ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

Since you brought it up, I think Texas beats Miami with Beard on the sideline.
I’m not discounting shit as far as recruiting. At the end of the day, the player commits to the head coach’s program. By your logic, Sark has ZERO to do with the recruiting talent for football. I guess it’s all Tulo’s fault that we don’t have any pitching?
Sure 50% of the team was here last year. How many of them are major contributors? Terry not getting “the credit he deserves” has nothing to do with him not being Chris Beard. It’s because he’s a 500 coach based on his career. I hope like hell Terry succeeds. I’m tired of sending checks to support an athletic program that fields a mediocre basketball program.
Nah. I don’t care if beard was on the sideline or not. Once Disu got hurt that was that. He was the constant of the team last year. Once he went out there was no go to guy.

That’s been an issue this year too if Disu and Abmas aren’t going off then the team struggles to score. They figured out a way to get though that the other night.

But let’s say you’re right. Let’s say they do win that game if Beard is coaching. Your also assuming that beard wins the big 12 tournament therefore Texas gets the same seeds and matchups with the same results, so you are giving Terry no credit at all but then saying “oh yeah the game he lost Beard would of won”. Doesn’t work that way man

We can easily take the SEC in basketball which is crazy to think about bit with Terry at the helm we will be in the middle of the pack

Whatever dude. I guess we’ll see.
But see that’s the thing it’s not “we’ll see” you are basing your opinion on what might of happened, or what could have happened. Everything I have stated is based on what has actually happened. Chris beard MIGHT of done great things at Texas. We will never know he ****ed it up. That’s on him.

What IS happening is Rodney Terry’s tenure is off to as good or better start than the 3 previous coaches before him. You can say that “well it’s with Chris Beard’s players or whatever, but that’s not Rodney Terry’s fault. Now does that mean that Rodney Terry is going to be a great coach? No it means exactly what I said he’s off to a good start and there is no one out there who could have reasonably been had that would have done better, and I say reasonable because you weren’t getting Jay wright or anyone like that

We can easily take the SEC in basketball which is crazy to think about bit with Terry at the helm we will be in the middle of the pack
Nope Robo. Haven’t you heard? Terry is John Wooden, Bobby Knight, and Jay Wright all rolled into 1. He just needed to get hired in Austin to really show what he’s capable of.

Dude we would or probably been 2nd to Rene see this year had we played in the SEC lol

Nope Robo. Haven’t you heard? Terry is John Wooden, Bobby Knight, and Jay Wright all rolled into 1. He just needed to get hired in Austin to really show what he’s capable of.
Yeah there’s nowhere near what I said but you know that.

He’s off to a “good start”. 9-9, a first round Big 12 tourney loss, and a win over Colorado State. Is this what UT wants? He has reverted to the mean. With better players.

Yeah there’s nowhere near what I said but you know that.
Yea and you didn’t respond to any of the rest of the post. You cherry picked the first line and ignored the rest. You’re right, we weren’t getting Jay Wright but there were better options out there if we were willing to open the checkbook.
I’m not arguing with you. I’ll leave it with this comparison. Larry Coker won a national championship at Miami. He got shit canned a couple of years later. What changed?

Reactions: diadevic
Yea and you didn’t respond to any of the rest of the post. You cherry picked the first line and ignored the rest. You’re right, we weren’t getting Jay Wright but there were better options out there if we were willing to open the checkbook.
I’m not arguing with you. I’ll leave it with this comparison. Larry Coker won a national championship at Miami. He got shit canned a couple of years later. What changed?
i didn’t Cherry pick anything my original point which appears to of crawled up your ass for some reason was that through two seasons Rodney Terry is off to a better start than Rick Barnes, Shaka Smart or Chris Beard which is factually correct. Doesn’t mean that Rodney Terry is the next John wooden or that he will be better than Rick Barnes even. It means that RIGHT NOW he’s off to a good start.

You are the one the one that wants to get in to * and hypotheticals or what Chris Beard would have done. Which is pointless. Chris Beard ****ed that up. If we want to talk hypotheticals of what Chris Beard might of done let’s meet him in a bar in Oxford Mississippi and do that because I promise you he’s doijg it right now but it has nothing to do with the present.

Tennessee is probably going to win going away tomorrow. Other than Disu, Tennessee has the matchup advantage at every position and their bench. Our best hope is to keep it close until the final 5 minutes. We must keep turnovers to a minimum and we must rebound the ball. We also have to hope they just have a cold shooting game. If Tennessee just plays an average game they win. They’re that good. I actually have them going to the final four. Dalton Knecht is a matchup nightmare with his size and shooting range. The only guy we have that could possibly slow him down is Brock but he’s got to stay out of foul trouble. Knecht is one of the best when it comes to drawing fouls. Even if Knecht is contained they have 3-4 other guys who can take over a game offensively.

The last X factor is coaching. I love RT and support him 100% but I’m forever pissed that Rick Barnes is not still our coach. He’s the best coach in this tournament. Bar none.

Fvck you Steve Patterson for setting back our hoops program by a full decade!!

i didn’t Cherry pick anything my original point which appears to of crawled up your ass for some reason was that through two seasons Rodney Terry is off to a better start than Rick Barnes, Shaka Smart or Chris Beard which is factually correct. Doesn’t mean that Rodney Terry is the next John wooden or that he will be better than Rick Barnes even. It means that RIGHT NOW he’s off to a good start.

You are the one the one that wants to get in to * and hypotheticals or what Chris Beard would have done. Which is pointless. Chris Beard ****ed that up. If we want to talk hypotheticals of what Chris Beard might of done let’s meet him in a bar in Oxford Mississippi and do that because I promise you he’s doijg it right now but it has nothing to do with the present.
Crawled up my ass??? Dude you need to get off the shit. I simply pointed out that Terry’s post season record is probably inflated due to taking over Beard’s team in the middle of the season. You decided to turn it into a personal affront of your basketball knowledge I guess and proceeded to make the asinine argument that somehow Terry was more responsible for last years roster than Beard while at the same time arguing that this years roster is all on Beard. You think Terry has been the glue that held the team together. I think they could have given last years team to a GA and had similar results. We’ll see if Terry is a 500 coach going forward or if he suddenly turns into Cinderella and takes us to the title. If he does, I’ll be the first person to come on here and say I was wrong. If he doesn’t, will you?

Crawled up my ass??? Dude you need to get off the shit. I simply pointed out that Terry’s post season record is probably inflated due to taking over Beard’s team in the middle of the season. You decided to turn it into a personal affront of your basketball knowledge I guess and proceeded to make the asinine argument that somehow Terry was more responsible for last years roster than Beard while at the same time arguing that this years roster is all on Beard. You think Terry has been the glue that held the team together. I think they could have given last years team to a GA and had similar results. We’ll see if Terry is a 500 coach going forward or if he suddenly turns into Cinderella and takes us to the title. If he does, I’ll be the first person to come on here and say I was wrong. If he doesn’t, will you?
Next year Beards players will be gone. Terry has 1 guy returning an 2 freshman. That's it. Personally, the guy seems like a good guy but the results haven't been there. 7th place in league play won't cut it.

That abysmal effort against Colorado State does not bode well for our game against Tennessee...the game may be over by half time if we don't shoot well.

the effort was great vs colorado state. defense and rebounding are big parts of the game-- and colorado state had 11 at halftime. we didn't shoot well. but i respected disu especially for not allowing that to negatively effect his defense and rebounding. as far as us not shooting well, i will tell you that it is the coach's job to get the player open shots that the player is comfortable taking; it's the player's job to make those shots. don't get me wrong-- my confidence in RT long-term is about as close to a 4.5 as it can be, but there was nothing wrong with the coaching/prep on Thursday; we just didn't shoot it well. but credit to the players and coaches for making sure the other facets picked up the slack.

Yes sir. This is everything good about the tournament. 2 well coached teams trading punches.
Kansas is out of gas. There 5 guys can play with anyone, but all they they have is right now are those 5. Hard to win a high level game with just 5 dudes

Reactions: Archmadness
if you see a guy at the Texas spring game..in a Tennessee football jersey Dont hit him. Its me and It means i lost the bet with the wife and we lost tonight....
What are you doing? I would ask for some points. Is she going to the spring game with you?

• Haha
Reactions: hookem777
What are you doing? I would ask for some points. Is she going to the spring game with you?
I got 7 points. and Yeah we are going. Its a test for my 4 year old to see how she handles a game. If she cant handle a spring game aint no way im taking her to a season game.

Heres a fun fact though....I rarely watch Basketball. Just not my sport. But id say 90 percent of the time i watch A Texas Basketball game, we win. I wish i could switch that luck to every time i go to a Texas ou football game.

Texas so far matching Tennessee’s intensity on defense. Texas is capable of playing great defense haven’t always done it this year. Need it tonight. So far so good

Just got the 3rd foul oh their big guy. Coach Barnes took a risk by keeping him in and it backfired. Texas gotta make him pay for that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT