ADVERTISEMENT

Sumlin really was winning with Sherman's players

utisdabomb12

Aug 12, 2013
It's amazing to see how unproductive Sumlin's '12, '13 and '14 classes have been.

In the 2012 class literally only 1 player out of 18 has really amounted to anything (Ifedi).

In the 2013 class the best player might be RSJ, and he's been average at best. The 2013 class was an absolute failure. Out of 35 commits there hasn't been a single player that's done much of anything.

The 2014 class is still young, but I really only saw 3 players this year that produced much of anything (Allen, Noil and Garrett). I personally think Allen is still very questionable. So 3 out of 22 players have been productive thus far.

It all makes sense now why Sumlin has regressed each year at A&M on the field. He really was winning with Sherman recruits. Sumlin won in 2012 with a bunch of Sherman recruits........ Manziel, Evans, Swopes, Moore, Stewart, Jenkins, Porter, Terrel and several others.

This post was edited on 2/9 9:59 PM by utisdabomb12

This post was edited on 2/9 10:03 PM by utisdabomb12

Noil will be the second coming of Odell Beckham Jr. and Garrett will be a top 10 pick his Jr. year. What I am not sure about is O-line talent and O-line talent development. They had 4 Seniors and 4 Juniors and 2 sophs on the two deep. Next year will be interesting to see what that O-line can do.

LOL, next there will be a post about banning the aggies for posting on this site. Way to go Bomb.

Originally posted by speedstrength:
Noil will be the second coming of Odell Beckham Jr. and Garrett will be a top 10 pick his Jr. year. What I am not sure about is O-line talent and O-line talent development. They had 4 Seniors and 4 Juniors and 2 sophs on the two deep. Next year will be interesting to see what that O-line can do.
There have been draft picks under Sumlin.

What there has not been are division championships, conference championships, etc, etc....

Funny - two aggies have responded to this insightful thread.

Neither have addressed bomb's (very) legitimate point in the least.

Both have instead attacked the messenger.

I think that says it all.

#WRTS really means We Ride the Sheep
th

DJ Rumlin at A&M:

Year 1: 5th place in conference
Year 2: 7th place
Year 3: 9th place

aggys, "We're on the right path!"
laugh.r191677.gif
You can't make that kind of idiocy up.

LOL, another player from the 2013 class is transferring from A&M (Jordan Mastrogivanni). Recruiting means nothing if you can't keep the players on the roster.

Geez Kyrion Parker is also transferring from A&M. That 2013 class was a complete disaster.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
LOL, another player from the 2013 class is transferring from A&M (Jordan Mastrogivanni). Recruiting means nothing if you can't keep the players on the roster.
You're not very good at this. He's retiring.

"You're not very good at this. He's retiring."

Point still remains, that '13 class is a dumpster fire. Your coach isn't very good at evaluating talent apparently. Your name is funny though.

This post was edited on 2/10 5:22 PM by utisdabomb12

You are right about the 2013 class, but totally wrong about 2014.
Starters from the 2014 class in year one: Garrett, Noil, Allen, Watts, Reynolds, Walker, Alaka
Guys that played a lot by bowl season: Wilson, Harvey, Cunningham, Henderson
All five OL reshirted, so I really have no idea if those guys can play.
I am probably missing some folks, but 2014 was a really good class. I would be shocked if 2015 is as good.

The fact that you are even including Alaka, Walker, Wilson, Harvey, Cunningham, Henderson and Watts really tells us how delusional you are aggy. Bravo, they started because your defense was complete trash. They didn't produce much of anything.

I said you were right about 2013. If you think your 2014 class was as good as ours, then I am wasting my time arguing. I am not one of the Aggies who claims our 2015 class is better than yours, because it is too close to call. 2014 was not close.

"I said you were right about 2013. If you think your 2014 class was as good as ours, then I am wasting my time arguing. I am not one of the Aggies who claims our 2015 class is better than yours, because it is too close to call. 2014 was not close."

When did I say our 2014 class was as good as yours? I think your 2014 class was good, but as a whole not great yet. I also think your 2013 class was a mess and you missed on critical needs in the 2015 class. IMO Sumlin is 1 for 3 in terms of recruiting classes (I won't even count the 2012 class since he only had a month). Sumlin's strength is recruiting and he's not that great of a recruiter. Sumlin had 1 pretty good class in 2014 because of crazy circumstances (I.e. Texas going through a coaching change and the Manziel hype). Sumlin's recruiting abilities have been drastically overrated.

This post was edited on 2/10 8:13 PM by utisdabomb12

Sorry. When you said I was delusional for naming players in our 2014 class, I assumed you thought the class was bad. Not trying to pick a fight, it is your board.

"I said you were right about 2013. If you think your 2014 class was as good as ours, then I am wasting my time arguing. I am not one of the Aggies who claims our 2015 class is better than yours, because it is too close to call. 2014 was not close."

When did I say our 2014 class was as good as yours? I think your 2014 class was good, but as a whole not great yet. I also think your 2013 class was a mess and you missed on critical needs in the 2015 class. IMO Sumlin is 1 for 3 in terms of recruiting classes (I won't even count the 2012 class since he only had a month). Sumlin's strength is recruiting and he's not that great of a recruiter. Sumlin had 1 pretty good class in 2014 because of crazy circumstances (I.e. Texas going through a coaching change and the Manziel hype). Sumlin's recruiting abilities have been drastically overrated.

Sumlin just went 15-6 against first year Strong. You can't be serious!

Originally posted by WeRunThisState:

Sumlin just went 15-6 against first year Strong. You can't be serious!

Who is this joke? Here we go again with this 15-6 crap. He must of not been here when this was talked about already. Oh yeah FIRST YEAR is your key word in your post also.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

"Sumlin just went 15-6 against first year Strong. You can't be serious!"

Which means absolutely nothing, but hey congrats on the moral victories. I'm sure you consider winning head to head battles with guys like Lockhart/Pryor/Bradford/etc as some type of great victory. When in actuality they are guys we never really pursued. But hey, once again congrats on winning something that's totally irrelevant.

This post was edited on 2/10 9:11 PM by utisdabomb12

The fact that you are even including Alaka, Walker, Wilson, Harvey, Cunningham, Henderson and Watts really tells us how delusional you are aggy. Bravo, they started because your defense was complete trash. They didn't produce much of anything.
"complete trash". Kind of like your offense, which will be the same this season.

Seriously, why bring this up? I mean your coach just took an 8-5 team full of four and five stars to 6-7. Are you really asking for this punishment?

"complete trash. Kind of like your offense, which will be the same this season."

Kind of like your defense that's been complete trash ever since Sumlin was there. Strong has shown the ability to field a good offense (see Louisville). Not so much for Sumlin defensively (see Houston and A&M).

This post was edited on 2/10 9:15 PM by utisdabomb12

"Seriously, why bring this up? I mean your coach just took an 8-5 team full of four and five stars to 6-7. Are you really asking for this punishment?"

Oh yes, let's just ignore all the other factors in play. Congrats on regressing under Sumlin each year . You do "run the state" in terms of cheating though. Bravo.

This post was edited on 2/10 9:17 PM by utisdabomb12

This post was edited on 2/10 9:20 PM by utisdabomb12

Link

Sumlin plays a totally different scheme than Sherman did. He has to get players to fit that scheme just like Charlie has to do. Charlie had LOTS of talent on the Texas team this year and couldn't get them to produce. Sumlin's year as it has been said for quite some time now is this year. No excuses, you have to produce this year. He will have his first upperclassmen, talent is there. Defensive coach is there, players know his system, etc. A&M would have been a hell of a team every year if the defense was top 50. If defense can play then this is going to be a very good team. If Sumlin isn't a good recruiter then Charlie isn't a good judge of talent either. Strong wanted most of A&M's players. He just didn't get them. Sumlin is a very good recruiter, but the jury is still out on his coaching ability and I'll not argue anyone who says he sucks. We will see this year. If he loses any more than 3 games this year I will be disappointed.

We are loaded at receiver so losing Parker isn't hurting a thing. Receiver will never be a problem at A&M. Mastro lost his spot a long time ago. He wasn't going to be a factor.

"Bomb, I'm curious. What do you see our horns doing next year? I think they lose six."

I have no clue. It's February.

"Strong wanted most of A&M's players. He just didn't get them."

You keep running with this narrative, when it isn't even close to true. I give you credit for the effort though.

We both had good, but not great classes in 2015. We didn't take care of business at CB or MLB. Texas didn't take care of business at QB, DT, and arguably OT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT