ADVERTISEMENT

Spring ball is finally here

A former team mate of mine that I trust told me we look skecthy at rb.

That is all for now

With improved OL play and depth, the RB position should be better than last year though. With last year's OL, no RB would have put up big numbers.

I don't disagree, but, I really believed on a couple of games (which I can’t remember specifically), where we needed a touchdown, Colin Johnson was not used. He has the tools and better yet, the tough mindset to win most jump ball passes.

This is a big year for Collin.

Right now he is a nice receiver, but he needs to take it to the next level in the upcoming season. If the QB's get the coverage they need he could become really special. He should be stronger with another year in the weight program.

It's sort of funny that with OL problems we were in all the games with the exception of a couple. We lost some to stupid QB decisions and broken defensive coverage. I'm thinking most of that will be cleaned up this season and hopefully we don't get many bone headed plays out of the QB position.

Not worried about RBs. Not that I think they are awesome, just that they are serviceable enough for this offense to progress. OL and QB play are the real question marks.

Last year we won 6 regular season games.

I think we could have a great defense this year and if we have a decent offense we could win 8 maybe even 9 games this year.

If everything I've read about our off season workouts is true it looks we will have a team that is built to play a whole season.

Any news about LilJordan Humphrey. I haven't seen his name mentioned.

Last year we won 6 regular season games.

I think we could have a great defense this year and if we have a decent offense we could win 8 maybe even 9 games this year.

If everything I've read about our off season workouts is true it looks we will have a team that is built to play a whole season.

Any news about LilJordan Humphrey. I haven't seen his name mentioned.

4 of the loses were by less than a TD and one of the others was the first game with the new staff and systems. Fix the OL problems, clean up the QB mistakes, find a kicker, and 10 wins is a possibility if Herman is calling the plays.

Is this the first time since '10 or '12 that Texas has run the same offense in consecutive years?

Last edited:
Reactions: outhereincali
4 of the loses were by less than a TD and one of the others was the first game with the new staff and systems. Fix the OL problems, clean up the QB mistakes, find a kicker, and 10 wins is a possibility if Herman is calling the plays.

Is this the first time since '10 or '12 that Texas has run the same offense in consecutive years?

Yes

Is this right?

2010- G. Davis
2011- Harsin
2012- Harsin
2013- Major
2014- Watson
2015- Norvell/Traylor
2016- Gilbert
2017- Beck
2018- Beck/Herman??

Is this right?

2010- G. Davis
2011- Harsin
2012- Harsin
2013- Major
2014- Watson
2015- Norvell/Traylor
2016- Gilbert
2017- Beck
2018- Beck/Herman??

Across the board on O and D this will be by far the most consistent the staff has been one season to the next in a LONG time.

Reactions: outhereincali
I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch

Yeah, after watching the most advantaged college athletics program waste almost an entire decade in the three major sports, I'm done with the preseason (or even early-season) hype for any Texas football, basketball, or baseball team. I'll believe they won't suck once they actually show themselves to be a worth a sh*t.

Last edited:
So uh........

We aren't just sketchy at RB...... we flat out suck at it.

I'm going to one more practice. But we flat the fvck out suck in the backfield.

That is all.

So uh........

That is all.

Just read on another forum that they've moved Cameron Townsend to RB.

Said both Carter and Young have ball control problems.

Just read on another forum that they've moved Cameron Townsend to RB.

Said both Carter and Young have ball control problems.
How the fvck do they get info out that fast? There had to be spies at practice. Unreal.

Sh!t, ya'll don't need my insight if before I can even make it back to the SUV you're already getting updates. Damn.

How the fvck do they get info out that fast? There had to be spies at practice. Unreal.

Sh!t, ya'll don't need my insight if before I can even make it back to the SUV you're already getting updates. Damn.

It is from the players these days. The $9.95ers have two plus year long relationships talking to the kids before they get on campus.

It is from the players these days. The $9.95ers have two plus year long relationships talking to the kids before they get on campus.
Wait.... you're telling me that people on the pay site start talking to these kids when they are still in high school and then continue to pump them for info once they get into school?

If true, the SID (sports information director) should be sh!tting kittens and cracking skulls.

So uh........

That is all.

ODqyZyzQ_o.gif

Wait.... you're telling me that people on the pay site start talking to these kids when they are still in high school and then continue to pump them for info once they get into school?

If true, the SID (sports information director) should be sh!tting kittens and cracking skulls.

Good luck with that. This generation has grown up having their whole life documented online.

My concern is not the backs but the OL and DL which herman thought were the Strengths of the team when the season started last year.The OL has a long way to go after last season and it has a new coach so It must improve for the backs to run the ball.I feel better about the DL but a replacement for Ford is needed.

Ok...... so we are still sketch at RB. But our secondary looked really, really good. I don't have all the jersey numbers correlated with names yet, and some of those dudes look undeveloped body wise, but we have some athletes in our secondary. I know we signed a rediculous class this feb, but I don't know how many, if any, have enrolled early. Anybody know?

We have a chance to be good in the secondary over the next few years. Qb's aren't eye popping. OL and DL-- Meh. Plus, it's spring ball. Times have changed--- used to, spring ball was when those two units just beat the living crap out of each other. But I've noticed over the years that this has changed. There seems to be less emphasis on banging heads and more emphasis on technique. This is evident now. This makes it virtually impossible to tell how far along we are in our development.

Sorry boys, but it's a coin flip until I see the spring game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT