ADVERTISEMENT

Poll closed - New one to be created

Who would you prefer to have as head coach next year? I am intentionally leaving out Meyer and Saban

• Les Miles

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Dabo Sweeney (with Venables as DC)

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Dabo Sweeney (without Venables)

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Larry Fedora

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Tom Herman

Votes: 90 40.5%
  • Brent Venables

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Chris Peterson

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Charlie Strong

Votes: 60 27.0%
  • Chip Kelly

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Chris Peterson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Compare the numbers, W-L, Championships and get back at me.

Compare the two in number of pictures on the Web with coed and get back with me. Dude is a complete asshat.

I don't mind if some old dude with money/looks can get with an 18 year old, hell look at Clob :p, but this guy would represent the University and after what happened at Baylor I'd rather have someone with a little more morals. Sorry Clob, I don't want you coaching at Texas either ;).

Last edited:
Compare the numbers, W-L, Championships and get back at me.

What #s of Lane Kiffen as a HC are comparable to anything other than dogshit?

Or are we still under the fallacy of arbitrarily assigning wins to assistants?

Compare the two in number of pictures on the Web with coed and get back with me. Dude is a complete asshat.

I don't mind if some old dude with money/looks can get with an 18 year old, hell look at Clob :p, but this guy would represent the University and after what happened at Baylor I'd rather have someone with a little more morals. Sorry Clob, I don't want you coaching at Texas either ;).
Neary all coaches have skeletons. Some just dumber than others, ie. Petrino

What #s of Lane Kiffen as a HC are comparable to anything other than dogshit?

Or are we still under the fallacy of arbitrarily assigning wins to assistants?

Look at Herman's defense stats for the year.. nope. Won't stop Big 12 offenses. At least Lane wouldn't run same damn 5 plays over and over. Again.. it was Sarcasm about Lane. Best choice.. keep Strong one more year.

Look at Herman's defense stats for the year.. nope. Won't stop Big 12 offenses. At least Lane wouldn't run same damn 5 plays over and over. Again.. it was Sarcasm about Lane. Best choice.. keep Strong one more year.

Nevermind I missed your post about sarcasm and Kiffen. I thought you were trying to make an actual case for him.

No matter what happens the guy coaching Texas next year will not be a proven winner at this level.

For arguement's sake, lets say Charlie isn't here next year (I for one really hope he is), what would a hire of say someone like Jimbo Fisher do for the program? Not saying he would come or anything like that but would that be considered a good hire?

Quote of the year: ^^^^^^^^^^

If you surround yourself with turds, you're going to go to Turdville.

Awesome.....

several folks on Hornsports reported that Charlie's house was for sale and one even posted the real estate ad. I have no idea if it is real.

I don't know if he would have any interest but Kyle Shannhan is a real up and coming coach. Just a matter of time before he's a HC.

As always, I'd prefer a slam dunk hire but I don't feel like one is available. I've posted here somewhere that I really want to keep Gilbert as OC if possible. There have been a handful of WTF moments aka 18wheeler package with no wrinkles, but you can't deny the night & day improvement on offense from the last couple years. Give Shane another year with the playbook & in the weight room....look out!

We are scoring enough pts to win every single game so far but our D is more porous than a screen door. We have the athletes on D to be good, really good, but they aren't performing as they should. We need a cold blooded exec type HC that demands the best top to bottom out of our coordinators and players. Who's the right man? No clue.

As always, I'd prefer a slam dunk hire but I don't feel like one is available. I've posted here somewhere that I really want to keep Gilbert as OC if possible. There have been a handful of WTF moments aka 18wheeler package with no wrinkles, but you can't deny the night & day improvement on offense from the last couple years. Give Shane another year with the playbook & in the weight room....look out!

We are scoring enough pts to win every single game so far but our D is more porous than a screen door. We have the athletes on D to be good, really good, but they aren't performing as they should. We need a cold blooded exec type HC that demands the best top to bottom out of our coordinators and players. Who's the right man? No clue.
No one has an answer to the coaching dilemma but quick to complain. Recruits read these boards just like everyone else. Let the man finish the season.

I to want to keep sterling Gilbert. I think changing offenses agsin would be a pretty bad idea. I think in order to do that though it has to be one of the following scnerios.

John Harbaugh- he's going to need some coaches with college expierence and recruiting ties. Take a "if it ain't broke" mentality and work a deal where he keeps Gilbert.

Gus Malzahn- Runs a very similar system could see he and Gilbert working well together.

Art Briles- Not going to happen. But I list this for obvious reasons given their ties

Give Sterling the job. This would be an outside the box but not unheard of move for a program to hire a coordinator with no HC expierence
OU, Florida state, Clemson, Oregon(Chip Kelly) Sevreal others.

In order to not change systems I think it's gotta be one of those scenarios

Reactions: HornDrummer
several folks on Hornsports reported that Charlie's house was for sale and one even posted the real estate ad. I have no idea if it is real.

.. some prankster posted the real estate video from 2014 when the house was on the market.(just before Charlie bought it)

I to want to keep sterling Gilbert. I think changing offenses agsin would be a pretty bad idea. I think in order to do that though it has to be one of the following scnerios.

John Harbaugh- he's going to need some coaches with college expierence and recruiting ties. Take a "if it ain't broke" mentality and work a deal where he keeps Gilbert.

Gus Malzahn- Runs a very similar system could see he and Gilbert working well together.

Art Briles- Not going to happen. But I list this for obvious reasons given their ties

Give Sterling the job. This would be an outside the box but not unheard of move for a program to hire a coordinator with no HC expierence
OU, Florida state, Clemson, Oregon(Chip Kelly) Sevreal others.

In order to not change systems I think it's gotta be one of those scenarios

Give Sterling the job eh? I like it but oh man it sounds scary. It seems the majority is in favor of Herman but I'm just not sold on the guy. He's for sure a rising star but he's also fairly unproven. Strong is gone, there's too much noise to keep him even if we win out. When you have a HC taking over DC duties, you end up with neither position performing at its full duty.

Give Sterling the job eh? I like it but oh man it sounds scary. It seems the majority is in favor of Herman but I'm just not sold on the guy. He's for sure a rising star but he's also fairly unproven. Strong is gone, there's too much noise to keep him even if we win out. When you have a HC taking over DC duties, you end up with neither position performing at its full duty.
It's a leap to be sure(giving Gilbert the job) but as I said has worked out nicely for schools who went that route I don't think the boosters will go that route though. They want the name.

One of your points is why I'd be fine trying Gilbert as the HC with Charlie taking over the defense Sterling has pretty much been on his own and the offense is still putting up 35-38 a game. There have been some bumps in the road but it happens. With new coaches, OB, and receivers all working together.

Ive said I'm ok with firing Strong, but if he wins out and goes 8-4 I'll be the first to say he got a raw deal. Tells me he never had much chance to get year 4 and if that's the case you should if went ahead and let him go last year.

Last edited:
My god guys...its Sterlin. Not Sterling

At least get his name right.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
Perhaps he already got a contract extension and is upgrading his residence?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT