ADVERTISEMENT

Reese Leitao is in:

You called Xanax (Alprazolam) a narcotic. It's not. It's a CNS depressant and a controlled substance, but it's Schedule IV. That means it can be prescribed, and that there is a low potential for abuse and dependence.
Not so sure about your comments about benzo's being low potential for abuse and dependence? Where'd you get that? The CNS depressants like xanax have an extremely short half life and require higher and higher dosages for the same effect over a relatively short period of time. Also, if you have used them therapeutically for more that say, a couple weeks you don't just quit taking them cold turkey simply due to the side effects and dangers associated with their withdrawal. MOst folks are on that kind of medication for years.

Reactions: Bwilk55
I agree Hornsrule. I truly am for second chances when someone is contrite or looks intent on righting a wrong. However, if it is dealing drugs to young kids then I am not convinced a football scholarship is the type of second chance he deserves. I admit, I don't know all of the facts of the case, but, just what was glossed over on the internet. Thus, I shouldn't judge based on speculation.
Agreed, on basically all points.

This whole scenario puts Longhorn alums & fans in an awkward position, given that we tend to see our program as morally good, especially in comparison. Coach Strong had tough discipline in most ways, albeit ones that didn't always translate into wins. And now we've got Perrin and Coach Herman saying this is acceptable, as long as Leitao sticks to the true and narrow. Even if he manages to do that, there are risks to the program here. But it's not my call to have to make. (I was with Godz40Acres in thinking there was no chance of this.)

The CNS depressants like xanax have an extremely short half life and require higher and higher dosages for the same effect over a relatively short period of time. Also, if you have used them therapeutically for more that say, a couple weeks you don't just quit taking them cold turkey simply due to the side effects and dangers associated with their withdrawal.
It is a controlled substance so there is potential for addiction/abuse. You can quit cold turkey no problem. It is no where near the addictive properties of oxycodone and hydrocodone. It is the least potent of anti-anxiety as compared to valium/ativan. BTW, a short half life is a good thing in this case.

really..that is what you got from that ???????? it was just a rough number....

So,lets say he got $10 for a pill

1300 is a lotta money to hold for someome plus pills...musta been a good friend , wonder if he named his good friend he was holding for?

Hook'em

I for one am sick of this discussion. Nothing is going to change. I admit to having opinions based on what I THINK might have been the facts of this case, but I realize I have no idea other than what I read on message boards, and everyone knows if you see it on the internet it has to be true.

Ya'll carry on and I will get back to you when the discussion changes.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
It is a controlled substance so there is potential for addiction/abuse. You can quit cold turkey no problem. It is no where near the addictive properties of oxycodone and hydrocodone. It is the least potent of anti-anxiety as compared to valium/ativan. BTW, a short half life is a good thing in this case.
I agree somewhat but as far as quitting cold turkey, I don't agree. Now, I'm talking about someone taking theuropeutic levels daily for an extended time. You may be referring to just recreational use which I could agree with. I had a family member that used a benzo for years for anxiety etc. she decided to quit cold turkey and it did not end well for her. That stuff can have a horrible effect on your body and mind if taken continuously. It's meant for a short term remedy but some folks take it everyday to cope and that's where the body builds up an addition that you can't just quit cold turkey.

lol....too many assumptions on the cash. The kid comes from a well to do family, his old man makes well over 500K per as a college BB coach.

Ask yourself 3 questions related to this case.

1. Who may potentially benefit the most?
2. Who may be harmed the most?
3. Are innocent bystanders being put in harms way?

To me the answers are Leitao, Perrin and Herman, and No. The answer to number 3 is very important and separates this case from those of the Mixon/Baylor types.

Reactions: q1w2e3
The posters that think it's not very addictive are sadly mistaken. You. should educate yourself if you have children. They have horrible withdrawals and cold turkey will sometimes cause seizures. The worse thing they did was not punish him. Selling drugs with $1300 on you stupid. Excellent way to get shot. My brother was all district QB at Westwood and he was coddle at school and at home. Rules meant nothing to him. He went to rehab to stay out of jail one time. Where he got all kinds of connections for every drug he wanted. I'm anxious to find out who bailed him out the second time. He has eight siblings and he was the youngest to die out of nine. Everyone of us refused to bail him out. Williamson county would have taught him a lesson. Travis County keep asking for delays where you can be murdered waiting for trial. Read about benzo withdrawals for the naive posters on this thread.

Reactions: LonghornMM
The real question that should be asked is....."would he have gotten a red shirt year at oklahoma for this?"

In all seriousness I don't think ou or their fans have anything to say on this matter.

I'm sure the kid made a bad decision......yes he punched the girl and got caught on camera but he was obviously sorry.......errrrr uhhhh my bad wrong player

The posters that think it's not very addictive are sadly mistaken. You. should educate yourself if you have children. They have horrible withdrawals and cold turkey will sometimes cause seizures. The worse thing they did was not punish him. Selling drugs with $1300 on you stupid. Excellent way to get shot. My brother was all district QB at Westwood and he was coddle at school and at home. Rules meant nothing to him. He went to rehab to stay out of jail one time. Where he got all kinds of connections for every drug he wanted. I'm anxious to find out who bailed him out the second time. He has eight siblings and he was the youngest to die out of nine. Everyone of us refused to bail him out. Williamson county would have taught him a lesson. Travis County keep asking for delays where you can be murdered waiting for trial. Read about benzo withdrawals for the naive posters on this thread.
Putting words in my mouth? I said it's Schedule IV, meaning it could be worse. My information came from the DEA and medical sites.

Either there are drugs that are worse, or else Xanax ought to be higher on the list (Schedule III). Also, I mentioned the side effects, including seizures.

Dealing drugs is never a good idea. It's not good for those who take the drugs, and as you've clearly pointed out, it can be dangerous for the dealer, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT