**Official TEXAS vs The fightin' Anderson Coopers thread of Robber Barons**

Just curious. Before the season started did anyone on here believe we’d go 12-0? Be honest. I think most everyone picked us at 2 losses, maybe a few 1 loss outliers. We’re still on track for all of your projections. Believe!!!

By the way I’m going into fan counseling. Taking appointments now.

I also hate to see a QB get rewarded for a roughing the passer after he just threw the most God awful pick 6. I’m not excusing the play by Broughton but it’s hard to slow down a Mack truck. The throw was already gone by the time he got hit. That was a huge call. I guess the penalty Gods were returning the favor after last week?? Lol!
I don’t fault him for hitting him. I fault him for lowering his head and hitting him with the crown of the helmet. If he doesn’t do that, it wouldn’t have been a penalty. All you have to do is at least look like you’re trying to pull up.

WHO TF ON THIS COACHING STAFF IS GOING TO GET TF IN THIS OLINE’S ASS AND MAKE THEM FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET FVCKING NASTY?!?!?!?!?!

YOU RUN THE GD BALL ON THESE FVCKS!!!!!!!
Lemme into practice to be the ass chewer. I can channel my former DI’s. I’ve been a Marine Corps platoon Sgt, a police patrol Sgt, and raised two kids (who aren’t ****ups). I’ve made grown ass men cry. Trust me when I say that I’ve got the experience.

Last edited:
I don’t know if I can watch another game with Quinn at QB. His body language and lazy sidearm throws piss me off. He has the worst balance I’ve ever seen, he trips over his own fking feet if anyone breathes on him.

Just curious. Before the season started did anyone on here believe we’d go 12-0? Be honest. I think most everyone picked us at 2 losses, maybe a few 1 loss outliers. We’re still on track for all of your projections. Believe!!!

By the way I’m going into fan counseling. Taking appointments now.
With our talent and experience, yes!

2. Losses is a disaster.

Reactions: utexfan5
We have no running game, especially with a pure pocket passer QB like QE.

Georgia gave everyone the blueprint to defeat our current offense
I wouldn’t say we have “no” running game. We ended with 104 years and some good runs called back on holding. Once again, penalties killed us. If our RBs can get past the line they do pretty good…. as long as the run doesn’t get called back because of holding.

Meanwhile, someone else is keeping their attention to us with over 200 comments:

@Oldmanastro I like you but it's beneath a Texas longhorn to read an aggie message board. Besides the misspellings, incomplete sentences, and bad grammar well hurt your eyesight and you'll end up needing glasses.
Stop it.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I was out of town and had no access to the game. Hopefully I'll get to watch the whole game later on. That said

When Ewers was hitting 17 in a row we showed how much better we were. Statistically we dominated. Our defense played good but they gave away the last td. If we played with focus this game wouldn't have been close. Did we take them lightly.

Positives hey we beat a ranked team I'll take it. I hope Vanderbilt played good enough to say ranked. I knew our schedule was weak but this only ranked team we've beaten so far. We need for Vandy to stay ranked.

And from what I saw today Vanderbilt has more heart than LSU.

Let's kick ass during bye week we've never lost those games.

@Oldmanastro I like you but it's beneath a Texas longhorn to read an aggie message board. Besides the misspellings, incomplete sentences, and bad grammar well hurt your eyesight and you'll end up needing glasses.
Stop it.
Oh, like they say, “For entertainment purposes only”. Misspelling, incomplete sentences, and bad grammar. Good one, that made me chuckle.

Listen, yesterday game pissed me off too. I was cussing up a storm at the tv. We were our own worst enemy, well, besides the sh1tty zebra calls. I guess our frustrations are higher this year because the expectations were higher than last year. Remember that last year’s mantra was “Survive and move on?” Now it seems like if we don’t win by 20, it’s get the pitchforks out and run this coaching staff and QB out of town.
We all need to just enjoy the spot we’re in. We would all trade our left nut for this spot for what we had 10 years ago.

Reactions: westx and Drtxhorn
Oh, like they say, “For entertainment purposes only”. Misspelling, incomplete sentences, and bad grammar. Good one, that made me chuckle.

Listen, yesterday game pissed me off too. I was cussing up a storm at the tv. We were our own worst enemy, well, besides the sh1tty zebra calls. I guess our frustrations are higher this year because the expectations were higher than last year. Remember that last year’s mantra was “Survive and move on?” Now it seems like if we don’t win by 20, it’s get the pitchforks out and run this coaching staff and QB out of town.
We all need to just enjoy the spot we’re in. We would all trade our left nut for this spot for what we had 10 years ago.
Totally get where you're coming from. And yes- "survive" was my mantra last year. I posted that tropic thunder meme more times in here thatn it's probably ever been posted on Twitter.

BUT----- and here's where the but comes in-- we don't seem to have improved THAT much. And that's what gets you to the top. Improvement. Cool. Win all 15-16 games by 3 points and you're the national champs. I get it. I'll take it.
But right now- playing like we are playing, I'm not seeing a vast improvement over last year. Now, I'll grant you, Jaw Jaw is down, Bama is down, Ohio st is down. Meatchicken is WAY down. But you know who HAS improved?
Oregon has improved.
Aggy has improved.
BYU has improved.
Notre Dame has improved since game 2.
Miami has REALLY improved.
I expected to see us make similar strides and it just looks like we aren't. Oh, our defense is good. Really, really good. And but for a couple of injuries- we may be looking at a top 10 all time Texas program history style defense. And that's good enough to win a title.

But offensively, I'm not seeing it. Yes, I know, we lost out best running back. We've got banged up WRs. But welcome to football.
We need to start showing improvement on our offensive line. We need Ewers to stop making stupid gunslinger side arm throws. We need our play calling to stop being predictable in the 2nd quarter.
We should be getting better. But it doesn't look or feel like we are.

Totally get where you're coming from. And yes- "survive" was my mantra last year. I posted that tropic thunder meme more times in here thatn it's probably ever been posted on Twitter.

BUT----- and here's where the but comes in-- we don't seem to have improved THAT much. And that's what gets you to the top. Improvement. Cool. Win all 15-16 games by 3 points and you're the national champs. I get it. I'll take it.
But right now- playing like we are playing, I'm not seeing a vast improvement over last year. Now, I'll grant you, Jaw Jaw is down, Bama is down, Ohio st is down. Meatchicken is WAY down. But you know who HAS improved?
Oregon has improved.
Aggy has improved.
BYU has improved.
Notre Dame has improved since game 2.
Miami has REALLY improved.
I expected to see us make similar strides and it just looks like we aren't. Oh, our defense is good. Really, really good. And but for a couple of injuries- we may be looking at a top 10 all time Texas program history style defense. And that's good enough to win a title.

But offensively, I'm not seeing it. Yes, I know, we lost out best running back. We've got banged up WRs. But welcome to football.
We need to start showing improvement on our offensive line. We need Ewers to stop making stupid gunslinger side arm throws. We need our play calling to stop being predictable in the 2nd quarter.
We should be getting better. But it doesn't look or feel like we are.
Random thoughts by Jack Handy.:

Texas fans in denial about the SEC being a tougher conference are getting a dose of reality. Mind boggling. That is THE biggest paradigm for being unhappy with a 7-1 record. (I am not saying you, Clob, but just in general.)

I saw on X, where Texas had 106 yards on the ground last night. Well, Bama had 271 yds, Oregon had 229 yds, Miami had 230 yds on the ground. The #4 team in the country, tOSU had less that 100 and squeaked by Nebraska with less points than Texas. We aren't so much different, imo.

Miami should have 2 losses, full stop. Va Tech and Cal were robbed. You are right that they have improved, but it is worth mentioning. (We are vastly improved as well on defense and even on offense somewhat compared to last year. We just have better competition this year that has nullified some of that improvement.

Quinn isn't perfect, but we are 7-1. I have been wondering lately about the helmet communication. Shouldn't Sark be communicating to him that he is missing his downfield opportunities? According to Quinn bashers, it happens every damn play.

#6 Texas

“Quinn Ewers is trying to get back in the groove of things and did throw for 288 yards and three touchdowns. However, the Texas QB threw two picks.

Still, the Longhorns got the win to improve to 7-1 against a solid Vanderbilt team, but it was dicey in the end. The Longhorns should be favored in its next three games after a bye, but the season finale against Texas A&M has game of the year potential.“

From ON3, week 9 Coaches Poll.

“I can already tell you that it will be Quinn Ewers starting for Texas against the Florida Gators in two weeks, but that doesn't mean he will finish the season with that honor. The point is the Longhorns cannot afford to have games like this that produced six points in the second half on five possessions.”

Outkick

#6 Texas

“Quinn Ewers is trying to get back in the groove of things and did throw for 288 yards and three touchdowns. However, the Texas QB threw two picks.

Still, the Longhorns got the win to improve to 7-1 against a solid Vanderbilt team, but it was dicey in the end. The Longhorns should be favored in its next three games after a bye, but the season finale against Texas A&M has game of the year potential.“

From ON3, week 9 Coaches Poll.
To be fair, the picks were both off deflection.

“I can already tell you that it will be Quinn Ewers starting for Texas against the Florida Gators in two weeks, but that doesn't mean he will finish the season with that honor. The point is the Longhorns cannot afford to have games like this that produced six points in the second half on five possessions.”

Outkick
Hawgs are going to whip our asses unless the Mighty Quinn gets his groove back