ADVERTISEMENT

Spring ball is finally here

you should change your user name or be banned

LGF3839.phone.jpg

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Personnel was an issue and appears to be better this year, but let’s not kid ourselves the play calling was awful.

Agree play calling was suspect but I believe TH will feel this Spring out and see what Beck is able to do with the offense. I suspect another year in we should see some progress but until we see it in action we won't really know for sure.

I get the idea that the play calling is going to be a blend of Herman and Hand.

Not only that Cotton....but along with the crappy line play came QB injuries. What in hell would have worked?

Reactions: Metcalf #2
An early look at the upcoming schedule. First thing is when you consider who we've lost to the last few seasons we can't assume anything.

9/1 @ MD dyk it's at Fed Ex field where the Redskins play? We need to put a payback on these guys.
9/8 Tulsa this is the one guaranteed win this year.
9/15 SC
9/22 TCU
9/29 @ KSU
10/6 RRR
10/13 Baylor
10/20 bye
10/27 @ OSU
11/3 WV
11/10 @ TT
11/17 ISU
11/23 @ KS

You know I just realized we have 3 straight home games. I hope we've improved enough to take SC this year. It's the start of the toughest 4 game stretch we will play this year. After that we play TCU in Austin and we need.to give these guys a payback. Then we go to KSU where we've only won once. Then comes the OK game need i say anything more?

Then comes Baylor in Austin and the bye week after that. That gives us two weeks to prepare for the OSU game. We're 2/6 against them this decade.

WV & TT come next. Then we have ISU in Austin. For the very first time I will pay attention to what ISU does. I know they lost a lot of seniors but Matt Campbell is a coach on the rise. We close at KS and you remember what happened the last time we played there.

So for me how we do between the SC and OK games will determine just what kind of team we will have in 2018.

Prognostication at this point is dangerous. We don't know what we've got...... or what the enemy has. Let's let spring ball shake out, see who, what, and which fifth year seniors move into or out of programs and when the dust settles, we can dig into this.

There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.

An early look at the upcoming schedule. First thing is when you consider who we've lost to the last few seasons we can't assume anything.

9/1 @ MD dyk it's at Fed Ex field where the Redskins play? We need to put a payback on these guys.
9/8 Tulsa this is the one guaranteed win this year.
9/15 SC
9/22 TCU
9/29 @ KSU
10/6 RRR
10/13 Baylor
10/20 bye
10/27 @ OSU
11/3 WV
11/10 @ TT
11/17 ISU
11/23 @ KS

You know I just realized we have 3 straight home games. I hope we've improved enough to take SC this year. It's the start of the toughest 4 game stretch we will play this year. After that we play TCU in Austin and we need.to give these guys a payback. Then we go to KSU where we've only won once. Then comes the OK game need i say anything more?

Then comes Baylor in Austin and the bye week after that. That gives us two weeks to prepare for the OSU game. We're 2/6 against them this decade.

WV & TT come next. Then we have ISU in Austin. For the very first time I will pay attention to what ISU does. I know they lost a lot of seniors but Matt Campbell is a coach on the rise. We close at KS and you remember what happened the last time we played there.

So for me how we do between the SC and OK games will determine just what kind of team we will have in 2018.

Just wondering with the Texas offensive line last year what plays you would have called that would have worked?

Exactly. Not only was the OL terrible, but you only have two QBs on freakin campus. Neither of which is proven, one is fragile as eggs, the other in high school last year, so you have to worry about getting them hurt and not having any QB. Love to see what OC look good under those conditions. Some people expect miracles no matter what.

Exactly. Not only was the OL terrible, but you only have two QBs on freakin campus. Neither of which is proven, one is fragile as eggs, the other in high school last year, so you have to worry about getting them hurt and not having any QB. Love to see what OC look good under those conditions. Some people expect miracles no matter what.
I don't disagree, but, I really believed on a couple of games (which I can’t remember specifically), where we needed a touchdown, Colin Johnson was not used. He has the tools and better yet, the tough mindset to win most jump ball passes.

The QBs was running their asses off like they was at a Track Meet trying to get away from the Dline cause no blocking

Hook'em

I don't disagree, but, I really believed on a couple of games (which I can’t remember specifically), where we needed a touchdown, Colin Johnson was not used. He has the tools and better yet, the tough mindset to win most jump ball passes.

you must mean alledgedly....because I dont remember one...single...time...where they threw a jump ball to him in the end zone...or even for a first down.

you must mean alledgedly....because I dont remember one...single...time...where they threw a jump ball to him in the end zone...or even for a first down.
There are some, oldhorn, but, I just don't remember what games... He will fight for it. I will try to find something and post it if I get a chance.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Here is his highlight reel from the 1st two years. And, I got the second video from twitter-I think you will like it.

I will say this. We need the Maryland game if we’re going to have a good season. You hate to say that about game 1, but man it’s hard to get to 8-9 wins without that one and another clunker on opening weekend would really kill a lot of the momentum Herman has built since the bowl win.

Wasn't this dude in high school like a month ago? Dude is a freak, in the best way possible!
DeleAdeoye20

Ayodele Adeoye from spring ball (if the picture doesn't load correctly)

A former team mate of mine that I trust told me we look skecthy at rb.

That is all for now

ADVERTISEMENT