ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cancelled camps in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting strategy from LSU. Don't come in my state and recruit our kids but l can come into Texas and recruit.

19 players from Texas on his roster.

Well yeah recruiting isn't fair. It's a great strategy if you have the clout to do it. LSU is probably one of the only schools that can do it. Elite talent pool and a monopoly on college football in their state. Other states are too diverse with programs (that often hate each other) to pull it off.

Reactions: StainedOrange
Well yeah recruiting isn't fair. It's a great strategy if you have the clout to do it. LSU is probably one of the only schools that can do it. Elite talent pool and a monopoly on college football in their state. Other states are too diverse with programs (that often hate each other) to pull it off.
Great point.

I would love Herman to put his Mensa brain to work and pull one over LSU.

He better get his Mensa brain getting these guys ready for Maryland, their not gonna be a gimmee game

Hook'em

We learned the past 3 years no games are gimme games thanks to Mr. Strong. I believe we have our coach FBH I truly do and if I'm wrong I'll definitely be here to hear it from you. Will we go undefeated the first year? No. But will we be better than 5-7? Yes.

Reactions: LonghornMM
We learned the past 3 years no games are gimme games thanks to Mr. Strong. I believe we have our coach FBH I truly do and if I'm wrong I'll definitely be here to hear it from you. Will we go undefeated the first year? No. But will we be better than 5-7? Yes.

There is nothing wrong with going 5-7 if you are losing with good kids and by all accounts, that's what Charlie was doing, so, he did have that going for him. I think BLH and Lepar_horn often confused Strong with being a good coach and therefore defended him vehemently, regardless, simply because he was a nice guy. At least that's my guess? No, good guy, bad coach.

Last edited:

I see your point, but think about the other kids like the 2 star and 3 star kids that could of been seen by other schools such as Houston that could get a shot to play college ball somewhere and that aren't high profile enough to get that letter from lsu.

I see your point, but think about the other kids like the 2 star and 3 star kids that could of been seen by other schools such as Houston that could get a shot to play college ball somewhere and that aren't high profile enough to get that letter from lsu.

LSU doesn't give a rats ass about those guys. Apparently!

It will probably go like CS 1st 2 yrs went, could not get no worst

Hook'em

LSU blocking all three camps Texas was going to attend. Texas just needs to hold off and do a last minute surprise like they did in Houston when tOSU rolled into town. LSU thinks they're protecting their claim to instate products, this isn't helping anybody and it's bullshit to say the least.

Reactions: dcervantesjr
It will probably go like CS 1st 2 yrs went, could not get no worst

Hook'em
What do you mean? Give games away due to poor management? (I doubt that happens with this staff) Never get off the plane in Ames, Iowa? (I highly doubt that happens with this staff!) Chuck wasn't prepared for Texas, the program consumed him...

The stories I've heard about how unorganized the former staff was behind the scenes is rather embarrassing!

There is nothing wrong with going 5-7 if you are losing with good kids and by all accounts, that's what Charlie was doing, so, he did have that going for him. I think BLH and Lepar_horn often confused Strong with being a good coach and therefore defended him vehemently, regardless, simply because he was a nice guy. At least that's my guess? No, good guy, bad coach.
Not bad at all bell! After spending 2 seasons cleaning up Macks shit he left

Hook'em

What do you mean? Give games away due to poor management? (I doubt that happens with this staff) Never get off the plane in Ames, Iowa? (I highly doubt that happens with this staff!) Chuck wasn't prepared for Texas, the program consumed him...

The stories I've heard about how unorganized the former staff was behind the scenes is rather embarrassing!
He was a victim of MB's shit, MB left our FB team in shattered shit cause he just quit , ask Stoops, he made All American the next 4 yrs with the 18 wheeler play..Stoops was what Mack was gonna start at UT his last yr, I heard the stories too but, you really oughta tell more than what you share here,they just quit in Ames, would not have mattered if 50 coaches was on the sideline or Saban, the whole team layed it down, I liked CS but he should have never been considered to be coach at Texas

Hook'em

Hook'em

He was a victim of MB's shit, MB left our FB team in shattered shit cause he just quit , ask Stoops, he made All American the next 4 yrs with the 18 wheeler play..Stoops was what Mack was gonna start at UT his last yr, I heard the stories too but, you really oughta tell more than what you share here,they just quit in Ames, would not have mattered if 50 coaches was on the sideline or Saban, the whole team layed it down, I liked CS but he should have never been considered to be coach at Texas

Hook'em

Hook'em
FBHorn, Mack still loves you even though you don't like him. Don't forget that even though Mack probably stayed a couple years too long, he's probably headed for the Hall of Fame so he couldn't be all that bad. Strong and College Hall of Fame will probably never be used in the same sentence.

Reactions: Bwilk55
FBHorn, Mack still loves you even though you don't like him. Don't forget that even though Mack probably stayed a couple years too long, he's probably headed for the Hall of Fame so he couldn't be all that bad. Strong and College Hall of Fame will probably never be used in the same sentence.
Stayed a couple 2 yrs long enough to throw a Natty Champ game cause he wasn't prepared and had a QB that thought more of the pro career than winning the game

Hook'em

For 3 years!?! Nope not buying it.
Mack left him shit to work with and a lotta pressure from BOR and a lot of quitters on the team, could not even finish 4 th quarter ro they layed it down, sometimes a player can play FB, but sometimes there seems to be nobody at home up there in their mind

Hook'em

Stayed a couple 2 yrs long enough to throw a Natty Champ game cause he wasn't prepared and had a QB that thought more of the pro career than winning the game

Hook'em
I thought McCoy pinched a nerve in his shoulder or something when he got hit and couldn't throw after that?

Yeah it sucks for them, but college football isn't about the kids anymore. With that logic, if I were a parent of a or a 2 or 3 star recruit I would be upset with Texas trying to sneak knowing full well it could end up getting shut down.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Yeah it sucks for them, but college football isn't about the kids anymore. With that logic, if I were a parent of a or a 2 or 3 star recruit I would be upset with Texas trying to sneak knowing full well it could end up getting shut down.

Not upset at Texas more at lsu and their politicians. Belhaven was trying to get this satellite camp going they took the 5 k hit. Houston and Cornell were both going to participate which Cornell is not bad place to get an education from. So yes it does hurt the lower star kids. But politics will always be involved. And it's not like aggy and arky don't go in and get recruits as well.

FB still blaming Mack Brown for Charlie Strong's ineptness as a coach. Mack was 10X the coach that Strong was/is and brought Texas a national championship. You not taking your meds again, FB? You have nothing to base your anti-Herman opinion on to say the he'll probably do the same as Strong. Herman will win at Texas, unlike your guy Strong. Mark it down. As I've said previously, you should turn in your UT fan card. You're simply a fair weather fan who knows nothing other than criticize anyone not named Royal. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Belldozer1
I thought McCoy pinched a nerve in his shoulder or something when he got hit and couldn't throw after that?
He couldn't move his right arm at all. Numb. Got better with tincture of time. Have to wonder if this impacted his pro career, but he wanted to play.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
He couldn't move his right arm at all. Numb. Got better with tincture of time. Have to wonder if this impacted his pro career, but he wanted to play.
But according to FBH he should have just spit and rub some dirt on it and got back on the field dammit!! Colt had no HEART!!

Reactions: LonghornMM
FB still blaming Mack Brown for Charlie Strong's ineptness as a coach. Mack was 10X the coach that Strong was/is and brought Texas a national championship. You not taking your meds again, FB? You have nothing to base your anti-Herman opinion on to say the he'll probably do the same as Strong. Herman will win at Texas, unlike your guy Strong. Mark it down. As I've said previously, you should turn in your UT fan card. You're simply a fair weather fan who knows nothing other than criticize anyone not named Royal. :rolleyes:
You Betcha! Be a long time before we see another one, I done said you was right about Strong MM...when you beat Royals record you call me, Mack could not do it, no one will ever break it, cause UT won't let them break the FB Gods record..LOL! The problem with you MM is you only see the good and overlook the bad about the program and prep yourself for what may happen, Strong should have never happen as you've said and herman is at the same place without Macks shit as Strong was, that being coming from a smaller school in a smaller conference after winning a few seasons, so whats diff from Strong staring and herman?

Hook'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT