Texas #1

WRLHookem

Feb 3, 2015

If my research is right this is our first #1 ranking since 2008. Okay, with the new 12 team playoff, rankings may not matter much at this part of the season but it’s still pretty damn cool.

Hook ‘em!!🤘

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. I'm not being a dick.... but this is the worst thing that could happen to us at this moment.

Why?

We've got a freshman at QB.... ya.... he's a talented freshman..... and he is the future. But I can tell you right now, he's not quite ready.
That backside blitz that UTSA put on him- he couldn't "feel" it coming.

Georgia, Bama, Ohio st send that blitz and it's lights out Manning and hello (gimme a sec while I google) Trey Owens.....

It would be Garrett Gilbert part two.... ya.... Garrett had a chance to win that game-- legit, he did. But Bama pulled a blindside corner blitz and just like that- poof- Garrett Gilbert's career started a death spiral from which he's never fully recovered from. In the last 10 years he's been on 11 NFL practice rosters and 1 arena league roster.

Dude was MEGA talented. Jackie Sherrill said he was "the best quarterback I've seen since Dan Marino"....
Do you know who coached Dan Marino in college at Pitt??

Jackie Sherrill....

If Garrett Gilbert came to the league and was HALF as good a Dan Marino-- he'd still have made a few pro-bowls.... but he didn't.

Why?

I believe because he wasn't ready. It ruined him.

The 2nd reason this is bad for us is because--- NOW that asshole at Georgia, Kirby Smart, has something to motivate his boys with. They were running out of motivational material, certainly. Not anymore.

3rd-- we don't need a target like that painted on our backs. Aggy sucks right now but they've been here in this jungle of the SEC longer than we have. It wouldn't surprise me if the sheepafiers started taking up collections to pay NIL money to Georgia or Miss st or arky or Kentucky, for knock outs.

"But Clob-- nobody has ever paid players for a bounty on the head of other players........" dramatic pause

Mmmmk.....

Yay-- we're number 1.......

Reactions: txleapd
Doesn't matter. I'm not being a dick.... but this is the worst thing that could happen to us at this moment.

Why?

We've got a freshman at QB.... ya.... he's a talented freshman..... and he is the future. But I can tell you right now, he's not quite ready.

Georgia, Bama, Ohio st send that blitz and it's lights out Manning and hello (gimme a sec while I google) Trey Owens.....

It would be Garrett Gilbert part two.... ya.... Garrett had a chance to win that game-- legit, he did. But Bama pulled a blindside corner blitz and just like that- poof- Garrett Gilbert's career started a death spiral from which he's never fully recovered from. In the last 10 years he's been on 11 NFL practice rosters and 1 arena league roster.

Dude was MEGA talented. Jackie Sherrill said he was "the best quarterback I've seen since Dan Marino"....

Jackie Sherrill....

If Garrett Gilbert came to the league and was HALF as good a Dan Marino-- he'd still have made a few pro-bowls.... but he didn't.

Why?

The 2nd reason this is bad for us is because--- NOW that asshole at Georgia, Kirby Smart, has something to motivate his boys with. They were running out of motivational material, certainly. Not anymore.

3rd-- we don't need a target like that painted on our backs. Aggy sucks right now but they've been here in this jungle of the SEC longer than we have. It wouldn't surprise me if the sheepafiers started taking up collections to pay NIL money to Georgia or Miss st or arky or Kentucky, for knock outs.

"But Clob-- nobody has ever paid players for a bounty on the head of other players........" dramatic pause

Mmmmk.....

Oh poop. Everyone knows it's early but this is the first time in 16 years we've been ranked #1 in the regular season let's enjoy this. And were not going to lose the next 2 games. As for Kirby Smart he's got 2 weeks and he's only thinking about Alabama. Texas being #1 is the least of his concerns.

Reactions: hookem777

Why?

Jackie Sherrill....

Why?

Mmmmk.....

Ewers will be back by ou. Arch will play against ULM , and miss st. Then bye week and ewers will be back. Ewers Heisman is gone. The natty is not

If my research is right this is our first #1 ranking since 2008. Okay, with the new 12 team playoff, rankings may not matter much at this part of the season but it’s still pretty damn cool.

Hook ‘em!!🤘
This x a million
Hookemhorns

Oh poop. Everyone knows it's early but this is the first time in 16 years we've been ranked #1 in the regular season let's enjoy this. And were not going to lose the next 2 games. As for Kirby Smart he's got 2 weeks and he's only thinking about Alabama. Texas being #1 is the least of his concerns.
“Oh poop”…. I love it!

Man, Clob pretty much nailed how I feel about this ranking. #1 again feels good as hell but damn our guys don't need that fools gold before we start playing actual teams.

I fully believe we have a shot against anyone but they sure seem to do better when they are underdogs. Gimme anywhere else top 10 but #1 without taking it? Sure hope they embrace the goliath moniker.

Reactions: freeper and txleapd
It's too early to say he won't play Saturday.
He’s not playing next Saturday. And we really don’t even need him for Mississippi St. they are terrible. Let him rest up for a few weeks and be ready for Red River. That’s not an injury they’re gonna want to push him through.

Why?

Jackie Sherrill....

Why?

Mmmmk.....

Garrett Gilbert was a true freshman forced into action in the biggest game of the year. Arch is a redshirt freshman who’s been in the system for almost 2 years now going back to graduating early from high school. He’s been brought along very slowly. I don’t even think it’s close to the same scenario.

Garrett Gilbert was also a terrible fit for the scheme we were running at the time and that was a big reason he was such a bust IMO.

Reactions: outhereincali

Latest posts