ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren is not more explosive then Bradford. Sumlin wanted Warren becasue he wasn't sure he was getting Bussey, Warren was offered by us after Bussey committed to Tennessee. I don't take issue with anyone who likes Warren better, he's big physical and fast and I would have like to have had him becasue as a prospect physically he's elite and has a higher ceiling than any other back in the class aside from SoSo. My concern with huim is he isn't overly shifty and I don't think his acceleration to the hole is fast enough to be dominant in college. He has longer speed then a quick burst. As a corner prospect Elam is better then Boyd. We did want Elliot early on but he was offered after Dunning and Pryor had already committed. he will be a player for you guys though. I think Hill was the top corner mainly though because I liked his size better then Sheffield.
Bradford is tiny, not my kind of back.

While Boyd is a projected Corner, I hope to see him play Nickle... the only problem is Bonney looks legit and another incoming freshman in Locke is a man! Good problems to have...

Elam is a hell of a prospect. It's pointless to argue Boyd over Elam or vice versa right now. They are pretty much right on the same level. Of course aggy will like Elam and we will like Boyd.

You aggys' irrational penchant for claiming whoever you got is better than whoever t.u. got. Farmer better than Benson, McNeal better than Simms/VY, Elam better than Boyd, Bradford better than Warren, etc. etc. etc. Without fail. Without end. Every single year. Despite reality and rankings saying the opposite. Both of our RBs Warren and Johnson are ranked higher than Bradford. Both or our CBs Hill and Boyd are ranked higher than Elam. Yet your guys are better. mkay.

Except I conceded Hill was better than all of them.

Elam is a hell of a prospect. It's pointless to argue Boyd over Elam or vice versa right now. They are pretty much right on the same level. Of course aggy will like Elam and we will like Boyd.

Agreed....I was looking more at Elam being the best by a long shot of the five they took. They missed at the position and desperately wanted Hill and Boyd to close out the class. Hill being the bigger target and Boyd the fall back. Per 247, Hill and Boyd were ranked No. 8 and No. 9 in the country and while Elam is a good prospect, he is 31st.

When it comes to last year's recruiting class

Texas had the top DB, LB and DE classes. Aggy probably beats Texas at DT. I'd give aggsy the nod at WR and Oline and Texas the nod at RB. QB and TE are up for grads as it's likely Murray never steps foot on the aggsy campus, and the same can be said of Clarington for Texas.

However, of both make it on campus, then Aggsy get the nod at QB and Texas at TE.

Overall I'd take the Texas class over the aggsy class any day. I'd rather have a 6'4 project QB than a 5-star midget. I'd also rather have The Texas Dline recruits than Mack whose big mouth tells me he is an attention whore. Attention whores seldom workout.

Except I conceded Hill was better than all of them.
So is Warren. So is Johnson. So is Malik. So is Wheeler. So is Boyd. We got 2 RBs, 2 CBS and 2 LBs better than yours (according to rankings, not my opinion) so that's why I took issue with your ridiculously biased and delusional statement, "Sorry but I gotta laugh @ the number 1 class in the state."

We had the highest ranked class. We whipped you at RB, CB and LB. Sorry you can't be honest and objective about it. Too much aggy brainwashing.

24/7 confirmed that Coach Jean-Mary stopped by Arlington Bowie today to see OL Tope Imade. Jean-Mary told Imade that Coach Wickline would probably offer tomorrow when they meet.

⚡️Tope Imade⚡️#⃣6⃣7⃣ @TopeImade
Today will be the day.

Update on QB Bowman Sells, courtesy of Wilkerson:

The Longhorns have one quarterback committed in 2016, but wouldn’t mind another one joining the class. One recruit that very well could be that guy is three-star Bowman Sells (Lucas, Texas/Lovejoy).

Sells (6-foot-2, 200 pounds) was one of the numerous quarterbacks Texas offered on Feb. 18, and one of the main ones who has continuously shown interest in UT. In fact, the No. 27 QB overall in 2016 is so intrigued by Charlie Strong’s program that he has them on a short list of schools he’s interested in at the moment. “Right now I have three main schools I am interested in that are interested in me,” he said. “They are SMU, Houston and Texas. With that said, I’m not convinced I’m staying in-state. I’m still interested in schools from out of state. I just haven’t gotten as much interest from out of state.”

In addition to those offers, Sells also has offers from Clemson, Iowa and Ohio State. But that Longhorns offer, as much as any, continues to stand out to him even though four-star QB Shane Buechele has been committed for months. “I don’t think it really effects me too much because, I mean, SMU just got a quarterback commit as well,” Sells said. “You are going to have competition wherever you go. As far as other quarterbacks committing to a school, I guess Texas in this instance, it doesn’t impact me too much because I know I’ll have to compete with other QBs wherever I go."

One reason that Sells has Texas among his top three is QB coach Shawn Watson. Sells was able to spend a day with him about a month ago, and saw why Watson is loved by so many recruits. “I really like Shawn Watson,” he said. “I went to their camp this past summer and got to be coached by him a little bit and got to know him. I visited with him recently and got to sit down and talk football with him. That was good because I got to see what he likes and what he expects from his players and his team. I thought that was really interesting and cool. I like Coach Strong and some of the players. That’s a big part of it.” The shift to more of an up-tempo offense has also helped UT’s case with Sells. “I’m kind of used to that type of offense,” he said. “I guess they run more of a pro-style but they do run a lot of similar reads and types of plays that we run as well. So I’d be familiar with that type of offense.”

If there is a school that Texas is going to have to beat to land Sells, many would say it’s SMU. That’s largely because of the long-standing relationship he has with Mustangs head coach Chad Morris. “I’ve known Coach Morris longer than any of the other coaches because he was recruiting me to Clemson when I was a freshman,” he said. “That relationship is really strong. I love what they’ve done coming in so far. They are trying to turn the program around and have some big recruits coming in. That’s a big part.” Sells said he’s hopeful to have his mind made up by the end of spring ball but before the start of the season at the latest. “I’m getting pretty close with these three schools but I’d still like to see what other schools come during spring ball with offers and then go from there,” he said.

So is Warren. So is Johnson. So is Malik. So is Wheeler. So is Boyd. We got 2 RBs, 2 CBS and 2 LBs better than yours (according to rankings, not my opinion) so that's why I took issue with your ridiculously biased and delusional statement, "Sorry but I gotta laugh @ the number 1 class in the state."

We had the highest ranked class. We whipped you at RB, CB and LB. Sorry you can't be honest and objective about it. Too much aggy brainwashing.

I have no issue with you saying you whipped us at corner. I would trade you our corner class for yours in heart beat. Overall its a better class at corner. Regarding linebacker other then Malik (obviously a great get) I don't think your class is all that great. I like Moore better then all of your linebackers except obviousy Malik. We will just have to agree to disagree on running back, maybe its a preference thing on what we prefer. I feel Bussey and Bradford are a better fit for running inside and outside zone out of the gun.

When it comes to last year's recruiting class

Texas had the top DB, LB and DE classes. Aggy probably beats Texas at DT. I'd give aggsy the nod at WR and Oline and Texas the nod at RB. QB and TE are up for grads as it's likely Murray never steps foot on the aggsy campus, and the same can be said of Clarington for Texas.

However, of both make it on campus, then Aggsy get the nod at QB and Texas at TE.

Overall I'd take the Texas class over the aggsy class any day. I'd rather have a 6'4 project QB than a 5-star midget. I'd also rather have The Texas Dline recruits than Mack whose big mouth tells me he is an attention whore. Attention whores seldom workout.

DB is a wash because our safety class is better then yours. We destroyed you on the defensive line and Lockhart is better then Charles O just turn on the tape. I have to concede linebacker, I just have no real argument however I am looking forward to seeing how these 2 classes develope.

Regarding linebacker other then Malik (obviously a great get) I don't think your class is all that great. I like Moore better then all of your linebackers except obviousy Malik.
Lulz. This is what I'm talking about. Moore is a good player. But all 4 of our LB pickups had better offer lists than him. Saying Moore is better than Wheeler is so delusional, you've lost all credibility in this conversation (and you offered him btw). Your new Daddy Bama offered Wheeler and Cherry btw. But yeah, they're mediocre. :D

I have no issue with you saying you whipped us at corner. I would trade you our corner class for yours in heart beat. Overall its a better class at corner. Regarding linebacker other then Malik (obviously a great get) I don't think your class is all that great. I like Moore better then all of your linebackers except obviousy Malik. We will just have to agree to disagree on running back, maybe its a preference thing on what we prefer. I feel Bussey and Bradford are a better fit for running inside and outside zone out of the gun.

Let's start with where you think Moore will play!

Moore is interesting and I like what I saw from him in the Semper game.

For us 2015 LB's
Townsend and Hager - SAM
Cherry - Mike better than Moore
Jefferson and Wheeler - WILL both are better than Moore!

As for Saftey, Dunning gets the edge. Pryor and Elliott are close. Locke is going to be a player!

Last edited:
Reactions: CoachEmUp64
DB is a wash because our safety class is better then yours.
OK except CB was a severe and I mean DIRE need for your sorry D.

We destroyed you on the defensive line and Lockhart is better then Charles O just turn on the tape.
More delusional bullsh*t. You got one DT better than Lampkin (who you whiffed on btw). Omenihu and Lockhart are different positions since you obviously don't know. We're going for speed not a tweener. Just ask your slow and ridiculously overranked OT Elbert about Charles O who embarrassed him publicly at the Dallas Nike camp. And juco Vasser (who we pulled out of GA and beat the Bulldogs for) will be an immediate contributor for us at SDE anyway. To say you "destroyed" us at D line is nothing short of a lie.

Let's start with where you think Moore will play!

Moore is interesting and I like what I saw from him in the Semper game.

For us 2015 LB's
Townsend and Hager - SAM
Cherry - Mike better than Moore
Jefferson and Wheeler - WILL both are better than Moore!

I believe Moore is going to be a Will and reports from spring are that he also played Nickel in goal line packages. I really like him at will and I hope he gets to redshirt. Wheeler should be a Mike, if you watch Cherry's film you know he's not better than Moore, Cherry is slow and not very fluid but he does lay a nice pop. If Malik has to play inside you will be dissapointed but if he gets to play Fox he should be an absolute super star. Townsend and Hagar might as well be Durham Garner for us, thats a wash. I would be interested on why you are so high on Cherry, maybe I missed something but he was a meh for me after watching his tape. Wheeler will be interesting to watch.

I would be interested on why you are so high on Cherry, maybe I missed something but he was a meh for me after watching his tape.
So you know more than Nick Saban, yeah? :D He could've gone anywhere in the country. Offered by everybody.

Wheeler will be interesting to watch.
Another dishonest comment. You'd be saying he's a better pickup than Malik had you landed him.

Malik won't play Mike! Santos was out and Wheeler and Cherry aren't on campus yet. Freeman and Malik will be great at Sam and Will this year.

pooch, take a look at Cecil Cherry's offer list and say that BS again. So ridiculous.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Cecil-Cherry-138833
That list is DEFENSE. The two historically best LB producing institutions in the country went after Cherry.

Yup or watch him play RB as well...

Moore 4.81 forty, Cherry with bigger frame and 15 pounds heavier, 4.75 forty. Maybe Moore should play Mike, you want your quickest guy playing WILL, wait, will he be Aggy's quickest LB?

We flipped Cherry from Tennessee... http://www.varsitypreps.com/2015-lb-cecil-cherry/ It wasn't that hard to do!

Moore's best attribute - instinct...

Last edited:
OK except CB was a severe and I mean DIRE need for your sorry D.

More delusional bullsh*t. You got one DT better than Lampkin (who you whiffed on btw). Omenihu and Lockhart are different positions since you obviously don't know. We're going for speed not a tweener. Just ask your slow and ridiculously overranked OT Elbert about Charles O who embarrassed him publicly at the Dallas Nike camp. And juco Vasser (who we pulled out of GA and beat the Bulldogs for) will be an immediate contributor for us at SDE anyway. To say you "destroyed" us at D line is nothing short of a lie.

Charles O isn't even fast on film and doesn't get into the backfield. KeKe is a better prospect then Lampkin and you know it. I did forget about Vasser but I didn't see anything special about him on tape. If he's an immediate contributor then you guys have bigger problems then you realize.

Charles O isn't even fast on film and doesn't get into the backfield. KeKe is a better prospect then Lampkin and you know it. I did forget about Vasser but I didn't see anything special about him on tape. If he's an immediate contributor then you guys have bigger problems then you realize.
Who Vasser? He'll be third on the depth chart at strong end behind Shiro Davis and Bryce Cottrell. Charles will get red shirted and yes, he whipped up on your OL prospect. As for Keke and Duvonta, I'd put them closer to even than a great advantage one way or the other, Keke gets the star nod.

Last edited:
Cherry wasn't being pursued by all of those schools let alone Alabama and you know it, I concede I could be missing something but I don't see it. He hits real hard if you run right into him.

Cherry wasn't being pursued by all of those schools let alone Alabama and you know it, I concede I could be missing something but I don't see it. He hits real hard if you run right into him.

Is this like what bomb was saying on the Anderson Twins about offers versus pursuit?

Cherry was committed to Tennessee! We flipped him. He had 34 offers... His Bama offer came after his Sophomore year!

This is what Tennessee thought about him:
Cherry doesn’t just hit people, he violently separates them from the earth. He’s an explosive hitter with laser beam focus once he identifies his target. He boasts a powerful frame, plays bigger than his measurables, and has plus speed for a player of his size. Cherry excels at shedding blocks and recognizes plays quickly. He’s a force in the middle of the field who also is disruptive behind the line. At this stage he’s better in pursuit than in coverage and projects as a situational run-stopper.

http://sonofacoach.com/cecil-cherry/

Last edited:
Is this like what bomb was saying on the Anderson Twins about offers versus pursuit?

Cherry was committed to Tennessee! We flipped him. He had 34 offers... His Bama offer came after his Sophomore year!

This is what Tennessee thought about him:
Cherry doesn’t just hit people, he violently separates them from the earth. He’s an explosive hitter with laser beam focus once he identifies his target. He boasts a powerful frame, plays bigger than his measurables, and has plus speed for a player of his size. Cherry excels at shedding blocks and recognizes plays quickly. He’s a force in the middle of the field who also is disruptive behind the line. At this stage he’s better in pursuit than in coverage and projects as a situational run-stopper.

http://sonofacoach.com/cecil-cherry/

Im not disputting that Tennessee or that some other major schools wanted him. The kid is a take I didn't mean to come accross like he can't play at all. Im just not as high on him as you are.

I also acknowledged that the dude does lay a lick when he hits you which is what the writer was also indicating.

I would be interested in folks opinions by position group for 2015 Texas vs A&M classes. My not overly informed opinion.

QB - TBD.either A&M by a wide margin or Texas. Depends on MLB draft.
RB - Texas is a little better in my opinion
WR - Close, but A&M due to 5 Star Kirk
OL - A&M, not close in my opinion, but I doubt everyone agrees. Not a fan of Major or Elbert.
TE - either a draw or A&M, depends on clearinghouse

CB - Texas by a mile
S - A&M easily better
LB - Texas much better
DL - A&M much better, especially inside

Im not disputting that Tennessee or that some other major schools wanted him. The kid is a take I didn't mean to come accross like he can't play at all. Im just not as high on him as you are.
It's cool, you are higher on a kid that committed/decommitted/recommitted to aggy. I hope he pans out for y'all.

It's cool, you are higher on a kid that committed/decommitted/recommitted to aggy. I hope he pans out for y'all.
As do I or we're screwed. I have no idea how Durham pans out i like his size and athleticism but right now I think he ends up at WDE. Claude George looks very good in his film but its juco and i don't expect him to start.

I would be interested in folks opinions by position group for 2015 Texas vs A&M classes. My not overly informed opinion.

QB - TBD.either A&M by a wide margin or Texas. Depends on MLB draft. Debatable down the road.
RB - Texas is a little better in my opinion. Texas by a wide margin with two of the three takes.
WR - Close, but A&M due to 5 Star Kirk. Fairly even outside of Kirk
OL - A&M, not close in my opinion, but I doubt everyone agrees. Not a fan of Major or Elbert. Vahe, Williams and Thomas are going to end up being huge gets for us/I'm not big on Elbert, McCoy or Lanfear... The last of the Sherman class is about to get drafted. I'd take our guys here.
TE - either a draw or A&M, depends on clearinghouse Agreed

CB - Texas by a mile Agreed
S - A&M easily better Pryor and Elliot fairly equal, Locke to fill nickel role. Slight bump to Aggy for Dunning.
LB - Texas much better WAY better for Texas
DL - A&M much better, especially inside I'm not a big fan of Lockhart slight nod for two DT's with the MACK being the bread, Lampkin fills a need and he is comparable to Keke, Charles O will need to develop and Vasser adds depth.

Three years from now, we will know what we have!

Pooch, you're a decent poster. However, you just called Cherry slow, while bragging about Moore. All credibility lost.

That's because he committed to UT. You've shown clearly that you're a ridiculous homer. Cherry and Wheeler are much better than Moore and you called our LB class meh while in reality it was one of (if not the) tops in the country. You have zero credibility. Cherry could've played anywhere in the country.

In fact, let me expound a little on the mental illness that is being an aggy football fan. You're so eaten up with anger, bitterness and envy of never seeing your team succeed that you've simply shut down. Your brains are closed shut. You insulate yourself from reality and fact and believe what you want to believe no matter what. You're literally unable to admit UT had a higher ranked class than aggy because that's all you had going for you. You seriously can't admit fact. It's sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT