ADVERTISEMENT

Sterlin Gilbert i$ now a horn!

JMISASANO

May 4, 2012
Book it!

All you had to do was pay the guy in the first place to save this public embarrassment.

Even though he's a Co-OC at Tulsa, he understands that Texas has been through now 3 OCs in 3 years.

Why take such a major risk without getting paid to offset the possibility of Strong being released at the end of next season?

High risk environments command major compensation packages even for newbie OCs.

Last edited:
Sooooo was I anywhere near the numbers that I was being fed via text? 9 hundy k and he gets to bring his boy for 5 hundy k?

Sooooo was I anywhere near the numbers that I was being fed via text? 9 hundy k and he gets to bring his boy for 5 hundy k?

I hope you understand the MAJOR RISK a new OC is taking by coming to Austin. He should demand his terms even if he's only a co-OC at Tulsa. He doesn't have a pedigree to guarantee anything, if the defense continues as is and Texas goes south again.

This will allow him to hedge any possible bad case scenario.

I wonder what this would have looked like before the internet, the ridiculous online media buzz that goes with anything like this, and the fan-demanded instant gratification that we have now. I mean, on one hand my thought is that we would have started the week knowing we were looking for a coordinator... and ended the week knowing we got Gilbert and none of the in-between freaking out. But I will say that, who knows, maybe without all the internet rumors it would have been easier for ALL the candidates to say yes without all the inside info about each other's deals and who's rumored to be wanting to hire who else. Or, on the other hand, if not for the push-back that was coming after Gilbert seemed to turn down the initial deal, maybe they would have moved on?

But this has been a shit show... and we've all been part of it. Glad that it sounds... *knock on wood* like it's over and we have our guy.

Book it!

All you had to do was pay the guy in the first place to save this public embarrassment.

Even though he's a Co-OC at Tulsa, he understands that Texas has been through now 3 OCs in 3 years.

Why take such a major risk without getting paid to offset the possibility of Strong being released at the end of next season?

High risk environments command major compensation packages even for newbie OCs.

Don't you mean four OCs?

aggy has their own sh*t show to worry about without talking down ours. Whichever of us comes out worse is as yet undetermined. It is like aggy and we are locked in a race of incompetence versus ineptitude.

now kindly STFU and GTFO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT