ADVERTISEMENT

San Jose St vs TEXAS *** Game Thread ***

Again, CAN ANYONE TELL ME. Why we cant kick a touchback? I miss Justin Tucker..
So allow me to explain:

During a kickoff, force is applied from the foot of the kicker to the ball. The force is generated by the strength of the leg muscles of the kicker. A certain amount of force must be exerted in order to force the football to fly 70+ yards. The weight of the football, approximately 14 ounces, (assuming a constant psi) must be factored into the equation. Other ancillary factors must be accounted for like, wind speed and direction, barometric pressure, temperature and relative humidity, and the rotation of the earth. After factoring these variables we can come up with a ballistic coefficient that will explain to us the necessary arc the ball must travel, while fighting gravitational pull, in order to make it to the end zone. At this point we know the desired arc the ball must travel and the relative speed needed to attain this arc. Once this is calculated, we must determine the pounds per square inch of force needed to traverse the football along this flight path. The bridge of the kicker shoe is roughly 3 inches long and one inch wide. So 3 in sq. Since the speed of his foot and the velocity and weight of his foot must be taken into account, I must first know the weight of his foot before I could continue my calculations.

But the short answer is, the mother fvcker needs to get in the weight room.

If Sam is going to start, i need to see some TD'S that will be the biggest confidence booster.

So allow me to explain:

During a kickoff, force is applied from the foot of the kicker to the ball. The force is generated by the strength of the leg muscles of the kicker. A certain amount of force must be exerted in order to force the football to fly 70+ yards. The weight of the football, approximately 14 ounces, (assuming a constant psi) must be factored into the equation. Other ancillary factors must be accounted for like, wind speed and direction, barometric pressure, temperature and relative humidity, and the rotation of the earth. After factoring these variables we can come up with a ballistic coefficient that will explain to us the necessary arc the ball must travel, while fighting gravitational pull, in order to make it to the end zone. At this point we know the desired arc the ball must travel and the relative speed needed to attain this arc. Once this is calculated, we must determine the pounds per square inch of force needed to traverse the football along this flight path. The bridge of the kicker shoe is roughly 3 inches long and one inch wide. So 3 in sq. Since the speed of his foot and the velocity and weight of his foot must be taken into account, I must first know the weight of his foot before I could continue my calculations.

But the short answer is, the mother fvcker needs to get in the weight room.

LMAO at first i wanted to call you a a$$ but it was funny.

Nice blast from the past. I liked Hodges. Hodges had much better balance and slashing ability. (If I remember correctly)
Yes, i dont think porter is as good either but kind of reminds me of Hodges or they want him to be. Maybe Vondrell McGee is a better comparison for Porter

Reactions: westx
Well at least we dont have to worry about hearing.."Charlie Strong and USF won by this many." I think Texas showed up and did what it was suppose to do today with a Fresh QB. I still wanted 56-0 blow out style though.

Ill take it though.

Reactions: westx
I also wish Sam would have got some TD'S passing. Would be a huge boost to him going into USC.

Well Herman has thus job in part due to his ability at Houston to get his team ready for and win big games. We will see how the team comes out next week.

Reactions: hookem777
Well guys I'm calling this game. Done deal! LOL good job by the team to come back and do what was expected. Destroy! Great job Warren and Sam! Cheers Horns!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT