ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma forcing out Boren

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
The rumors are, Boren will announce he is stepping down today as Prez, but I'm hearing the BOR are forcing him out because he continues to fight for OU to stay in the big 12, but BOR wants OU to move to the big 10.

If OU leaves they must take Okie lite with them.

Too much fun burning couches and smoking meth while in columbus?

If ou and pokie leave, I am for locking them completely out of playing any games in Texas.... Brilliant!

Last edited:
Me no likey. Go west & i'll be in bed before halftime. Go far east and kill non-revenue sports. Go south east and get involved with little brother drama again. Go north and.....too damn cold but we would get to piss off nebraska again. Independant...no thanks.
Ugh.....here we go again. Somehow LHN will get blamed for it. We all see how much of an unfair advantage it has given our fb team since its inception.

Reactions: diadevic
If OU and Ok state moved to the big 10 they'd suffer the same fate as Nebraska. Irelevency.

If that happened the big 12 would basically be over. Where does Texas go? ACC?

The rumors are, Boren will announce he is stepping down today as Prez, but I'm hearing the BOR are forcing him out because he continues to fight for OU to stay in the big 12, but BOR wants OU to move to the big 10.

So if Boren leaves does that mean that Baylor is free to rape and pillage
since no one will be there to monitor their activity? Just asking

If OU and Ok state moved to the big 10 they'd suffer the same fate as Nebraska. Irelevency.

If that happened the big 12 would basically be over. Where does Texas go? ACC?

I would say go to PAC but anywhere we go we will lose influence. We will need to move with like minded members anywhere we go. IMO, this may be why Big Game retired so that this could be brokered. This is a powerplay to make Texas join the B1g.

Last edited:
When the Big 12 is blown up, Baylor is going to be left out in the cold and not in a P-5 conference.
This is more true than you know. Big 5 will punish baylol and leave them out in the cold. Anne Richards isn't here to save baylol from the scrap heap this time.

Reactions: freeper
The only catch here is if this is a smoke screen from ou. Everyone I've spoken to say that he's "stepping down" due to health issues but in reality he's being forced out. If the announcement is anything OTHER than this, it will constitute the greatest false narrative I've seen in OU admin history. It's hard to believe gooner could be this organized to pull off this level of deception, but if they do, I'll have to tip my cap to them.

But all signs and ppl in the know say he's gone.

We wouldn't think of joining the Sec Sec Sec right?
We would only do that if aggy were booted. We would need a simple majority to vote aggy out, 7 votes, aggy gets no vote in the matter, and we would need 10 votes to invite us in.

I personally hope the Big 12 and OU stay put

I agree, for now anyway.

There will be big, big changes in the next 15-20 years.
I've always thought 4 super conferences 16 teams each & 2 divisions in each conference.

If the whole conference shuffle thing is gonna start again Texas really needs to get its long term AD in place fairly soon.

So if Boren leaves does that mean that Baylor is free to rape and pillage
since no one will be there to monitor their activity? Just asking
Someone is obsessed. Anyone with a critical eye could figure out that OU has quietly driven out Stoops and Boren for their part in glorifying, and playing, women beaters like Mixon and Westbrook. I give the Okies credit - they know how to lock arms, chant nothing to see here, and keep their dirt in house.

Someone is obsessed. Anyone with a critical eye could figure out that OU has quietly driven out Stoops and Boren for their part in glorifying, and playing, women beaters like Mixon and Westbrook. I give the Okies credit - they know how to lock arms, chant nothing to see here, and keep their dirt in house.
You gotta know how to play the game. Covering it up and putting your head in the sand is no way to handle your business. I'm just trying to get under your skin. If you've noticed I haven't given you much hell considering Mayfield may use your team to pad his stats:)

You gotta know how to play the game. I'm just trying to get under your skin. If you've noticed I haven't much hell considering Mayfield may use your team to pad his stats:)
Bell I'm already down for OU -27.5. Gotta pay for Christmas.

;)

This is so wrong, but what should I expect from a bunch on horns? :)

Boren is 76 years old and his health hasn't been good for the last couple of years. The OU BOR isn't forcing him out, just as no one forced Bob out, but what the heck have your fun.

And, there no rules that require OU to take osu with them if there wanted to go elsewhere.

What kind of high do you all get from doing this stuff? Do you really take yourselves seriously?:)

Thanks for the laugh.

Not sure if you guys realize how significant
i know exactly how significant this is. He tried to big dog the confeence for 2 years to expand and when it came time he backed out. he did everything he could to cause the big 12 to collapse. called it psychologically disadvantaged and even went so far as to throw out feelers he knew would leak.

I don't know if something or someone forced Boren out. Something is up with the stoops retirement though. Coaches don't generally retire 2 months before the season starts.

;)

This is so wrong, but what should I expect from a bunch on horns? :)

Boren is 76 years old and his health hasn't been good for the last couple of years. The OU BOR isn't forcing him out, just as no one forced Bob out, but what the heck have your fun.

And, there no rules that require OU to take osu with them if there wanted to go elsewhere.

What kind of high do you all get from doing this stuff? Do you really take yourselves seriously?:)

Thanks for the laugh.
So you're saying that Bob and Boren leaving within a few months of each other is just a coincidence?

Did you also find it just a coincidence that 9 months after you boned your sister she had a kid with 12 fingers? Coincidence right?

Use your head for something other than a hat rack and realize that this is a significant matter.

With regards to OU and osu, you really think the state elected officials are going to allow one school to go to greener pastures and leave the other one behind to rot?

ADVERTISEMENT