ADVERTISEMENT

San Jose St vs TEXAS *** Game Thread ***

Well Herman has thus job in part due to his ability at Houston to get his team ready for and win big games. We will see how the team comes out next week.
Ok. Against a much more talented USC, that has a great QB, at home. That will be a very difficult game to win regardless if we are up for the game.

Reactions: Cotton #12
I know he got the job because TH thought that he gave the team the best chance to win. I promise that the starter next week will be the QB that TH thinks gives him the best chance to win.
Sure he got the job because Herman thought he gave the team the best chance to win at the time. That doesn't mean

1. He was right
2 that it can't change at any given point.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Ok. Against a much more talented USC, that has a great QB, at home. That will be a very difficult game to win regardless if we are up for the game.
Sure. My point is Herman got the Texas job in part due to thing like beating OU and Louisville both teams that were perceived to be more talented than Herman's Houston teams. Herman got them prepared to win those games and that's What put him on the map as a sought after guy.

Aaron on HS says he heard that Shane was going to be out up to 3 weeks. Funny to see the differences of opinion on the different sites. All the staff on HS are pretty solid that Shane should be the QB, but many in the peanut gallery disagree. Over at TFB there is a concensus that Shane should be the man.

One thing we haven't talked about much either is the durability question with Shane. About halfway though last year he got hurt, tried to play through it but it was ovbious he wasn't quite the same guy. Now game 1 of the season this year he gets hurt can't play game 2. Something worth watching going forward

I'm flipping back and forth between ou & usc games and I can confidently say we need some miraculous improvement to hang with either of them. Pains me to say it but the sooners are looking really good.
Usc is gonna light up our secondary something ugly.
I'll call my cousin in the bayou and ask him to visit the local voodoo lady for some help. We gonna need it.

I'm flipping back and forth between ou & usc games and I can confidently say we need some miraculous improvement to hang with either of them. Pains me to say it but the sooners are looking really good.
I'll call my cousin in the bayou and ask him to visit the local voodoo lady for some help. We gonna need it.

Finally someone knows a voodoo lady please do to change our luck

USC thus week and last has had trouble with the run game. If Herman commits to pounding Warren maybe using Heard on some plays. I think they have a fighting chance.

USC thus week and last has had trouble with the run game. If Herman commits to pounding Warren maybe using Heard on some plays. I think they have a fighting chance.
Stanford is freakin dedicated to the run game though. So far Ive seen them squeeze in extra linemen & stack 2, 3 & pretty sure 4 TE's. I think they'd give anybody trouble trying to defend that.

Stanford is freakin dedicated to the run game though. So far Ive seen them squeeze in extra linemen & stack 2, 3 & pretty sure 4 TE's. I think they'd give anybody trouble trying to defend that.
Very true they can run the football against anyone, but Westren Michigan also run the ball against USC. So does appear to be a weakness there. Our guys have proven over the last year and 2 games they can run to if the coaches call it.
I also think you showed the Heard package today. A gadget play or two with him isn't a bad idea. Like a reverse pass or a flea flicker. Something like that.

Sure he got the job because Herman thought he gave the team the best chance to win at the time. That doesn't mean

1. He was right
2 that it can't change at any given point.

I'm not going to waste the time it would take to type out the obvious fallacy in your logic. Uncle

I'm pretty sure Ronald Jones already flashed the horns down sign after his last touchdown against Stanford.

I'm not going to waste the time it would take to type out the obvious fallacy in your logic. Uncle
There is no fallacy. Herman thought Shane gave the team the best chance to win, but if you listen to him when he named Shane the starter last week it wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement his exact words were "he's our starter today". This week he tells the LHN crew that Sam reminds him of JT Barrett, and said that watching Heard in practice made him think they should of considered him more than they did

So I'm not sure he's ever been fully committed to Shane and events of the week it certainly sounds like have caused him to reevaluate his thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT