ADVERTISEMENT

Official RRR thread

I've been catching a lot of your games so far, as Louisville's games have often been kicking off at a different time. You guys look so much like we did back in Charlie's second year, when Bridgewater was a freshman, and we were starting freshmen and sophomores seemingly everywhere.

This year's going to be rough (we went 7-6 against an easier schedule than you guys are playing). But 2016 and 2017 are going to be A LOT of fun.

Hang in there, Horns. Congrats on the big win today.

Thanks, PushupMan.

I think some of your fellow fans were also ready to send him packing when UL was sitting at 2-4 during his second season. What a dumb move that would have been. Hopefully we have adults running the athletics program now just as you did then.

The better team...lmao. Yeah Texas dominated both lines of scrimmage, stats, every phase of the game yet ou is the better team.

Your act is old. Ou has played a fraudulent schedule and has 3-4 losses left in them including osu.

Reactions: Scholz and blh111
Thanks, PushupMan.

I think some of your fellow fans were also ready to send him packing when UL was sitting at 2-4 during his second season. What a dumb move that would have been. Hopefully we have adults running the athletics program now just as you did then.

Yes, we had a few who were unhappy, especially losing to FIU and Marshall on our home field. Just like he did for you today, Charlie knew which game mattered the most to the fan base, and he came through with the big upset win against our hated arch rival, Kentucky. He was golden after that, and the next two games against UK were pretty lopsided in our favor.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Key words being "before the game". All is I know is that we punked OU and we are the better team.
So now all of the sudden Texas is the better team? lol They played better and with more emotion TODAY. The week before they got killed by TCU and will probably suffer the same fate to Baylor and others.

So now all of the sudden Texas is the better team? lol They played better and with more emotion TODAY. The week before they got killed by TCU and will probably suffer the same fate to Baylor and others.

Yes, beating you equates to us being better...it's not as of OU has proven, they deserved to be ranked that high. Don't worry about what happened to Texas last week and get off TCU nuts. Texas punked OU, because we are the better team. Deal with it chump.

Yes, beating you equates to us being better...it's not as of OU has proven, they deserved to be ranked that high. Don't worry about what happened to Texas last week and get off TCU nuts. Texas punked OU, because we are the better team. Deal with it chump.
You lost to Oklahoma State, Cal, and got killed by ND and TCU. I wouldn't call you the better team.

You lost to Oklahoma State, Cal, and got killed by ND and TCU. I wouldn't call you the better team.

And you have yet to beat anyone, that would prove you are better than Texas. So yes, beating your ass, proves that we are better than you. Hence you gobbling the nuts of teams, that did what OU could not. The schedule just got real for OU. Texas punked you clowns...denial is the first stage for you. No more Heisman talk for Mayfield, that Texas defense wrecked shop. Heard and Foreman also wrecked shop.

"Sorry if you can't handle reality"

Haha! Now who said that BEFORE the game.

Last edited:
Predict all you want. We kicked your ass today. And your tears taste delicious. :D

I think it is pretty well accepted, even by most Longhorn fans before the game, that OU has the better team. Texas played with a lot more emotion right from the start and we couldn't match it. OU always manages to come into at least one game in which they are heavily favored and loses it. We have done it for 3 years in a row in the RRR and I have no explanation. All I know is that I bet Texas loses several more games this year.

Its an interesting question.. which starting 22 has more talent. With heard at QB, I think it's pretty equal. I think TX finally put together 60 good minutes today, and they proved they might have a slight edge. Neither team made a lot of obvious mistakes, so that gives more importance to stats like total yardage, and of course the final score.

24-17 is a close game though. I think the teams are pretty equal.

CQ-wSeTUwAAt6Zc.jpg

There's a new sheriff in town.

Hook 'em

Its an interesting question.. which starting 22 has more talent. With heard at QB, I think it's pretty equal. I think TX finally put together 60 good minutes today, and they proved they might have a slight edge. Neither team made a lot of obvious mistakes, so that gives more importance to stats like total yardage, and of course the final score.

Other than the fact we drove to th 2 yard line to end the game. 24-17 could have been 31-17 if we had needed to take a snap. We didn't.

Reactions: blh111

We made a big obvious mistake on the kickoff that costs us a touchdown.

Do you realize you got blown out twice this season already? I'm predicting 3 more losses for you...kstate, Tech, and Baylor.

I don't think so.

This team has been looking for an identity, and something to give them momentum, now they have it. Now Strong can stamp this and they can carry it forward.

They still might lose a game or two, but they are gaining confidence and everyone should fear this team once they get confidence.

I don't think so.

This team has been looking for an identity, and something to give them momentum, now they have it. Now Strong can stamp this and they can carry it forward.

They still might lose a game or two, but they are gaining confidence and everyone should fear this team once they get confidence.
You played well defensively but I still don't know what your identity is on offense. Seems like your best play is the QB scramble. You have no passing game

Honestly, this was the first time I've watched ou this year and I thought Mayfield was pretty good. There were numerous times their receivers dropped balls that hit them in their hands we had him scrambling around most of the game. The dude took some hits as well. If this is the way he normally is, I would have taken him with arms wide open.

Our QB future looks really really good finally. Swoopes seems like one helluva good guy in his interviews & I hope nothing but the best for him moving forward but Heard looks like the 2nd coming of UT football Jesus. I can't wait for the passing game to develop. When we have a more balanced attack it's gonna be game over. 1 more year folks....1 more year.

You played well defensively but I still don't know what your identity is on offense. Seems like your best play is the QB scramble. You have no passing game

You are on here 24/7 about our team. What's our identity? You saw the beginning of an identity today. D'Onta Foreman and Jerrod Heard will give us a formidable running for the rest of the year and the foreseeable future. If you weren't so busy typing on this board every 11 seconds and actually watched the game you would have noticed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scholz
Put Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton together and that is how dumb many of our players are right now. And thats pretty dumb. We can't overcome stupidity, lack of emotion, and a terrible offensive line. Knowing OU, we will probably have 2 losses and get blasted in a bowl game. How we can go into the RRR two years in a row, have the better team, and come out flat is beyond me. Stoops apparently does an awful job getting the kids ready to play in games like this. Extremely disappointing

Well coming from a guy who used to have a Barney Fife avatar I'm sure Jesse, Al, and your fb team are laughing as they read this.

All i hear is excuses.....blame blame blame sucks to be on the other side huh? Especially thinking you had a heisman type qb and thought you could win the big 12 and didn't listen to us. Haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT