ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per 24/7, QB Shane Buechele will be in Austin this weekend.

RB Kam Martin of Port Arthur Memorial will be in Austin this weekend, per 24/7.

24/7 saying 2017 LB Anthony Hines of Plano East will be at the spring game as well.

Scout saying TE Peyton Aucoin and TE Irvin Smith of New Orleans, LA will be in Austin the weekend of April 25th.

Baylors 24/7 site are reporting that one source told them, that 5-star S Brandon Jones might end up being a Texas-LSU battle. A&M has long been thought to be the clear cut leader in this one, so that's encouraging to hear.

"
Re: Recruiting thread (2016) Reply
Scout saying TE Peyton Aucoin and TE Irvin Smith of New Orleans, LA will be in Austin the weekend of April 25th.

Baylors 24/7 site are reporting that one source told them, that 5-star S Brandon Jones might end up being a Texas-LSU battle. A&M has long been thought to be the clear cut leader in this one, so that's encouraging to hear. "

Very interesting to read.

Brandon Jones finally seeing Strong is the better option at developing him for the NFL.

Early attendees list for the spring game on Saturday. Guys in red are possible:

QB, Shane Buechele, Arlington Lamar
QB, Rex Culpepper, Plant (Tampa, FL)
RB, Kameron Martin, Port Arthur Memorial
RB, Trayveon Williams, Houston C.E. King
WR, Kofi Boateng, Arlington Lamar
WR, Donnell Dunn, Cypress Springs
WR, Reggie Hemphill, Manvel
TE, Ryan Becker, Marble Falls
TE, Jack Stoll, Regis Jesuit (Aurora, CO)
OL, Jean Delance, North Mesquite
OL, Chris Hughes, Killeen Harker Heights
OL, Greg Little, Allen
DT, Darius Anderson, Fort Bend Hightower
DT, Jordan Elliott, Houston Westside
DT, Michael Williams, Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal
DE, Mark Jackson, Cibolo Steele
DE, Sidney Murray, Rosenberg Terry
DE/LB, Rahssan Thornton, Killeen Shoemaker
LB, DeMarco Boyd, Gilmer
LB, Dontavious Jackson, Alief Elsik
CB, Jaylon Jones, Allen
S, Deontay Anderson, Manvel
S, Brandon Jones, Nacogdoches
S, Eric Monroe, Galena Park North Shore
ATH, Christian Wallace, Sealy

QB, Shawn Robinson, Denton Guyer
OL, Will Farrar, Fort Bend Travis
LB, Anthony Hines, Plano East
S, Daiquain Jackson, Mesquite Poteet

Update on OL Chris Owens of Arlington Lamar after his visit to UT (24/7):

"We met with coach Strong and lot of the other staff, and we spent a lot of time talking to the academic advisors," Owens told Horns247 Sunday night. "I think everything went well. The academics is definitely trending upward."

"I don't want to make a decision too soon, because I know the coaches are coming to visit, and I want to have a chance to meet with everyone," Owens said. "I haven't really turned anything down yet."

"He (Strong) was always one of the coaches I liked," Owens said. "When I went up there, he was not only disciplined himself, but it's also rubbing off on the guys on his staff. It's not just something you see on TV. It's real."

"He's (Wickline) very straightforward," Owens said. "One of the first things he told me was that he wasn't really good at the whole recruiting thing, because he doesn't like to sugar-coat anything. That was something I liked. He basically told me that's how it was. He's different in his own way."

Quick quotes from CB Jaylon Jones of Allen (24/7):

"When I found out the practice was at 10 a.m., my family decided not to go," Jones said. "It was too early, so we decided that next weekend might be better."

"Texas would be pretty up there (if they offered)," Jones said. "It's a great defensive program. coach (Charlie) Strong is building something special there. I'm trying to come out with my top schools soon and if Texas offers, they'll be pretty high."

Quote from QB Woody Barrett of Winter Garden, FL (OrangeBloods):

"I do have Texas on my radar. I'm still doing some homework about Texas. I'm trying to find a schedule to fit them in during the summer, see if I can take a visit there," Barrett said. "I need to get with their coaches, see if I can work things out to see the campus, see the facilities and everything."

FYI the spring evaluation period starts today and will run through May 31st.

Football Spring Evaluation Period

Two Spring Evaluations

In football, staff members shall be limited to one evaluation during the fall evaluation period and not more than two evaluations may be used during the April 15 through May 31 evaluation period.

Head Coach Restriction

In bowl subdivision football, the head coach shall not engage in off-campus recruiting activities (including coaching clinics or

meeting with a prospect's coach off-campus) during the April 15 through May 31 evaluation period.

Limitations on the Number of Spring Evaluations

In football, institutional staff members shall not visit a prospect's educational institution on more than two calendar days during the spring evaluation period.

On Same Day: Any number of evaluations or observations made during the same calendar day (defined as 12:01 a.m. to

midnight) shall count as one evaluation.

Designation of Weeks during the Spring Football Evaluation Period: For a spring eval period, an institution must designate four specific calendar weeks (defined Monday through Saturday) as opposed to selecting 24 individual evaluation days. The weeks selected by the institution need not to be consecutive.

One Telephone Call (April 15 - May 31): In football, one telephone call to a prospect [or a prospect's relatives or legal

guardian(s)] may be made from April 15 through May 31 of the prospect's junior year in high school. Additional telephone calls to a prospect [or a prospect's relatives or legal guardian(s)] may not be made before September 1 of the beginning of the prospect's senior year in high school.

Enrolled Students and Student-Athletes: Enrolled student-athletes or other enrolled students shall not make or participate in telephone calls to prospects at the direction of a coaching staff member, financed by the institution or a representative of its athletics interests; however, they may receive telephone calls at the expense of the prospect prior to July 1 following the

completion of the prospect's junior year in high school.

Coach Providing Student-Athletes With Prospects' Telephone Numbers: It is not permissible for an institution's coaching staff member to provide enrolled students (or student-athletes) with telephone numbers of prospects for the purpose of making recruiting calls. It is permissible for coaching staff members to provide prospects with telephone numbers of enrolled students (or enrolled student-athletes) if requested by the prospect.

...or for those programs which don't care about rules. Gotta keep up with the auctions vs L$U and Ole Mi$$ I suppose.

DT Jordan Elliot wearing a Rolex watch during his trip to College Station. He tweeted and deleted this photo, but someone grabbed a copy before he took it down.

3553886.jpg

@Official_Wall5: I'm glad to Officially announce that I have Committed to The Ohio State University ! #BuckeyeNation
emoji778.png
http://t.co/YGUnK8CSCx

^ Tristen Wallace Desoto QB

It's Kai Locksley-Deondre Francois all over again. Urban told Wallace they'd take him or Jarrett Guarantano, whoever committed first. Like a dumbass, Guarantano made a big show of his announcement and was set to commit at 2 p.m. today between tOSU, Tennessee and Rutgers. Wallace beat him to the punch.

Originally posted by michaelpurify:
Wallace!---did not see that coming.
Really? They have been his long time leader and that's where most thought he would go. The only Wallace we are likely to land is this one. http://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Wallace-33391

This post was edited on 4/15 12:07 PM by TexExSpur

The hilarious thing is Taylor Bathroom Stalking Hamm started a thread titled WRTS and 2 hours later Cleveland decommitted.
laugh.r191677.gif

The hilarious thing is Taylor Bathroom Stalking Hamm started a thread titled WRTS and 2 hours later Cleveland decommitted

I saw some female actually married this tool.

List of recruits that have told 247 that they are going to the spring game.

Guys that told us they will be visiting:

QB Shane Buechele, Arlington Lamar
QB Rex Culpepper, Plant (Fla.)
QB Kellen Mond, SA Reagan (2017)
RB Kameron Martin, Port Arthur Memorial
RB Trayveon Williams, Houston CE King
WR Reggie Hemphill, Manvel
WR Kofi Boateng, Arlington Lamar
WR Donnell Dunn, Cy Springs
WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (Calabasas, CA) (2017)
TE Jack Stoll, Regis Jesuit (CO)
TE Ryan Becker, Marble Falls
OT Jean Delance, North Mesquite
OT Chris Hughes, Harker Heights
OL Tope Imade, Arlington Bowie
OT Will Farrar, FB Travis (2017)
DT Mike Williams, FW All Saints
DT Darius Anderson, FB Hightower
WDE Mark Jackson, Cibolo Steele
WDE Sidney Murray, Richmond Foster
WDE Rahssan Thornton, Killeen Shoemaker
LB DeMarco Boyd, Gilmer
LB Anthony Hines, Plano East (2017)
LB Baron Browning, Kennedale (2017)
CB Jaylon Jones, Allen
S Eric Monroe, Galena Park North Shore
S Daiquain Jackson, Mesquite Poteet (2017)
ATH Christian Wallace, Sealy
ATH Jalen Blake, Carrollton Ranchview
ATH Darnay Holmes (Newbury Park, CA) (2017)

Guys that said they might visit:

QB Shawn Robinson, Denton Guyer (2017)
OL Jack Anderson, Frisco (2017)
DT Kendell Jones, Killeen Shoemaker
DT Jordan Elliott, Houston Westfield
DT Marvin Wilson, Houston Bellaire Episcopal (2017)
LB Dontavious Jackson, Alief Elsik
S Deontay Anderson, Manvel

OrangeBloods reporting 2017 WR Keyshawn Johnson, Jr. (Calabasas, CA) and 2017 ATH Darnay Holmes (Newbury Park, CA) are returning to campus for the spring game on Saturday. Two possible offers here.

A few 2017 notes from 24/7...

-the staff has apparently told 2017 OL Jack Anderson of Frisco that an offer is waiting on him should he make it to Austin this weekend.

-2017 QB Kellen Mond of San Antonio Reagan will be back on campus Saturday.

-2017 RB Eno Benjamin (Wylie East), 2017 RB JK Dobbins (La Grange) and 2017 DT Marvin Wilson (Bellaire Episcopal) are talking about being at the spring game, but don't have set plans quite yet. Dobbins is supposed to speak with the staff tomorrow.
This post was edited on 4/16 11:23 AM by Scholz

Originally posted by CoachEmUp64:
Think we will get any commits this weekend?
Haven't seen anything imminent mentioned. In general, Strong isn't huge about getting early commits. He tells the kids to take their visits and make sure first. And he makes sure the parents are on board as well. I haven't seen but about 3 or 4 kids saying they're going to pull the trigger any time soon: QB T.Wallace (gone), RB D.Anderson (not coming this weekend), OT K.Diesch (not coming this weekend) and DT Michael Williams (possible).

That said, ATH Christian Wallace is pretty close I think and TE Jack Stoll from Co. couldn't have been more excited to get an offer (although he may start getting other big offers and would use his visits).

This post was edited on 4/16 2:40 PM by Scholz

3 big safeties update:

Eric Monroe is visiting UT this weekend.

Colt Barber of 247 is hearing it could wind up being a Texas-LSU battle for Brandon Jones.

Bathroom Hamm has also confirmed that A&M is backing off Deontay Anderson. Apparently he's not "SEC-elite" or whatever BS excuse he came up with.

The Killeen Shoemaker duo DT Kendell Jones and DE Rahssan Thornton are making the trip for the Spring Game, per 24/7.

This post was edited on 4/16 2:47 PM by Scholz

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT