ADVERTISEMENT

Perrin and Dodds met last night at Dodds home

You keep bringing race into it which is ridiculous. We are already losing recruits because we are getting destroyed and the team is twitter fighting like a pack of 16 year old girls. Keeping Strong has just as much a chance of exacerbating the situation as firing him does.

The argument that removing Strong could set us back is irrelevant because it's counterpoint that keeping Strong could also set us back exists.

Reactions: JoeyFreshwater
The repercussions will be transfers of students that want/wanted to play for Strong! There will be a bunch if he is fired after this season....You can bank on it!

The repercussions will be transfers of students that want/wanted to play for Strong! There will be a bunch if he is fired after this season....You can bank on it!

Like who? Coaches leave/get fired all the time. I would imagine the replacement would have a lot to do with it also

Would you take me seriously if I said that keeping Strong will result in no one wanting to come play here, you can bank on it?

You keep bringing race into it which is ridiculous. We are already losing recruits because we are getting destroyed and the team is twitter fighting like a pack of 16 year old girls. Keeping Strong has just as much a chance of exacerbating the situation as firing him does.

The argument that removing Strong could set us back is irrelevant because it's counterpoint that keeping Strong could also set us back exists.
You think it is ridiculous but we live in the real world. You try telling a recruit and his family that a coach who won the most lopsided BCS game in history the year prior to coming to Texas, that he just couldn't get it done in 2 short years in Austin. Then you tell them that you can and will get it done and he can be a part of that, and you are going to be coaching him his whole college career. Every school recruiting that kid will make you explain the UT position, because they will do everything in their power to discredit UT. You have already lost the battle at that point. The handful of coaches that could overcome that position want no part of a program being forced to fire the coach because influential donors made the call for an interim AD and a new president. Add into the implosion of a team that will most certainly be racked by transfers and a most likely explosion of a recruiting class and you get a much worse mess than a few rough seasons by a coach who is cleaning up a programme that was always destined to bottom out.

Umm it was a 10 point victory over Florida. Most lopsided BCS game in history? I suppose race can become an issue if you completely make up facts.

We're gonna find out one way or the other. Lol

I think he gets and deserves a third year. I just don't have expectations that he can prove he deserves a 4th. I was mainly combative of the ridiculous race argument. What do you think our record is next year?

What was the spread? Off the top of my head I can name a few blowouts/upsets that way worse than 10 points that had to be even more lopsided against the spread.

WVU / Clemson
OU / USC
WVU / Georgia (Pat White and Steve Slaton's coming out party)
WVU / OU
Georgia / Hawaii

I think he gets and deserves a third year. I just don't have expectations that he can prove he deserves a 4th. I was mainly combative of the ridiculous race argument. What do you think our record is next year?
I'd expect no less than 7 reg and a bowl for 8. If he's not competitive by year 3 then he's not the guy for the job.

Reactions: bubba2023
What was the spread? Off the top of my head I can name a few blowouts/upsets that way worse than 10 points that had to be even more lopsided against the spread.

WVU / Clemson
OU / USC
WVU / Georgia (Pat White and Steve Slaton's coming out party)
WVU / OU
Georgia / Hawaii
L-ville was a 2 TD underdog and won by 10.....wiki declared it the biggest since the inception of the BCS

Alabama getting beat by Utah is the biggest upset of the BCS ever. At least it should be if it's not. Not sure why Bama get a free ride on hat one.

I don't get into gambling but that doesn't sound like a record to me, but it is a good victory I am not taking away from it. Strong did beat Florida and has won a BCS game.

I would be dubious of Wikipedia fact checking there. WVU beat Clemson by 37 so in order for that to be the record WVU had to be at least favored by 13, and I am pretty sure WVU was an underdog in that game. Along with the 36 point victory USC had over OU. There is no way USC was a 12 point favorite.

Last edited:
I think the only way he doesn't get a 3rd year is if he completely loses the team.

Now if we start out 1-4 next year with the same problems, he's probably gone after year 3.

Are you homosexual or just a 13 yr old girl?

You've been waiting for that post huh man. You're the resident hooligan I see.

Look dude, I'm an educated man, and smart enough to respect Texas for it's outstanding academics, and generally excellent sports programs. You'll never catch me flaming the university itself, and I won't disparage the fan base as a whole.

Yes, since TX is OU's most hated rival, I'm having a good time right now. The tears of the TX faithful are sweet. lol..

But I at least respect the institution, and also the vast majority of the TX fans that love the burnt orange more than they hate crimson or maroon.

I'm here to listen to an arch-rivals perspective, because hard truths can be discovered by doing so. I'll also occasionally offer a rival's perspective.

What I won't do, however, is respond in-kind to childish taunts from you, the board thug. It's a waste of time. Yeah, I know if I get out of line, I can expect to hear from you, but don't be disappointed if I ignore you.

I'm betting he's both jagged.

Closeted at least.

Mr. Big Shot Lol.. proud graduate of UT, and former player. Taking cheap shots at people he doesn't know.

I would have hoped you would represent your university a little better than that sir.

I'm not a small man Mr. Big Shot, and I'm in pretty good shape. I would recommend that you never say to my face what you were willing to type about me on a message board.

I'm willing to overlook this though, and not consider it to be your typical behavior.

Have a good day.

You've been waiting for that post huh man. You're the resident hooligan I see.

Look dude, I'm an educated man, and smart enough to respect Texas for it's outstanding academics, and generally excellent sports programs. You'll never catch me flaming the university itself, and I won't disparage the fan base as a whole.

Yes, since TX is OU's most hated rival, I'm having a good time right now. The tears of the TX faithful are sweet. lol..

But I at least respect the institution, and also the vast majority of the TX fans that love the burnt orange more than they hate crimson or maroon.

I'm here to listen to an arch-rivals perspective, because hard truths can be discovered by doing so. I'll also occasionally offer a rival's perspective.

What I won't do, however, is respond in-kind to childish taunts from you, the board thug. It's a waste of time. Yeah, I know if I get out of line, I can expect to hear from you, but don't be disappointed if I ignore you.

When you post something like (giggles) you deserve what you get. So which is it Giggles?

Mr. Big Shot Lol.. proud graduate of UT, and former player. Taking cheap shots at people he doesn't know.

I would have hoped you would represent your university a little better than that sir.

I'm not a small man Mr. Big Shot, and I'm in pretty good shape. I would recommend that you never say to my face what you were willing to type about me on a message board.

I'm willing to overlook this though, and not consider it to be your typical behavior.

Have a good day.
I had zero problem with you until now. Sure you want to bump gums like that? Sure you don't want re-read that post of mine and see there's some humor and chiding in it? Are you really, really sure?

Clob
Any word on the repercussions of the meeting?
Not sure why Perrin would drag in DeLoss.

Crimson et. al can we stick to sensible comments?

How about Keuchel tonight? awesome!

As I said before, it was a new AD asking for advice from and direction from an old AD that had a stellar record.

As I said before, it was a new AD asking for advice from and direction from an old AD that had a stellar record.
I know I'm in the Minority, but I think Deloss was and is a hell of an asset for the University. Yo Clob, I graduated '76. My son '15 with his T ring. Met Dodds at my son's athletic indoctrination somewhere in Belmont (9th floor maybe). I know it's not a popular take, but I really liked the guy. Took time to talk to my 13 yo son who was along for the ride. I just don't get the haters. We got to the top with Deloss

I know I'm in the Minority, but I think Deloss was and is a hell of an asset for the University. Yo Clob, I graduated '76. My son '15 with his T ring. Met Dodds at my son's athletic indoctrination somewhere in Belmont (9th floor maybe). I know it's not a popular take, but I really liked the guy. Took time to talk to my 13 yo son who was along for the ride. I just don't get the haters. We got to the top with Deloss
I don't doubt he is a good man. He definitely is intelligent and shrewd. I'll give you that but, to say that he took us to the top? He hired Weltlich in basketball and McWilliams/Mackovic in football. It took us 25 years to get us to the top with so many more bad than good years until VY. I really believe a blind folded person with a dart board could have outperformed him given the vast resources at Texas.

I don't doubt he is a good man. He definitely is intelligent and shrewd. I'll give you that but, to say that he took us to the top? He hired Weltlich in basketball and McWilliams/Mackovic in football. It took us 25 years to get us to the top with so many more bad than good years until VY. I really believe a blind folded person with a dart board could have outperformed him given the vast resources at Texas.
Um.......well.......Patterson wasn't exactly killing it. But I consider him to be a blind folded monkey with a dart.

Deloss Dodds made UT athletics what it was at their peak. However he broke it by the time he left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT