ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops Retiring???

Give it a break dude, he's retired now and will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame, deal with it.

the goons have a long history of cheating
O245243.jpg

Feeling pretty confident that Stoops won't ever coach again at a high-profile program.

Might do the "care taker" thing at some school to bail out a friend, or maybe do a couple years a a D II program just to stay busy...

But I'm pretty sure he's had enough of the bright lights.

Bell...you may or may not remember that I was defending Stoops when several Sooners on this board were after his ass. I never liked Stoops but I respected him. I always thought he "got it" where MB didnt in so far as never letting off the gas when you were winning the game. DKR would build big leads and then send in the second string and keep the offense going. MB never wanted to embarrass an opponent, but DKR knew he had to get the second and third teamers ready to play when they would be needed down the line. It also protected the starters from useless injuries.

Yeah...he is a HOF coach, but he has holes in his resume that will prevent him from being among the elite of the elite.
I can agree with this post. The jackleg above that I was responding to was acting like Stoops is the only coach to have players arrested on his watch. I'm actually surprised there aren't more arrests at the big time schools. I can assure you it's not because Meyer or other coaches are driving around making sure everyone is in bed every night. It happens, I'd hate to be a college coach and have to hope kids make the right decisions away from home for the first time with ALL of the temptations etc.

Bell....the holes in Stoops resume had nothing to do with his allowing thug players around.

Texas A&M, Oklahoma among FBS leaders in player arrests over last five years

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...eaders-in-player-arrests-over-last-five-years

T Hill hits his girl friend, Gundy kicks off the team
Mixon puts a girl in the hospital, Stoops gives him a red shirt year

Okie U is like the Clintons. They think they are above the law

No, snowflake, the Clinton's are above the law. Next you'll be telling me that Stoops colluded with the Russians but won't be able to provide any shred of evidence. Why are you posting an article from 2 years ago?

Last edited:
Bell....the holes in Stoops resume had nothing to do with his allowing thug players around.
Who said it did? And I would venture to guess that during Stoops tenure, the number of thugs on the OU squad was on par with the number of thugs on the Texas team. Every team has them, OU and Texas are recruiting the same guys that all of the other big boy schools are. Could Stoops have handled a few recruit/player situations differently? You bet and I've always said that. But now that he's retired, those things are in the past and saying that he had X amount of players arrested sounds like someone who's all buthurt and when he's elected to the College Football Hall of Fame he'll fart in frankeaton's general direction and then chuckle.

No, snowflake, the Clinton's are above the law. Next you'll be telling me that Stoops colluded with the Russians but won't be able to provide any shred of evidence. Why are you posting an article from 2 years ago?

because Stoops was in his 17th (?) year

This was obvious, you don't leave a team with a Heisman leading QB and that offensive line for 'living your life' I honestly think he sees the writing on the wall and this year they will not meet expectations.
Herman being younger and hungry was also a factor.

Bob Stoops has two sons who are both seniors in HS and play football. Perhaps he wants to get away from the grind and be able to enjoy his sons senior years. In addition to his $2 million house he just built around Norman, he also has a house in the Chicago area. If Brian Kelly has another bad year and Notre Dame fires him, which seems pretty likely, I could see ND making a serious run at Stoops. Chicago isn't that far from South Bend, and Stoops would be a great hire for ND.

This situation with Bob Stoops is very similar to Urban Meyer a few years ago, when Meyer took off a year for health reasons. His name was mentioned for every big-time CFB opening that came up. I could see this same thing happen with Stoops. Is there more to the story with BS stepping down? Maybe. Maybe not. If there is something that caused him to "retire", it will eventually come out. It will be very interesting to follow what happens with Stoops this season and how many feelers/offers he's going to get, which will be a lot.

Stoops had a better team coming back, this would be like Meyer leaving when Tebow was a senior.

I'm enjoying all this speculating from both sides. Sooner fans are giving Riley advice on hiring and firing. Texas fans are trying to read the tea leaves. Stoops has the answer he commented that some people are having a problem with a man deciding what he wants to do with his life. Some coaches would sell their soul for an National Championship. He showed he's compfortable in his own skin. Frankeaton is the same as Scholz. His family will be bashing Stoops for generations. What a waste of brain matter in a person.

Reactions: Heisennberg
Who said it did? And I would venture to guess that during Stoops tenure, the number of thugs on the OU squad was on par with the number of thugs on the Texas team. Every team has them, OU and Texas are recruiting the same guys that all of the other big boy schools are. Could Stoops have handled a few recruit/player situations differently? You bet and I've always said that. But now that he's retired, those things are in the past and saying that he had X amount of players arrested sounds like someone who's all buthurt and when he's elected to the College Football Hall of Fame he'll fart in frankeaton's general direction and then chuckle.

you forgot to add his farts do not stink

Reactions: Belldozer1
talk about something useless....a fart that doesnt stink has no purpose at all

Oldhorn is that "pull my finger" dude.

the problem we all face by being on these public forum sites is that if we are not extremely careful we will eventually be "outed"....(back in my day we called that being ratted out)

Stoops had a better team coming back, this would be like Meyer leaving when Tebow was a senior.

Certainly favorite to win the big 12 with a chance at the playoffs and outside chance at a NC, but Florida was the reigning NC when Tebow was a senior, and as we saw last season there is gap between the top teams in OU. I don't think the Meyer analogy is accurate.

Oldhorn is that "pull my finger" dude.
I hope he isn't. Oldhorn, you older gentlemen need to be real careful telling your grandkids to pull your finger. Had a neighbor whose grandfather thought he had a fart so he told his grandson to pull his finger but instead of a dry fart it was a squirt worthy of ServPro remediation. I don't think the kid has ever recovered. Just be careful Oldhorn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT