ADVERTISEMENT

Orangebloods' Careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latex salesman, Vandelay Industries

utx,

Please shoot me an email when you get some time: lathammh@hotmail.com

As I stated earlier on this thread, I am an MBA student at the University of Chicago and my goal is to do buyside research (equity or high yield) post-school, preferably in Texas. Maybe you could point me in the right direction as opportunities are pretty limited in this part of the country. I'm trying to bypass Chicago/East Coast/West Coast, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Advertising in Austin.
This post was edited on 8/18 8:03 PM by Brandon Tif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Originally posted by greggym:
ellie, it might be possible that your girls might be interested in older men...we can arrange a marriage so your daughters will never have to date.That would probably make your husband happy...

Im sure that my nephews would be willing to fight all "suitors" for your daughters hands...

btw, my older nephew has already informed me that he is going to be the first Jewish president.Of course, his favorite uncle is going to make sure that he is a "red" one but either way, its a free place to stay in DC...my younger nephew just hugs me when he sees me so I have no idea what he wants to be yet... /images/smilies/3dgrin.gif

the kid has my vote!

my husband keeps telling our oldest (who is not yet 4), "it is your destiny to become the first female chief of the federal reserve. Repeat after me, Alan Greenspan, Alan Greenspan, Alan Greenspan."

Our ambitions for the youngest are a bit more modest, we are still holding out hope that she will either be the next Michelle Wie or a Supreme Court justice. My husband prefers the SC and I side with the golf thing!

17 years in the Oil & Gas Production Industry traveling the world. 4 years with MCI/WorldCom. 2 years with AboveNet in the fiber optic biz. Technical Sales www.above.net Houston

this is a really cool thread to read. thanks, DMAK.

graduated college in 2002. during the first few summers in college, i was a biologist for leatherback sea turtles in costa rica. living out of my tent for the summers. that last two summers of college i was a whitewater rafting guide in colorado...once again living out of my tent for those summers except in the mountains.

after graduating i got married to a beautiful woman i fell in love with in greece. i worked as a microbiologist studying the rabies virus and doing vaccination drops in dual-prop planes above big bend national park once a year.

got exposed to the virus while disecting a positive brain sample and decided that my job lacked the human component.

decided i wanted to be a doctor. went to UT to finish my pre-requisites and now work in a pediatrics office in town. i'm applying this summer for matriculation in 2006.

hook 'em

Former radio-newsman-turned-managing-editor (of 'National Fisherman' magazine), current owner of small web-services company in coastal Maine. Design fonts on the side—among them, Texas Hero™.

Also owner of www.OUsucks.com (where we're about to release a cool new line of T-shirts).

CaliHORNia: my daughter has an astonishing talent for TV-writing, has authored a number of spec scripts—but has no connections. Wanna read her stuff? She's in Taiwan at the moment but would move to LA in a heartbeat if it meant working with a team of television writers.

(If the writing-for-TV thing fails, she'll likely settle for law school.)

Hook 'em.

Currently a student who's planning to go to law school in the next year and a half or so.

Criminal law is what I want to do, but I'm not going to choose anything until I get through law school and will figure it out from there.

I sell video games to some of the retailers that other people on this thread work for. Please make sure we get paid.

Attorney in Houston. Specialize in employment, maritime, workers' compensation defense.

And I work at the same firm as two other Orangebloods.

Originally posted by Gardner Barnes:
part time preschool teacher and full time corporate sensitivity consultant.

hysterical. nicely done Gardner.

I am an Assistant Principal at an elementary school in Houston (Cy-Fair I.S.D.).

shamalama- i was very close to becoming a whitewater guide in colorade. i had spent a season in vail after i graduated in '01, but at the last minute packed up to pursue opportunities in Texas.

Originally posted by TX1Plank:
shamalama- i was very close to becoming a whitewater
guide in colorade. i had spent a season in vail after i graduated in
'01, but at the last minute packed up to pursue opportunities in Texas.

not to dog on texas...but why did you leave colorado? i'm actually trying to end up back there. must have been a really good job!

when you say "season," was it the ski season or the summer season?

i went back last summer with my wife to show her some of my favorite places and to kayak with some old buddies. it's an amazing place and i miss it. we now live in a home without central a/c, and some really poor window units. that cold river h2o would be damn gratifying right now!

hook 'em

This thread is great- mostly because I had become convinced that the majority of the board was 15, it’s nice to know there are lots of professionals on OB -most of whom lurk judging by post counts.

I'm a graduate student in theology (SMU) and a substitute teacher.

dbaker1980- I reckon you know my dad or his company Pension Group Southwest.

Originally posted by RabidHornsFan:
General Manager of a ski resort in Utah working for a well-known actor and director
Hey Rabid, drop me an email at akakhorn@gmail.com ... I'm about to move back to SLC and will be living withing walking distnace to the shuttle up Big Cottonwood Canyon.

Hook 'Em

I think it's safe to say that if any of us ever have legal questions, we've got a community of lawyers that are sure to have the answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT