ADVERTISEMENT

Russia vs Ukraine celebrity deathmatch

Meh. What good is glassing half of Asia going to do? No more Siberian tigers, or Siberian Gulags, for that matter. No more cheap vodka. No more Beluga Caviar. No more 900 page novels that make you want to kill yourself. Sure, we can still make Russian dressing, and Moscow mules, and white Russians, or even black Russians, watch Rocky 4, Red Dawn and the Hunt for Red October-- but there's 160 million Russian citizens that didn't do sh!t to Ukraine. There are Russians protesting this and being arrested daily. Many of them will never be heard from again.

I've got no love for Putin. Say what you want about him, but do you realize how smart, ruthless, cunning and savvy you have to be to run that nation as its head since the 90s? Dude is an asshole, but he's a smart asshole.
You might seem to have a love of Putin. Never the less he could be taken out with the push of a button. I mean, right after my post. That quick.

Dude...... ruck up. Let's do this. Get our asymmetric war on. A little fertilizer, a little petrol, some ground Styrofoam, an L shaped ambush and it's all tits and giggles at that point.
Now if there was an equivalent effort by a large group of patriots to head to the southern border as a show of force count me in. I’m still waiting for something similar to the Freedom Convoy to head to one of the flash points down there.

Now if there was an equivalent effort by a large group of patriots to head to the southern border as a show of force count me in. I’m still waiting for something similar to the Freedom Convoy to head to one of the flash points down there.
I was in Laredo 2-4 days a week up until August 2021. Its was pretty boring down there. I,d take my mountain bike down there and ride the La Bota Trails when it isn't crazy hot. Still pretty calm even down by the river.

That's different. Trust me-- I'd LOVE the opportunity to shwack cartel members causing problems in my state-- but the reality is this-- Jesus Mal Verde is being listened to by the cartels. Basically, he said "kill each other all you want but leave the gringos alone. Gringos bring military, they bring law enforcement, they bring lawyers and they bring press."

The biggest fight we have down there isn't with the people. The citizens of mexico are sick of this sh!t too. They just can't stop it. We need to take the gloves off of our Tier 1 assets and Intel people and go rip sh!t riot on the cartels. Every ship coming from China with fentanyl, sieze it and auction that fvcker off. Kick China in the nuts early, and then when the cartels start to scramble and get desperate because their supply chain is cut off, decapitate them.

Problem is, this will never happen. Too much money given through PACs by cartels to politicians.

Don't believe me?

That's different. Trust me-- I'd LOVE the opportunity to shwack cartel members causing problems in my state-- but the reality is this-- Jesus Mal Verde is being listened to by the cartels. Basically, he said "kill each other all you want but leave the gringos alone. Gringos bring military, they bring law enforcement, they bring lawyers and they bring press."

The biggest fight we have down there isn't with the people. The citizens of mexico are sick of this sh!t too. They just can't stop it. We need to take the gloves off of our Tier 1 assets and Intel people and go rip sh!t riot on the cartels. Every ship coming from China with fentanyl, sieze it and auction that fvcker off. Kick China in the nuts early, and then when the cartels start to scramble and get desperate because their supply chain is cut off, decapitate them.

Problem is, this will never happen. Too much money given through PACs by cartels to politicians.

Don't believe me?
Believe me when I tell you I could add plenty
details here but won’t.

A southern border Freedom Convoy-style citizen show of force isn’t necessarily about catching illegals or whacking cartel members. Sometimes publicity helps drive action. Trudeau hated the publicity of the honking horns in Ottawa so much he had to do something.

Imagine thousands of patriot truckers and pickups amassed at the flash points (Del Rio, Roma, La Joya, Donna, etc,) focusing the world’s attention on the open border problems. What would the administration do? Seize our pickups? Freeze our bank accounts? Tell us we can’t peacefully assemble? Lock our FB, Twitter, Tik Tok accounts so we can’t coordinate? Seize our phones while we’re taking videos of the Rio Grande? Have the FBI visit our homes? It would certainly be an egg in the face of the administration.

Sometimes taking some action - however insignificant it may be in the grand scheme of things - makes people feel better than merely being an internet keyboard warrior. Besides, there is that pesky First Amendment “freedom of assembly” thing on our side.

I’m signing up in a heartbeat. Why? Because I still believe in the Constitution and I’m making full use of that First Amendment while it’s still around. Oh, and I’m feeling a bit frisky for a good legal fight (law dispute, not physical fight for the avoidance of doubt).

Last edited:

Wanted you to know that I did read your post. And while I agree about cutting off supply, and that China is generally our foe, there's a demand side component to the issue you raise which makes it a lot more complicated. However, since I think you and I will have a tough time finding middle ground on most issues, it probably won't be productive for us to debate it here. I'll give you the last word if you'd like.

Wanted you to know that I did read your post. And while I agree about cutting off supply, and that China is generally our foe, there's a demand side component to the issue you raise which makes it a lot more complicated. However, since I think you and I will have a tough time finding middle ground on most issues, it probably won't be productive for us to debate it here. I'll give you the last word if you'd like.
No last word needed. My southern border point was more about patriotically assembling and being vocal so that our own problems are not forgotten. It wasn’t intended as an attempt to fix the supply side (and ignore the demand side). I agree both sides matter and it’s extremely complicated. We both care for our country above all else. That matters.

Sit back, grab some popcorn and watch how our spineless, I mean fearless leadership responds once it goes down.

Unrestrained dgaf dictator vs thoroughly corrupt Ukraine government vs woke progressive inept western politicians. Hollywood couldn't write a more entertaining script.
I meant to ask you--- and I don't know why I never asked one of my buddies before....

I have a buddy that works for a small arms manufacturer. They are currently working on a 5.7 PDW thats supposed to be hot sh!t. He and I were talking over the weekend and he told me they were going to market (eventually) to the PPD people. Buy he said his wet dream would be to get in with SOCOM. I drew a complete blank because I know I've been told how it worked at Bragg-- but I can't for the life of me remember.

So when Sig or FN or Remington or whoever sends a rep out with new toys that need played with, what's the SOP? You guys just show up to the range and they're handing them out like Callaway drivers at a golf tourney? Do they just throw them at you and say "here you go boys. Fire this fvcker until you melt the barrel."

I remember hearing a second hand story about an operator that didn't like a certain weapon that he tested out and it ended up in a swimming pool..... don't know if that's true or not...
But I know, at some point, you got to kick the tires on the Honeybadger-- lucky bastard--

And don't gimme that TS/SCI bologna-- I know you can talk about it-- but I was just curious about the process. I'm assuming Sig doesn't throw a sidearm at you and tell you to keep it for a month and see if you like how it feels under your pillow while you sleep....

Typically the provider will meet with the DCD (director of combat development, usually an O6 in the Army) for the branch (infantry, armor, AFA...) and demonstrate how the new capability will enhance his warfighting capability. Once he is hooked, trials can begin.

Typically the provider will meet with the DCD (director of combat development, usually an O6 in the Army) for the branch (infantry, armor, AFA...) and demonstrate how the new capability will enhance his warfighting capability. Once he is hooked, trials can begin.
Right. That's for Big Green. I thought it was different for SOF.

I meant to ask you--- and I don't know why I never asked one of my buddies before....

I have a buddy that works for a small arms manufacturer. They are currently working on a 5.7 PDW thats supposed to be hot sh!t. He and I were talking over the weekend and he told me they were going to market (eventually) to the PPD people. Buy he said his wet dream would be to get in with SOCOM. I drew a complete blank because I know I've been told how it worked at Bragg-- but I can't for the life of me remember.

So when Sig or FN or Remington or whoever sends a rep out with new toys that need played with, what's the SOP? You guys just show up to the range and they're handing them out like Callaway drivers at a golf tourney? Do they just throw them at you and say "here you go boys. Fire this fvcker until you melt the barrel."

I remember hearing a second hand story about an operator that didn't like a certain weapon that he tested out and it ended up in a swimming pool..... don't know if that's true or not...
But I know, at some point, you got to kick the tires on the Honeybadger-- lucky bastard--

And don't gimme that TS/SCI bologna-- I know you can talk about it-- but I was just curious about the process. I'm assuming Sig doesn't throw a sidearm at you and tell you to keep it for a month and see if you like how it feels under your pillow while you sleep....
By the time a new toy made its way down the ranks and handed over for field testing, it has already long since been put through the technical/spec/& capability wringer. At the bottom of the ladder it typically went something like this:
Here's a new pos that somebody paid Washington big dollars to put in your hands and say it's better. Tell me why you hate it & let me know how you broke it.
And we would.
Back then, something had to have significant improvement over what was already available to even be considered. Parity was a loss.

Procedures have to be much different now in the kinder, gentler, more understanding, woke services.

Reactions: clob94
I’m looking at this from the perspective of my country. The China/Mexican cartel fentanyl pipeline is real and not mere saber rattling. Same with the Wuhan virus: real economic and physical harm. Sure, saber rattling against Taiwan but I care more about direct harms to my country.
Fentanyl is only being used because narcotics are illegal. If heroin and morphine were legal, they would run fentanyl out of business. Furthermore, if not for pain management departments at university medical schools, our narcotic problem would not have exploded as it has for 20 years. I did cardiac anesthesia for years, so I'm pretty experienced.

Your next POTUS. The audio is worth your listen. This interview happened this morning on a radio show called The Morning Hustle.

• Sad
Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT