ADVERTISEMENT

Official Noble and Virtuous Scholar Athletes vs. Dirt Burglars Game Thread...

It think he is good and definitely provided a needed spark for that game. I would argue that he had things fall the right way for him, he threw several 50/50 balls which your guys game down with, fumbled a snap only for it to bounce right back to him, and was able to score on a worn out Texas defense who was on the field for most of the game. If one of those passes gets picked off and he loses the snap and doesn't get the advantage of a running game going against a poor defensive effort, he won't look so shiny. I get what your saying and that he is probably the better option at this point but he can be the worse option as well. We don't know yet.

To be fair, CW had something to do with the poor defensive effort and he really only threw two 50/50 balls both to the best receiver on the team. One of which he threw behind and was very lucky that UT's DB fell down and Mims was able to come back for it. He stepped into the other one and threw it right where it needed to be so that Mims was the only one who could catch it, he made a great catch and scored. He completed 14 other passes out of 23 then ran for 88 yards and a TD.

That said, you're definitely right about him having luck on his side for that one. Dude could do no wrong even when he dropped snaps. He'll have to maintain that and eliminate some of the easy mistakes (like fumbling snaps) but there's no doubt he's the better option at this point. He has a better arm, better mobility with an O-line that needs that in it's QB at this point, isn't afraid of his shadow, is a much better runner, much more natural at reading the zone/read, and has whatever element that gets the team rallying around him. This team isn't sniffing the playoffs with Rattler.

It think he is good and definitely provided a needed spark for that game. I would argue that he had things fall the right way for him, he threw several 50/50 balls which your guys game down with, fumbled a snap only for it to bounce right back to him, and was able to score on a worn out Texas defense who was on the field for most of the game. If one of those passes gets picked off and he loses the snap and doesn't get the advantage of a running game going against a poor defensive effort, he won't look so shiny. I get what your saying and that he is probably the better option at this point but he can be the worse option as well. We don't know yet.
CW looked pretty good last night

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT