ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do share why you think that

Horns Digest apparently just put out an interview with Hudson where he doesn't sound solid to Baylor, and has Texas high on his list. I don't have access to the interview that was just posted on other sites.

I've never thought Hudson's commitment was solid based on some other interviews.

Reactions: pagewoodt
Here's the article from Horns Digest. I thought it was behind a paywall. http://www.scout.com/college/texas/s...d-by-longhorns

“I have heard from the staff a lot. I have talked with Coach Strong, Coach Bedford and Coach Wickline,” he said about his communication with the Longhorns coaching staff. “They have expressed how much they want to me go to Texas. It has been great.”

When asked if he is still committed to Baylor, or if he has opened things up, the talented big-man said, “I’m just going with the flow. You know, whatever happens.”

“There are about 10 or so schools (in the mix),” Hudson said. “Texas is high on the list.”

Reactions: pagewoodt
bubba....could you type that a little slower?.....we do have some aggy guests on here after all.

From Dawg Nation:
Isaac Nauta, the country’s No. 1 tight end, already has plans to take four official visits.

The 6-foot-4, 237-pounder will officially visit Georgia, USC, Michigan and TCU, according to ESPN’s Derek Tyson.

However, his fifth visit has not yet been determined.

The 5-star recruit is ranked as the No. 14 player in the country.
-hope that 5th visit is with the Horns!!

Where does 159 put him against his peers

He's now 4th nationally as a dual-threat QB from 2016.

1_3702703.jpg
Feleipe Franks
Wakulla (Crawfordville, FL) DUAL 6-5 220
1_3702709.jpg
Jarrett Guarantano
Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) DUAL 6-4 194
1_3513320.jpg
Tristen Wallace
DeSoto (DeSoto, TX) DUAL 6-3 228
1_3702779.jpg
Shane Buechele
Lamar (Arlington, TX) DUAL 6-2 185

Hook 'em

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
Scout saying CB Eric Cuffee of Waco High is on his way to campus for a visit today.

DE Isaiah Chambers of Aldine MacArthur talks about where things stand with UT (OrangeBloods):

"I'm going to try to work on the record. Last year I got 21 sacks. I'm trying to get 29 or more and take my team to the playoffs," Chambers said.

"When the season comes, probably in the next three or four weeks, I'll have a top five," Chambers said. "Right now it's kind of hard to say."

"I've talked to them (Texas) frequently. I haven't been yup there this summer, but I plan to go back and watch a few games," Chambers said. "I talk to coach (Chris) Vaughn, coach (Brick) Haley, and I talk to coach Strong probably once a week or once every two weeks."

"The program, the prestige," Chambers said.

"I plan to take all of them (official visits) and then possibly commit right after the season, maybe even mid-season," Chambers said. "I don't plan to take it too far."

Here are Wednesday's tidbits on Texas prospects:

— DeSoto cornerback and Texas Tech commit Neiman Armstrong plans to make an official visit to Texas this fall, according to WreckEm247. We haven’t heard much regarding Texas’ interest in Armstrong, but he is now a name to keep an eye on. Armstrong is a three-star prospect and ranked as the No. 184 cornerback in the country.

— Five-star IMG Academy (Fla.) tight end Isaac Nauta plans on making official visits to Georgia, USC, Michigan and TCU. Nauta has one more visit spot available, and it wouldn’t be surprising if he decides to see Texas again. Nauta visited last month and came away with an offer.

— As mentioned on the board, Alief Elsik linebacker Dontavious Jackson has pushed back his commitment date to National Signing Day. Jackson was originally expected to announce at the Under Armour All-American Game. Jackson is a top choice for Texas and will be a take no matter what.

— Four-star 2017 Cy Fair offensive tackle Austin Deculus made an unofficial visit to Texas A&M today. Deculus holds a Texas offer and was supposed to attend Under The Lights but did not make it.

— Four-star 2017 University Lab (La.) offensive tackle Adrian Ealy notched a new offer from South Carolina. Ealy holds a Texas offer but is considered an LSU lean at this time.

Per 247

No Devo and Merrick is officially a part of the 2015 class and Cuney may have just got the boot.,,

No Devo and Merrick is officially a part of the 2015 class and Cuney may have just got the boot.,,

that is great news about Merrick....cuney on the other hand, I guess we will see where the core values hit him. In the ass out the door or ???

Cuney have fun in the pit. Might work well for him. Get in great shape, teach him a lesson and develop into a great back up or mix in some starts if something happens.

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
— DeSoto cornerback and Texas Tech commit Neiman Armstrong plans to make an official visit to Texas this fall, according to WreckEm247. We haven’t heard much regarding Texas’ interest in Armstrong, but he is now a name to keep an eye on. Armstrong is a three-star prospect and ranked as the No. 184 cornerback in the country.
Looking at another CB out of Florida too. Wonder if that says something about our chances with Cuffee, Cobb and Fulton at CB or if these are just backup options.

Per 24/7, Coach Traylor mentioned recently that DeAndre McNeal has been moved to his group and will now be working with the TEs.

My guess is they plan on lining him up in several different places.

Per 24/7, Coach Traylor mentioned recently that DeAndre McNeal has been moved to his group and will now be working with the TEs.

Hope so. I would think he would be a big time project at TE. If that becomes his full time position I don't think he would make much impact there.

Sounds like Rahssan Thornton is visiting tomorrow. It was posted on shaggy so not sure who the original source is.

Highly versatile H-back

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT