ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

Wonder why Disu got so cold the last few games.
Bad luck mostly. The 3 he took before the one he made was literally half way down the little floater he took in the paint spun around twice before it popped out. Bad luck at a bad time. The difference in the game was the flagrant foul though. It was a one point game and then Tennessee got the 2 free throws and then ripped off 6 straight points. That was basically the difference. Without that it’s probably a tied game or we lead by 2

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
Neither team played “shitty” both teams were locked in defensively and when that happens it can look sloppy
Tennessee went 3 for 23 from 3 point line....that is shitty....we somehow still lost to that crap team.

Disu single handedly lost us the game because he refused to stop shooting 3s....he was sshifty.

The current leading scorer in NCAA men's basketball scored 10 points....came up small when he was needed most...that was shitty too.

Hey chief... clearly you don't know ball. But your best dude is supposed to shoot. Disu is out best dude. Shots were literally going halfway down and popping out.

Ray Allen, maybe the best shooter in the history of the game, once went 2 for 18. Reporter asked why he shot so poorly. Allen replied "I shot the ball great; it just didn't go in. "

That's basketball

Hey chief... clearly you don't know ball. But your best dude is supposed to shoot. Disu is out best dude. Shots were literally going halfway down and popping out.

Ray Allen, maybe the best shooter in the history of the game, once went 2 for 18. Reporter asked why he shot so poorly. Allen replied "I shot the ball great; it just didn't go in. "

That's basketball
Yep. You know it’s ironic. All year this team had been missing a 3rd scorer. Someone to step up when Abmas and Disu weren’t cooking. You know who could have filled that role? Ron holland. Dude would have fit perfectly ob this team. Idk what happened there but he could of been a monster on this team

Sloppy tonight on both teams hard fought till the end we easily had a chance our guys didn't give up. Well I guess softball it is cause our guys team is a joke this year....

Sloppy tonight on both teams hard fought till the end we easily had a chance our guys didn't give up. Well I guess softball it is cause our guys team is a joke this year....
The softball team is legit. They are a contender for sure. Watch them and a baseball coaching search.

As far as basketball I think this team finished probably where they belonged. I thought coming in to the season they’d be a sweet 16 team. And they lose a close one in the round of 32. Now they can attack the portal. They have a couple talented freshman coming in. Wever and Shedrick coming back. The way Wever played the last two games gives me a lot of hope for him. If he can improve his shot he had a chance to go from good role player to star. I’ll be curious on Shedrick to. He will be able to work on his game this summer instead of rehabbing from surgrey. That should help him.

If I was Coach Terry id take my NIL money and I’d go get a point guard. A couple shooters and a big guy.

Both teams were locked in defensively all game. I knew if we could somehow keep it close in the last 5 minutes we’d have a chance. The only way we could keep it close is by a combination of intense defense and poor shooting by Tennessee. Well, that’s exactly what happened. Credit to our guys for battling against a team that has an excellent chance to get to the final four. Tennessee is an outstanding team and we made them look shytty. Our problem was turnovers….we had 16 turnovers that led to 11 more shot attempts by the Vols. They had 66 FG attempts to our 55. That was the difference in the game. We actually win that game if we just take care of the ball. Everything fell into place for us to steal the game except for the turnovers. Of course, Tennessee’s defense forced most of those turnovers.

Next season, we get a chance to take the next step and reload from the portal and develop some of our returning talent. Weaver needs to work on his 3 point shooting every day in the offseason. 1000 shots per day. If he develops a consistent jumper and builds his offensive game, he’s going to be a monster. He’s already an elite defender. Tyrese will take over the point which is better suited for him. He’s a playmaker who actually was a more consistent player down the stretch than Abmas. Max was a bit of a disappointment for me…as the season wore on he became less efficient. When you take more than 20 shots a game and play more than 30 minutes a game you should be averaging much more than 17 points a game. Shedrick needs to get meaner and more physical to make his presence known. He’s shown flashes of brilliance with his shot blocking and pick and roll defense. Dillon Mitchell needs to return and develop more offensive skills in space off the dribble. We could use another guard, a long athletic wing who can shoot and another big man who can protect the rim and gobble up rebounds and run the floor.

I really don’t want Hunter to come back to be honest. My problem with Hunter is other than being an elite defender idk what he does well. He doesn’t shoot well, he’s a lazy passer(burned us several times tonight, and I just don’t feel like he’s gotten better in 2 years here than he was at ISU. If I were Coach Terry I’d go get a new point guard.

I agree with you on Wever. He doesn’t even have to be a great shooter. If he can become a Brock Cunningham type where he can just knock down 2-3 a game when he’s open that would be good enough.

I agree with you on Mitchell no doubt he got better this year but he still doesn’t have an offensive game to speak of. He could definetly use another year. Although idk if he’s gonna take it.

There is the women’s basketball team. I don’t watch but do pay attention. Being a 1 seed is no slouch. I wish Vic was the men’s coach. They have a good chance of getting to the final four, and this is without their best player for the season.

Both teams were locked in defensively all game. I knew if we could somehow keep it close in the last 5 minutes we’d have a chance. The only way we could keep it close is by a combination of intense defense and poor shooting by Tennessee. Well, that’s exactly what happened. Credit to our guys for battling against a team that has an excellent chance to get to the final four. Tennessee is an outstanding team and we made them look shytty. Our problem was turnovers….we had 16 turnovers that led to 11 more shot attempts by the Vols. They had 66 FG attempts to our 55. That was the difference in the game. We actually win that game if we just take care of the ball. Everything fell into place for us to steal the game except for the turnovers. Of course, Tennessee’s defense forced most of those turnovers.

Next season, we get a chance to take the next step and reload from the portal and develop some of our returning talent. Weaver needs to work on his 3 point shooting every day in the offseason. 1000 shots per day. If he develops a consistent jumper and builds his offensive game, he’s going to be a monster. He’s already an elite defender. Tyrese will take over the point which is better suited for him. He’s a playmaker who actually was a more consistent player down the stretch than Abmas. Max was a bit of a disappointment for me…as the season wore on he became less efficient. When you take more than 20 shots a game and play more than 30 minutes a game you should be averaging much more than 17 points a game. Shedrick needs to get meaner and more physical to make his presence known. He’s shown flashes of brilliance with his shot blocking and pick and roll defense. Dillon Mitchell needs to return and develop more offensive skills in space off the dribble. We could use another guard, a long athletic wing who can shoot and another big man who can protect the rim and gobble up rebounds and run the floor.
abmas shot so much because no other threat came along. see: hunter and mitchell

shedrick is soft. plays decent positional defense and rebounds like a guy 3 inches shorter, which isn't all that bad, but still not what you'd hope for.

mitchell isn't soft, except with the ball around the rim. i don't expect him back either way, though

the consensus seems to be hunter won't be back either, though i'm not sure why. he's not what we all hoped for when he signed, but he's a good defender who scores in spurts.

weaver is the best player we have returning and he does need to develop an outside shot that is at least consistent enough to warrant respect.

portal should never be a problem for us. evaluation is the key. we probably need to be 9-10 deep in the sec because it's more an uptempo league. BUT those 9-10 don't have to be as fully developed, because it's less physical and less precise than the big12. except obviously in knoxville, and my guess would be oxford too, when beard gets his roster complete.

Reactions: Drtxhorn

shedrick is soft. plays decent positional defense and rebounds like a guy 3 inches shorter, which isn't all that bad, but still not what you'd hope for.

mitchell isn't soft, except with the ball around the rim. i don't expect him back either way, though

the consensus seems to be hunter won't be back either, though i'm not sure why. he's not what we all hoped for when he signed, but he's a good defender who scores in spurts.

weaver is the best player we have returning and he does need to develop an outside shot that is at least consistent enough to warrant respect.

portal should never be a problem for us. evaluation is the key. we probably need to be 9-10 deep in the sec because it's more an uptempo league. BUT those 9-10 don't have to be as fully developed, because it's less physical and less precise than the big12. except obviously in knoxville, and my guess would be oxford too, when beard gets his roster complete.
Evaluation is key. The portal and NIL should get us a shot at any player we desire. We just need to target the right players.

Reactions: diadevic

Yeah Texas specficsllly the last couple years has done well out of the portal with their evaluations pickijg out some lesser known guys. Rice last year and Weaver this year. Would like to see that continue. The freshman we have coming in Tre Johnson amd Csm Smith are good. But gotta get some portal guys and the team should be good.

I disagree on Shedrick at least for now. I don’t think he’s soft. I think he played tentative at times because of all the injuries he was coming off of. That’s why I think a:summer of being able to work on basketball and not rehab will do him good.

The team this year didn’t really get much time together. Shedrick got cleared literately right before the first game. Disu missed all of fall practice and the first 1/3 of the season, and they had to kind of figure it out while playing in the toughest conference in America. It looked like it wa coming together but by the time it did it was too late.

The team this year didn’t really get much time together. Shedrick got cleared literately right before the first game. Disu missed all of fall practice and the first 1/3 of the season, and they had to kind of figure it out while playing in the toughest conference in America. It looked like it wa coming together but by the time it did it was too late.
They lost 3 out of their last 4. I agree that they missed Disu earlier in the year, but there was something missing on this team - they blew too many good leads. Who's fault is that? Hard to say, but new players = new mindset (hopefully).

They lost 3 out of their last 4. I agree that they missed Disu earlier in the year, but there was something missing on this team - they blew too many good leads. Who's fault is that? Hard to say, but new players = new mindset (hopefully).
Yeah you know what they were missing. Ron holland. They were missing that 3rd scorer when Abmas and Disu weren’t on. Holland would have been that guy. Having Holland as your 5th starter instead of Horton/Cunningham/ Wever is the difference between losing in the round of 32 and maybe going to the elite 8 again. I don’t know what happened with him. I’m sure there is an interesting story behind that.

I'll say this Barnes has his team in the Sweet 16 and Shaka has Marquette in the Sweet 16. Now just give Beard another year or two and same could probably be said about him......

I'll say this Barnes has his team in the Sweet 16 and Shaka has Marquette in the Sweet 16. Now just give Beard another year or two and same could probably be said about him......
Nah. Beard won’t do that at Ole Miss. he’s hoping he can do well enough at ole Miss and kinda stay quite that he can get back in to the big time. He won’t do anything huge there. Actually Louisville should look at Beard and Will Wade but they likely won’t.

Nah. Beard won’t do that at Ole Miss. he’s hoping he can do well enough at ole Miss and kinda stay quite that he can get back in to the big time. He won’t do anything huge there. Actually Louisville should look at Beard and Will Wade but they likely won’t.
Beard had Tech in the NT game!?!?!?! They were a free throw away from winning it all. He can win at Ole Miss. Every time I see that vagina Shaka Smart and his ass losing to ACU, I get pissed.

Shaka caught a break with the bracket this year. And still struggled in round 1 and 2. Playing an 11 in round 3,too. But he could blow that. Total fraud.

Reactions: horn wild
Beard had Tech in the NT game!?!?!?! They were a free throw away from winning it all. He can win at Ole Miss. Every time I see that vagina Shaka Smart and his ass losing to ACU, I get pissed.
Yeah but Tech is a better program than Ole Miss. Tech had other guys do well there.

Bob knight took them to the tournament 4 times to the sweet 16 once

Mark Adama got them to the sweet 16. He failed not because he wasn’t a good coach he failed because he’s a prick

And grant McCasslim had a good first year there. tech is actually a good basketball job. In fact I think Texas is the only job that could have got bears away from Lubbock.

Ole Miss isn’t that. They haven’t been to the tournament in 5 years and the only time theive been to the sweet 16 in 2001. That was the only time in program history that I can find. And they’ve only been to the tournament 9 times total since 1981. It’s arguably the worst job in the SEC.

So if he ever does get them to the sweet 16 it will be truly an amazing coaching job he had the 40th recruiting class last year. He has the 39th this year. Be interesting to see what he does in the transfer portal. But knowing what kind of recruiter he is I don’t think the NIL dollars are there.

Shaka caught a break with the bracket this year. And still struggled in round 1 and 2. Playing an 11 in round 3,too. But he could blow that. Total fraud.
Beard's season this year was 10x more impressive than RT's. Just wait, ole miss will improve next year and Texas will suck ass. Terry is going to have to do something he's never done before, build a successful team. All the asshats here think that money wins championships. It doesn't and it will be on full display next season.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
It helps, especially in the day of NIL. But Mississippi isn't Tarleton-- they have eager donors there.

I'm rooting for beard-- think he was upended by a succubus he should've dropped long ago.

I'm rooting for Texas more. If Ole miss comes to moody, the crowd reaction will be interesting

Beard's season this year was 10x more impressive than RT's. Just wait, ole miss will improve next year and Texas will suck ass. Terry is going to have to do something he's never done before, build a successful team. All the asshats here think that money wins championships. It doesn't and it will be on full display next season.
I’m sorry what? Beard didn’t beat any ranked teams. The only reason they won 20 games is because they scheduled a lot of buy games and the bottom of the SEC was REALLY bad(Missouri went 0-16).

I know you in particular think Chris Beard is a god and that RT was an “affirmative action” hire(your words not mine check the board) but let’s not get stupid here. Texas as badly as they played at times would of been top 4 in the sec

It helps, especially in the day of NIL. But Mississippi isn't Tarleton-- they have eager donors there.

I'm rooting for beard-- think he was upended by a succubus he should've dropped long ago.

I'm rooting for Texas more. If Ole miss comes to moody, the crowd reaction will be interesting
Ole Miss has spent a lot of NIL dollars in football(reportedly) that doesn’t appear to have made its way to basketball yet. Or if they are beard hasn’t been able to land players yet. Who knows.

I’m sorry what? Beard didn’t beat any ranked teams. The only reason they won 20 games is because they scheduled a lot of buy games and the bottom of the SEC was REALLY bad(Missouri went 0-16).

I know you in particular think Chris Beard is a god and that RT was an “affirmative action” hire(your words not mine check the board) but let’s not get stupid here. Texas as badly as they played at times would of been top 4 in the sec
RT's 1st year 7th place. Beard first year at Texas, 4th place with nothing but Brock Cunningham as a returning player. RT was gift wrapped an awesome team and shit the bed. If we look at momentum, I would say that Ole Miss compared to 2022-2023 has positive momentum while Texas has negative momentum. They are programs going in opposite directions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT