ADVERTISEMENT

Reese Leitao is in:

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
View image on Twitter
DBGheiwWsAAfTO6.jpg:small

Follow
HornSports.com @HornSports

Texas has decided to allow TE signee Reese Leitao to be part of the football program. Statement from AD Mike Perrin below:

3:36 PM - 30 May 2017

Did he get arrested before or after he committed to Texas? My brother was murdered May 19th in Austin. He was killed over drugs. Dealing or buying we don't know yet. He always liked the prescription pills. Xanax is very addictive and dangerous by the way. My brother could con the system very well. Family left him in jail but someone bailed him out for the second time and he died. Cannabis is kids play compared to narcotic pills. I hope the young man does well at Texas but that's a gamble.

Did he get arrested before or after he committed to Texas? My brother was murdered May 19th in Austin. He was killed over drugs. Dealing or buying we don't know yet. He always liked the prescription pills. Xanax is very addictive and dangerous by the way. My brother could con the system very well. Family left him in jail but someone bailed him out for the second time and he died. Cannabis is kids play compared to narcotic pills. I hope the young man does well at Texas but that's a gamble.
Sorry to hear about you brother. It is always rough any way you dice it with drugs. BTW, xanax isn't a narcotic but, rather a drug for anxiety. It is a controlled substance, but, a milder one in the grand scheme of things. It is like valium and ativan. I don't know all of the circumstances around what happened, but, I don't think it is worth bringing him on. I believe he was already committed when this happened.

He was committed and had his LOI in several months before his arrest. I know nothing about the case so I cannot speak to the pros or cons of bringing him in. I trust the Herman has all the factual reports available to him as well as any type background info as he deems necessary when he decides to bring the kid in or not. I will trust that Herman knows what he is doing here as it is his ass on the line with this decision.I am good with whatever he decides.

Reactions: hookem3434
Second chances. There's a risk to the team, to other students, and to Austinites when you give someone a second chance. We've all made mistakes, and I'm sure we're glad others don't know about (all of) them. We appreciate mercy and grace when we've screwed up, but it's harder to know when to give it to others. If you're a hiring manager, for example, what do you overlook?

I don't have answers here. I know it's not a right hook to a girl's jaw, but taken by the wrong person, Xanax can cause problems.

Xanax:
Main side effects: drowsiness, dizziness, insomnia, memory problems, poor balance or coordination, slurred speech, trouble concentrating, and irritability.

Less common: diarrhea, sweating, headache, nausea, blurred vision, and appetite changes.

Uncommon, serious/dangerous side effects include: chest tightness; fast, racing or pounding heartbeat; seizures; vomiting of blood; out of control actions, including attack, assault, or force; lack of feeling, emotion or concern for others; suicidal thoughts; hearing loss; loss of control of the legs; etc.

Combine all that with lack of concentration due to insomnia & dizziness, plus irritability, and you have a bad mix.

Second chances. There's a risk to the team, to other students, and to Austinites when you give someone a second chance. We've all made mistakes, and I'm sure we're glad others don't know about (all of) them. We appreciate mercy and grace when we've screwed up, but it's harder to know when to give it to others. If you're a hiring manager, for example, what do you overlook?
I agree Hornsrule. I truly am for second chances when someone is contrite or looks intent on righting a wrong. However, if it is dealing drugs to young kids then I am not convinced a football scholarship is the type of second chance he deserves. I admit, I don't know all of the facts of the case, but, just what was glossed over on the internet. Thus, I shouldn't judge based on speculation.

Was this kid in trouble before being caught selling drugs? Wondering if he is a dumb kid or a bad kid. Hopefully just dumb.

Perrin and Herman selling the Integrity of UT for a damn FB player whose been busted for drugs?We shoulda let Romance still play...Looking like OU and Baylor around here letting the drug punks ..etc come in..Herman must really want to win that he would stoop low to bring players like this in, he looks good on TV and around campus but. we will see how he wins all them games this yr, Zarie must still be in the shitter trying to make his mind up.

Hook'em

Reactions: HornsRuleU
Perrin and Herman selling the Integrity of UT for a damn FB player whose been busted for drugs?We shoulda let Romance still play...Looking like OU and Baylor around here letting the drug punks ..etc come in..Herman must really want to win that he would stoop low to bring players like this in, he looks good on TV and around campus but. we will see how he wins all them games this yr, Zarie must still be in the shitter trying to make his mind up.

Hook'em
FBHorn, as a fan you have to compartmentalize. Contrary to what some say, it is really out of the fans hands. So, as a fan, you can condemn what the kid did and the action of the coach but come gameday, it's only human nature to cheer like a sumbitch when that player is high stepping into the end zone. It is what it is.

Meh--- I would have liked to see some legal punishment, a year at juco to test his resolve and see how bad he want it, then if all goes well--- bring him in.

#4starlivesmatter

He is a 3 star player.

Was this kid in trouble before being caught selling drugs? Wondering if he is a dumb kid or a bad kid. Hopefully just dumb.

All reports seem to point to him being a class act outside of this incident. There is a story out there about him holding the Xanax for a female friend, which would have been a really dumb idea. It doesn't seem like he is a bad kid, maybe just one that made a dumb decision.

He is a 3 star player.

All reports seem to point to him being a class act outside of this incident. There is a story out there about him holding the Xanax for a female friend, which would have been a really dumb idea. It doesn't seem like he is a bad kid, maybe just one that made a dumb decision.
I'm not buying that story, with 20 Xanax and $1300 in cash on hand. Regardless, he plead guilty to the lessor offense and is likely on a long probation term which probably include testing. He's on a short leash and this staff will have somebody shadowing him.

I'm not buying that story, with 20 Xanax and $1300 in cash on hand. Regardless, he plead guilty to the lessor offense and is likely on a long probation term which probably include testing. He's on a short leash and this staff will have somebody shadowing him.
I'm not sure I do either. The challenging thing is we don't know all the information so it is tough to really form an opinion. Perrin and Herman have all the details and I hope that they made the right call. From what I have heard, I think they did but time will tell. He will be monitored very closely I'm sure.

What does Xanax go for on the street? 1300 cash is too much cash to be carrying around regardless of it's legitimacy, but it's not exactly an absurd amount for a one to have. I can't imagine xanax being as common as it is selling for much on the street, so I would guess a good portion of could easily be legitimate. I had well north of that (in a bank account) at his age and my parents didn't make anything close to a CBB coach salary. I suppose if I was stupid I could have carried around a gangsters roll.

He only had 20 because he had sold a bunch....From the web...Buyers could purchase two 2 mg Xanax pills for $5. In response to difficult economic conditions, the price of this street drug has gone up, and today users may pay up to $5 or even $6 for one 2 mg pill. In South Carolina, this narcotic typically costs $7 per 2 mg........ So,lets say he got $10 for a pill....that is 130 pills he sold within a 1000 feet of a school......you figure out who his customers are.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
He only had 20 because he had sold a bunch....From the web...Buyers could purchase two 2 mg Xanax pills for $5. In response to difficult economic conditions, the price of this street drug has gone up, and today users may pay up to $5 or even $6 for one 2 mg pill. In South Carolina, this narcotic typically costs $7 per 2 mg........ So,lets say he got $10 for a pill....that is 130 pills he sold within a 1000 feet of a school......you figure out who his customers are.
Ya. Imma have to agree with you.

It's crazy that the DA even allowed this to be pled down given the open and shut nature of the facts you just presented. Why is he able to command $10 a pill if the street value is 5-7? Is he a drug kingpin who has the market cornered?

It's crazy that the DA even allowed this to be pled down given the open and shut nature of the facts you just presented. Why is he able to command $10 a pill if the street value is 5-7? Is he a drug kingpin who has the market cornered?
Just because anyone with half a brain knows where the $1,300 came from doesn't mean it can be proven in a court of law.

He is a 3 star player.

Every body says thy was holding it for someone else when they get their ass busted...LOL!

Hook'em

If this continues then we are gonna be a buncha thugs like Baylor, instead of pulling up to stadium in a nice bus, it will be pulling up in a TDC chain Bus..LOL!

But, I do agree with clob, should prove himself before he came to Texas

Hook'em

Just because anyone with half a brain knows where the $1,300 came from doesn't mean it can be proven in a court of law.

I guess, but if any of us had half a brain, we probably wouldn't be posting here.

Come Back Ramounce to Texas, We are sorry! We didn't mean it, we now know that you was holding it for someone else..

Hook'em

really..that is what you got from that ???????? it was just a rough number....

So,lets say he got $10 for a pill

really..that is what you got from that ???????? it was just a rough number....

So,lets say he got $10 for a pill

Just strange that you would break out the street value like you did and forecast a 43-100% increase in price.

Just strange that you would break out the street value like you did and forecast a 43-100% increase in price.
there you go MR Wizard....now he had 230 pills he sold for #1300 within 1000 feet of a school......feel better ?

You called Xanax (Alprazolam) a narcotic. It's neither a legal nor a medical narcotic. It's a CNS depressant and a controlled substance, but it's a Schedule IV drug. That means it is allowed to be prescribed in the USA, and that there is a low potential for abuse and dependence.

(Obviously, having a kid sell them on the street leads directly to abuse.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT