ADVERTISEMENT

San Jose St vs TEXAS *** Game Thread ***

Sam has a bigger arm than Shane. Idk about accuracy but def bigger.

The cheerleaders on the sidelines confirmed it. Did you see them running up and pointing to the ground?

Reactions: hookem777
As much as i like the Heard package, Warren has 13 yards a carry and we still wont just run with him to make the job easier for Sam...i just dont get it.

The main difference I see between Sam and Boo is that Sam isn't afraid to make the tough throws across the middle. Dude is a gamer.

Reactions: hookem777
Guys this is SJS not USC not OU hell not even Maryland. I dont think its fair to just say Shane isn't the guy. However i do agree Sam looks a lot better than he did in the spring game.

I'm only impressed that we're beating an inferior team like we should. Still a lot of mistakes on both sides we'll need to get some more confidence and maturity to beat USC.

But more importantly did anyone else notice we called back to back pass plays over the middle? 10 and in and a 3 yard slant? We making strides now boys.

Sam doing lots of looking at the sideline. They are signaling in a formation, lining up, the coaches are looking at the D and calling the play. If D adjusts, coaches signal in a hot route.

We used to call that "Trips right, max pro, check with me".

So Sam isn't really reading the D and making an adjustment, the coaches are. Bottle feeding needed for the young pup.

21-0 ain't shabby.

Sam has had enough time to eat lunch and still not that fast in making his reads but that is a freshman that will improve over time.He is doing well for his 1st start.

He doesn't have to throw the ball to know he is fit. You want to argue Ward Jr was a thrower before TH came to Houston? And I guess you also didn't see what he did with 3 different qbs at tosu

Robo I'm going to assume you've had a few brews because thinking Heard is a QB because he can run and that's it makes me concerned. You think Heard coming in against USC to just run is going to work? If so better drink a few more before watching next weekend.

Sam doing lots of looking at the sideline. They are signaling in a formation, lining up, the coaches are looking at the D and calling the play. If D adjusts, coaches signal in a hot route.

We used to call that "Trips right, max pro, check with me".

So Sam isn't really reading the D and making an adjustment, the coaches are. Bottle feeding needed for the young pup.

21-0 ain't shabby.
To be honest, the best way to help Sam, Heard, Shane IDC WHO...RUN WARREN...7 carries 90-something yards..i mean common man it doesn't take a scientist to figure it out.

Reactions: westx
Robo I'm going to assume you've had a few brews because thinking Heard is a QB because he can run and that's it makes me concerned. You think Heard coming in against USC to just run is going to work? If so better drink a few more before watching next weekend.

Okay let me break it down for you TH made a qb out of ward next he also made a qb out of Jones

Okay let me break it down for you TH made a qb out of ward next he also made a qb out of Jones

Ok but he obviously thinks Heard is only a dangerous runner. I haven't seen him throw anything. TH said he has plays for Heard but every play has been a run in fact the same type of play was ran for Warren so is Warren a fit at QB too?

whoa,Who are we playing today?
I know it's SJSU. It's not about the stats, score, results. It's just the fact that their skill sets fit more what Herman is looking for. I mean Herman himself compared Sam to JT Barrett and said after watching Heard in practice that he may of been to quick to dismiss him as an option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT