ADVERTISEMENT

OT{ Its Colder than a Eskimo Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my house has PEX pipe water lines which are supposed to expand some and not bust as easy if the pipes freeze. It's supposed to get like 4 degrees here on Tuesday morning. Is running the inside faucets enough or should I turn the water off to the house? The house is a brick house on a concrete foundation. I've always just wrapped the outside fuacets and called it good but I've never done this artic cold shit before. Anything I need to do that I'm not thinking about? I also cut off the water to my irrigation system but those lines are all under ground. I have plenty of Chili meat, beer, liquor, and the kids just got a bunch of candy from school for Valentines day so they should be good. Filled up all my propane bottles in case the power goes out. Then I can cook a chili in the garage. I have enough fire wood to last a few days. What am I forgetting?
I'd definitely keep running the water inside, I think turning it off would be a bad idea.
I'm hoping some of my pool equipment hold up at 5 degree weather? I have my pool running so hopefully
it's all good

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I've got all of my exposed pipes and faucets protected and plan on dripping water from the inside faucets overnight. As of now, it's 33F and a cold rain in Deer Park. Supposed to be 16F in the morning.

I've got all of my exposed pipes and faucets protected and plan on dripping water from the inside faucets overnight. As of now, it's 33F and a cold rain in Deer Park. Supposed to be 16F in the morning.
We are at 16° and getting lower, at Cedar Creek Lake.Plumber told me to go from drip to steady stream.

Reactions: LonghornMM
It's 23 in gruene. Went to HEB on 306 at 4pm because HEB said they were going to close at 5.
Ran in and got some beers, grabbed a couple of steaks, then walked back to the SUV. I was planning on going back home but was too enthralled watching the people that don't know how to walk or drive on ice, trying to walk and drive on ice. I sat there for an hour just laughing my ass off at people falling on their ass and watching their cars slide into random abandoned shopping carts.
I know it's not very Christian of me, but it was 45 minutes of gut busting laughter.

16 and flurries now. Maybe half inch, but it’s all sticking since been below freezing for 3 days now. Wind has picked up which could be a problem with all the frozen trees.
Guess it’s time for a Tito’s martini. Dirty.

Reactions: freeper
Supposed to be -2 in granbury in the morning. 4-5 inches of snow on the ground. Burning through my woodpile pretty fast.

It's 23 in gruene. Went to HEB on 306 at 4pm because HEB said they were going to close at 5.
Ran in and got some beers, grabbed a couple of steaks, then walked back to the SUV. I was planning on going back home but was too enthralled watching the people that don't know how to walk or drive on ice, trying to walk and drive on ice. I sat there for an hour just laughing my ass off at people falling on their ass and watching their cars slide into random abandoned shopping carts.
I know it's not very Christian of me, but it was 45 minutes of gut busting laughter.
I was there yesterday and you would have thought is was March of 2020 during the covid hoax overboard shopping craze. People were literally lined up all down the aisles for the checkout lines, it was pure chaos. I was just there to buy a couple valentines cards so I was able to use the self checkout thank God

No power in Gruene since about 5am-ish. Starting to get a little chilly in the house. Called NBU and got the computer, not a real person of course. I figure the best way to stay warm is to burn something large and wooden-- and the power pole on my street seems to be the best bet. It would accomplish two things-- the old people on my street would have something warm to huddle around and NB utilities would get cracking on getting the power back on.

Got 7-8 inches inches of snow last night. It's actually very pretty. It is 7 now. Lost power around 2:30 to 6:30.

You and me both power outages have came and gone through the night three actually. And now off for good. 7 degrees feels like -15 outside. I have a onsie that looks like long johns and let me tell you it's warm as he[[ in this thing.

I was there yesterday and you would have thought is was March of 2020 during the covid hoax overboard shopping craze. People were literally lined up all down the aisles for the checkout lines, it was pure chaos. I was just there to buy a couple valentines cards so I was able to use the self checkout thank God

Buncha Damn Yankee SnowBirds and your town dumbiest...lol

No power in Gruene since about 5am-ish. Starting to get a little chilly in the house. Called NBU and got the computer, not a real person of course. I figure the best way to stay warm is to burn something large and wooden-- and the power pole on my street seems to be the best bet. It would accomplish two things-- the old people on my street would have something warm to huddle around and NB utilities would get cracking on getting the power back on.

Shoulda bought you a Genertor long time ago, and ya would not be having problems, all the money ya spent on pussy and steaks...Well it is what it is...

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Got 7-8 inches inches of snow last night. It's actually very pretty. It is 7 now. Lost power around 2:30 to 6:30.

Generates for Sale! .....Good for all bad weather and Hurricanes and snow...good investment...see Clob! for a hellva deal

Shoulda bought you a Genertor long time ago, and ya would not be having problems, all the money ya spent on pussy and steaks...Well it is what it is...
I live in a condo you old fart. Where the fvck ima put a generator? Go drink some fish and catch some shiner.

I don't know if the people on here who've lived in San Antonio for awhile remember this.

On 1/12/85 it snowed 16 inches in one day. Nothing like that ever happened before or since. I couldn't believe it. I went to some friends house to hang out we rented a bunch of movies and had fun. And the snow stuck for a few days. It made the national news. Of course San Antonio is not Chicago in the winter time. They don't have the equipment to clear the highways of snow. So Loop 410 was closed and I had to take the access roads. Took 45 minutes instead of the usual 15 😂 Back then I had a '63 Mercury Meteor but I learned how to drive on very ice roads that night. Does anyone who was in San Antonio around that time remember this. If so what are your memories?

And that massive pileup in Dallas last week was a terrible tragedy.

I don't know if the people on here who've lived in San Antonio for awhile remember this.

On 1/12/85 it snowed 16 inches in one day. Nothing like that ever happened before or since. I couldn't believe it. I went to some friends house to hang out we rented a bunch of movies and had fun. And the snow stuck for a few days. It made the national news. Of course San Antonio is not Chicago in the winter time. They don't have the equipment to clear the highways of snow. So Loop 410 was closed and I had to take the access roads. Took 45 minutes instead of the usual 15 😂 Back then I had a '63 Mercury Meteor but I learned how to drive on very ice roads that night. Does anyone who was in San Antonio around that time remember this. If so what are your memories?

And that massive pileup in Dallas last week was a terrible tragedy.
At that time, we lived in Taylor. I drove to Lexington to work. Remember the drive home, on a FM road on a snow covered road with nothing but a tree line and barbwire fences as boundaries. No other tire tracks to follow. 20-30 drive took an eternity, but w the grace of God, I made it safely home.

At that time, we lived in Taylor. I drove to Lexington to work. Remember the drive home, on a FM road on a snow covered road with nothing but a tree line and barbwire fences as boundaries. No other tire tracks to follow. 20-30 drive took an eternity, but w the grace of God, I made it safely home.
What kind of work were you doing in Lexington and did you ever eat at Snow’s BBQ? Snow’s has been ranked No. 1 by Texas monthly and some New York publication ranked them No. 1 in the world at one time I believe.

Dang, expecting another 5-8 inches of ice and snow. Rotating power outages. ****ing state legislature is more focused on patting behinds than doing the right thing. They should have been working on infrastructure and WATER availability decades ago.

Looks like we have more snow in the forecast for tonight. 1985 in San Antonio was so cool but snow was all gone by 1 if I remember Correctly.

The wierd thing about that snow in 1985....We got 13 inches of snow and it dropped in zero wind. Every corner of my fenced in back yard got exactly the same amount of snow. It was super dry powdery stuff that my kids could not make snow balls with..

I have an oddity....only in Texas.....Our power went out for good last night about 7 pm. This was after hours of 9 min on....20 min off for about 8 hours....we got down to around 55 in the house this am. I used my magic powers to get it to around 64. then we noticed that all our ice was melting in both freezers.....what to do....what to do...???
Then inspiration hit...I filled my ice ball forms with water and took em outside where it was 21 degrees.Problem solved!...

May we live in interesting times...too hot in the freezer, but just right on the back patio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT