Orangebloods staff predictions

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Alex Dunlap (2-0)

The Texas football team can't lull themselves into a sense of cockiness going up against an opponent like UTSA, but I can. Jeff Traylor has been acting like someone kicked his dog because he knows better than anyone this is not going to be fun.

Texas 63 - UTSA 7

Travis Galey (2-0)

The Longhorns have shown a propensity to have letdown games against inferior opponents in the past (see Wyoming and Houston from last year). That's not going to happen again.

UTSA's quarterbacks (Owen McCown and Eddie Lee Marburger) just aren't capable of leading sustained scoring drives against this defense. Trey Moore comes up with three sacks against his old teammates.

TEXAS 52 - UTSA 3

Geoff Ketchum (2-0)

My lede in the post-game article needs to read, "Texas is damn good at football" and that needs to cover the full gamot of 4 quarters. I expect it will happen.

Texas 65 - UTSA 0

Anwar Richardson (2-0)

UTSA is bad in just about every meaningful category. Just take a look at this.

1726240858905.png

The only thing worse than the beatdown that is about to occur on Saturday is that UTSA must sit in traffic on I-35 and Loop 1604 on the way back to campus after the loss.

Texas 51 - UTSA 6

Jason Suchomel (2-0)

This feels like a game where Texas can pretty much name the score. The Longhorns dominate from start to finish but Steve Sarkisian shows some mercy to the in-state program and calls off the attack pretty early. Even with that mentality, Texas covers the spread and wins easily.

Texas 52 – UTSA 10

Quarter (2-0)

1726240964358.png

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.