ADVERTISEMENT

Orangebloods' Careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by RabidHornsFan:
Where was that shot taken?

oh be joyful creek out of crested butte in mid-may. it's a class V set, and i wasn't fully prepared for it. in other words, i ate it a few times and was lucky not to come out of there dead. in the following shot, i was upside down caught in that hydraulic. ohhhhhhhhh, not pretty! i hope to practice more and run it again.

in lake city (a town close by where i worked), we were snowboarding off of engineer/cinnamon pass (about 11000 feet) in mid-june, then hiking back up. the hiking sucked, but the seconds of bliss were well worth it.

i hope to come to utah sometime...never been. leave your email, mine is shamalama1@hotmail.com, and maybe when i get there, i'll buy you a beer.

hook 'em
rocky

great frickin thread

i'm an IT Manager for a dept at UT.

very jealous of some of the other careers here

Small business owner in south Texas. D Baker, how do I get in touch w/ you?

hornfan, would that be administaff? or some larger company, i believe i know someone high up at administaff, ill think of it eventually.

bleedin orange, my dad used to work for hoechst celanese in Houston. I guess he worked for celanese too before hoechst became involved, now hes with Koch. Harry Snodgrass, just thought i would take a shot on you knowing him.

Originally posted by dbaker1980:
How do you get that job and what is the money like??

dbaker, I found the job on Craig's List about a month ago, and got hired immediately. The pay is terrible, and the hours are ridiculous (we started 14 hour days yesterday and will keep them up until the game is submitted for publishing, probably in a couple weeks), but I'm hoping that I can parlay it into a real career in the industry. It's not as glamorous as it sounds, but it's an awesome atmosphere.

And by the way, I don't work for EA, but I am testing a game by the same guys who made Halo.

Run the Austin office of a small(3-5 million a year) construction company(Subdivision/site-work).

Very cool - I never went beyond Class IV myself (kids, too much responsibility, etc.) Never made it to Crested Butte but a few of my compadres hiked over the pass from Aspen and got there. Heard it was another great spot... of which there are many in Colorado.

I really liked the Aspen scene. Several of us would fill the J-Bar at the Hotel Jerome for every game not on standard cable - standing room only.

RHF

financial consultant for a family owned financial planning firm in deep south texas.

we're small, but we have 50 million in assets and growing. been around 30 years (dad's prez).

Hook 'em

Copywriter/Editor and current deadbeat, since I got laid off two weeks ago within 10 minutes of returning to the office after a week off from vacation.

A little plea here: anyone who might have agency connections or know of any Sr. Copywriter positions (hell, who am I kidding, creative work of any kind), help a brutha out and shoot me an e-mail at keggerb04@hotmail.com. Trust me, it would be greatly appreciated.

After spending 10 years in the corporate world I am currently a missionary through Denton Bible Church in Mexico with my wife and three children. Don't have the opportunity to watch many games but I'm a faithful listener over Yahoo. Hook 'em.

Longtime Listener/First-time Caller

Work as a Technology Practice Director for a software company in Dallas. Recently moved from Colorado.

Also own a credit consulting company working primarily with residential mortgage companies.

Originally posted by randym@UT:
I work for IRS Appeals in Austin.

Randy--

Bastard

Seriously, thanks for your service. My dad was in saigon in '69. Was suppose to be a signal officer in the field but found a desk job b/c he was one of the few guys that could program computers back then. Still even he has shitty stories.

and by the way hedge fund manager (very small) in enregy commodities.
This post was edited on 8/19 12:26 AM by poston78if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I'm incarcerated in the State Penitentiary. But I have a good job in the laundry. I use my business degree from UT to help me barter cigarettes for toothpaste and to bribe my cellmate Jack "The Knife" Koff to not molest me at night. Hope to meet everybody in 10 to 20.

In my outside life I sold computers (before Dell), owned a construction company, and was a personal trainer(no steroids).

Operations Engineer - oilfield - West Texas
I'm currently in France for a month of training...2 weeks down, 2 to go.

Sophomore at the University of Texas studying finance and spanish.
This post was edited on 8/19 2:55 AM by Texas_Fight714if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

personal trainer/nutrition counselor/gym manager.i feel like i let my family & the longhorn nation down cuz i don't make much money.i got a B.B.A. in a year when UT undergrad bus. ranked #4 in the nation.i try to be a good longhorn dad though.i took my daughter to the rose bowl last year when i couldn't afford it.HOOK EM!
oh ya,& if UT makes it to the RB in 06,you'll see us there again!
This post was edited on 8/19 4:51 AM by wachornif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Financial Advisor in East Texas. Got a BBA in Finance and Accounting from UT in 1976. After 8 years of working as a CPA, I became a financial advisor 19 years ago, started with Edward Jones and have been independent since 1989.

CIO of a National Laboratory. IT development team in Dallas, always hiring talented people. In fact have hired 8-10 from Hornfans....

Graduated from UT in MIS (Class of 2000) and now a Systems Analyst for an energy company in Houston.

Originally posted by utx:
Knightfd-Do you know Kevin Cohen,he is my cousin and he does the same thing for Lloyds of London. He lives in River Oaks in Houston?--utx

utx -- sorry, I just got on this morning and didn't see your post. I don't know Kevin. I graduated from UT law in 2003, and recently started at a mid-sized admiralty firm in Houston after working for two years at a very small maritime firm in Houston. Most of the underwriters I have dealt with are either Houston, New Orleans, or New York based. I've only had a couple of cases where I've dealt with Lloyds, and they were always as excess carriers.

Maritime work is great work if you can get it. Sounds like your cousin is doing very well for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT