ADVERTISEMENT

OT{ Its Colder than a Eskimo Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
Haven't seen it this old in a while, Nobodies Fishing today...Y'll stay warm and don't drive unless ta have too... I am down with a stomach Ulcer...too much Shiner I guess...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: TexLou
Colder than a well diggers ass?
Colder than a witches titty in a brass bra doing push ups in the snow?
Colder than Hillary Clinton's bed?
Colder than a penguins prick?
Colder than Santa's jock strap?
Colder than two Yetis fvcking in a blizzard?

I can do this all day.

Not to be a downer, but have ya'll seen the youtube videos of the mega car pile up in Dallas? Brutal, and I mean BRUTAL. Heart goes out to them. Semis hauling ass fast into cars already stock piled into other cars. I wish I knew how to post link. 5 already ruled dead and they can't even get to some of the cars/trucks.
Just here in Austin we have had ice rain all day. I've lost 8-10 branches from Live oaks and Mt. Laurels. Talking 3-6 inches in diameter. And this after the snow storm a couple weeks ago. Ice is worse. And it's not supposed to get better until Tuesday. We're gettin' down into single digits I think Sunday.

Not to be a downer, but have ya'll seen the youtube videos of the mega car pile up in Dallas? Brutal, and I mean BRUTAL. Heart goes out to them. Semis hauling ass fast into cars already stock piled into other cars. I wish I knew how to post link. 5 already ruled dead and they can't even get to some of the cars/trucks.
Just here in Austin we have had ice rain all day. I've lost 8-10 branches from Live oaks and Mt. Laurels. Talking 3-6 inches in diameter. And this after the snow storm a couple weeks ago. Ice is worse. And it's not supposed to get better until Tuesday. We're gettin' down into single digits I think Sunday.
I'm local and I think some reports have it up to 8 confirmed. Horrible event with more bad news coming. They were trapped in a toll road with concrete barriers and before sun up. Half the Metroplex had no ice issues the other half (south) got it and didn't know it. Prayers to the families.

I drove that stretch many times while working for a company in north Fort Worth. ~130 car pile up was in Fort Worth on southbound I35W near the exit for the Stockyards. It was in the express lanes that have very limited highway shoulders and basically every vehicle was constricted to two lanes. It is surprising that TXDOT or TX tollway (whomever) didn't act quickly enough and shut down those lanes or at least WARN drivers ahead of the pile up. There are multiple programmable signs along that highway and why they weren't used to warn drivers is a mystery.

Saw that yesterday. Between 75 and 100 cars. Wait until this weekend. The residents of San Antonio have no idea how to drive in ice and snow. It's about to get hairy down here.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
We're staying put at home here in Arlington until at least Tuesday. Just came back from grocery shopping -- Walmart was busy but nothing too bad.

We're staying put at home here in Arlington until at least Tuesday. Just came back from grocery shopping -- Walmart was busy but nothing too bad.

Our HEB here in Bluff had a lotta empty shelves, the wife said, she went for dog food for the boys and grab the last big bag, the soup isle was deserted, I guess no one knows how to make homemade any more,, my wife's working on a big pot of Beef Caldo and corn bread as we speak, so we sitting good, put my Gena-tor up on back patio in case the elect goes, which it does and probably will ....

stay warm everybody and don't drive unless ya going to Lickker store .....

Yo Stranger, hope you feeling better,,,,good advice, I'm keeping one room warm and gonna ride it out,,,,,it's called retirement,,hahha.

Yo Stranger, hope you feeling better,,,,good advice, I'm keeping one room warm and gonna ride it out,,,,,it's called retirement,,hahha.
Its suppose to Snow here Monday, guess I will take the boys out and take some pics, I am feelin better with the Dicy and the Regland, the Doc said it was old age...LOL, I do feel better, I keep on chuggin...

Our HEB here in Bluff had a lotta empty shelves, the wife said, she went for dog food for the boys and grab the last big bag, the soup isle was deserted, I guess no one knows how to make homemade any more,, my wife's working on a big pot of Beef Caldo and corn bread as we speak, so we sitting good, put my Gena-tor up on back patio in case the elect goes, which it does and probably will ....

stay warm everybody and don't drive unless ya going to Lickker store .....
I went to the Corsicana heb today. It was low on fresh veggies for soup. Stopped at a small town store that had plenty and looked fresher. Both stores had plenty of toilet paper, though! Making caldo de pollo tomorrow .

So my house has PEX pipe water lines which are supposed to expand some and not bust as easy if the pipes freeze. It's supposed to get like 4 degrees here on Tuesday morning. Is running the inside faucets enough or should I turn the water off to the house? The house is a brick house on a concrete foundation. I've always just wrapped the outside fuacets and called it good but I've never done this artic cold shit before. Anything I need to do that I'm not thinking about? I also cut off the water to my irrigation system but those lines are all under ground. I have plenty of Chili meat, beer, liquor, and the kids just got a bunch of candy from school for Valentines day so they should be good. Filled up all my propane bottles in case the power goes out. Then I can cook a chili in the garage. I have enough fire wood to last a few days. What am I forgetting?

So my house has PEX pipe water lines which are supposed to expand some and not bust as easy if the pipes freeze. It's supposed to get like 4 degrees here on Tuesday morning. Is running the inside faucets enough or should I turn the water off to the house? The house is a brick house on a concrete foundation. I've always just wrapped the outside fuacets and called it good but I've never done this artic cold shit before. Anything I need to do that I'm not thinking about? I also cut off the water to my irrigation system but those lines are all under ground. I have plenty of Chili meat, beer, liquor, and the kids just got a bunch of candy from school for Valentines day so they should be good. Filled up all my propane bottles in case the power goes out. Then I can cook a chili in the garage. I have enough fire wood to last a few days. What am I forgetting?
Outstanding DH be safe

Supposed to be colder than a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg come Monday....

You have done more than enough. No need to turn your main off nor have the inside lines dripping. RVs and mobile homes are usually the one to get pipes bursting. What part of TX do you live. Here in El Paso, it Has been very nice all week. However this morning and we can wake up to snow and freezing weather (15 the low and currently 23). Growing up in the panhandle was a differrent story-many cold days in a row and very strong winds

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT