handle the big stage what a crushing loss this must be for him and his family. Xman showed character after his fumble. Joshua, and Jordan played great and Jared came through when called upon. Cameron also played solid. I have to go back and see about DO in the second half.

Last week I watched the Auburn/LSU game and they talkes about a dl at Auburn who can lift 600 lbs! They talk about how the SEC is so much better than the rest of the country at dl. So I'm thinking good lord are these the dl we have to recruit? And as always

HookemHorns

I remember that. For me, it reminds me of the 2013 NBA Finals where the Spurs choked away the title at the end of game 6 against the Heat. 5 point lead with 3 seconds left and give up a 3-pointer, a turnover, then another 3-pointer to win it at the buzzer. There was a 99.2% chance of winning the title at that point with a 5 point lead and less than 4 seconds to play. That loss forced a Game 7 where the Spurs ultimately lost. They even had the Larry O'Brien trophy and champagne wheeled out to the sidelines before the final meltdown by the Spurs.

Rattler's draft stock pretty much tanked today and he may have to return for another season before declaring for the NFL. If Williams ends up the starter the rest of the season his draft status gets even worse. Rattler may very well have to transfer next year - probably to some Pac 12 school.

Can't allow a loss to beat you twice. All Texas can do is try to win out and make it to the CCG. If OU is there, it'll be nice to whip their ass and get revenge! Texas is the better team. We just need to shore up some things and never again allow to happen what happened today.

Texas is the better team? See, I'm not really sure about that. And I'm not trying to pick a fight, it's an honest question.

Where exactly are the Longhorn's better than OU? RB Maybe? Not offensive line. WRs are close. I think I would take our front seven, but probably your secondary. How about coaches?

QB is interesting now that Williams is almost certainly our starter going forward. Kid has good wheels. Better than Thompsons I think. Both were bombing away today. Thompson and Williams actually look pretty equal to me.

Let me just say this. I would love for OU to have another shot at your guys in the CCG. You guys came out of the tunnel with murder in your eyes, and that showed as you jumped all over us in the first quarter. But our front seven took control of the LOS after half time, and our Rookie QB and WRs made some big plays. If you want to say the refs handed the game to us, fine (I admit OU got the better of the calls this game), but I don't think the OU players are scared to play you in the CCG, and I don't think they think UT is better than OU. Honestly, I don't either. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched.

Texas is the better team? See, I'm not really sure about that. And I'm not trying to pick a fight, it's an honest question.

Where exactly are the Longhorn's better than OU? RB Maybe? Not offensive line. WRs are close. I think I would take our front seven, but probably your secondary. How about coaches?

QB is interesting now that Williams is almost certainly our starter going forward. Kid has good wheels. Better than Thompsons I think. Both were bombing away today. Thompson and Williams actually look pretty equal to me.

Let me just say this. I would love for OU to have another shot at your guys in the CCG. You guys came out of the tunnel with murder in your eyes, and that showed as you jumped all over us in the first quarter. But our front seven took control of the LOS after half time, and our Rookie QB and WRs made some big plays. If you want to say the refs handed the game to us, fine (I admit OU got the better of the calls this game), but I don't think the OU players are scared to play you in the CCG, and I don't think they think UT is better than OU. Honestly, I don't either. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched.
We proved it today that we were the better team. Look, both teams suck. Today we just couldn't overcome all the blown calls throughout the game. Had it been called correctly we win by at least 2 touchdowns, probably more. OU got all the breaks from bad calls today - 100% of them.

2 of Williams plays today were complete luck. He threw up 2 prayers to Mims and they both got caught because our secondary has poor ball skills. Neither one were good passes. That was the difference in the game right there.

2 of Williams plays today were complete luck. He threw up 2 prayers to Mims and they both got caught because our secondary has poor ball skills. Neither one were good passes. That was the difference in the game right there.
This. I hope Williams continues to keep throwing off his back foot under pressure. That garbage gets picked off more times than not. I don't see him as much of a difference maker. He benefited today from the lack of holding calls, chop blocks, hands to the face, etc. Once opposing teams start game-planning for him he'll come back down to earth. Nothing too special with him in my view. However, if you listen really close you can still hear Kirk Herbstreit sucking off Williams.

Deusch bag, go suck some cock in Norman. We don't give a shit what you think, adios.

• Haha
Reactions: Sooner_MB
We only got called for 6 penalties and now that I think about it with the exception of TCU we've cut down on penalties. But what I'm thinking is if the rest of the Big XII is complaining about OK's ol than it's not just us.

If there really is something to this than it explains in part why their qbs rarely get sacked.

From what I've read in the NFL when coaches complain about the zebras they just throw it in the trash, and I know for a fact the NBA does this.

But I have to acknowledge that we are not ready for the big stage. And as far as I'm concerned were not going to get there as long as

Derek Kerstetter
Junior Angilou
Denzel Okafor
Christian Jones
Cade Brewer starting in your ol. I have hopes for Jake Major a true sophomore who with a respected ol coach and s&c could become a top player in a couple of years. There's still hope for Karic and Wiley. I mean when we look at the AR game and didn't make any changes in the starting lineup pretty much says it all.

But the good thing is we finally have a top notch oc play caller. I thought our biggest asset at the beginning of the season was that we have outstanding individual talent at the skill positions and it showed today. And Casey showed he can handle the big stage what a crushing loss this must be for him and his family. Xman showed character after his fumble. Joshua, and Jordan played great and Jared came through when called upon. Cameron also played solid. I have to go back and see about DO in the second half.

Last week I watched the Auburn/LSU game and they talkes about a dl at Auburn who can lift 600 lbs! They talk about how the SEC is so much better than the rest of the country at dl. So I'm thinking good lord are these the dl we have to recruit? And as always

HookemHorns
We are 0-2 against SEC teams so far this year. These are our likely pod brethren. Bend over, grab your ankles.

Sure I did. Rattler hasn’t played well this year. I posted in the RRS thread that I started or the “place your bet” thread, can’t recall which one that if Rattler couldn’t get the offense going then Riley would get Williams involved. That’s what happened.

When you claim someone will win multiple Heisman it’s tongue and cheek did I think he had a chance to win a Heisman? Yes as did the rest of the country who placed him as the Heisman favorite to start the year. All were wrong.

ok Bell. No controversy. Williams is Heisman front runner. He won’t ever struggle.

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornMM
ok Bell. No controversy. Williams is Heisman front runner. He won’t ever struggle.
Nobody said Heisman frontrunner? He is a true freshman that stepped in and was pretty nails on the biggest stage to date for him though. Relax the sun will still come up tomorrow. Not sure why you're wanting to argue about that? It's almost like you're wanting me to not own up to my prediction for Rattler but I already have? maybe that aggravates you?

Reactions: CakesMcGee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT