ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Bowl

Facts? Would these be "alternative facts"? Do you have a link from a credible source? Do you have the SEC saying they slotted TAMU in the Liberty Bowl (in which they beat WVU) because they TAMU was ducking or the SEC would prefer TAMU and Texas not to play. The only think I remember is Charlie Strong saying he welcomed a Texas Bowl matchup with TAMU.
You were ranked higher than arky but went to a bowl game that paid less.

Sums it up right there.

If we are a doormat based on our record in the SEC then what are you based on record since we left?
III
And I think I saw some trash being thrown on the field by the Texas faithful when you the Herman era kicked off with a turd sandwich against the presently 4-7 Terps.

I'll tell you what tape face I'll play along. the cow college got off to a good start their first year in the SEC I'll give you that. The second year not quite as good but ok. Now I take exception with your claim over beating a Big XII team in the Liberty Bowl in year 3. It was West Virginia and it was not the same as playing someone else from the Big XII which is why the SEC scheduled it. in case you forgot WV joined the Big XII after all the defections. Other than that a&m has done nothing special.

Otoh Texas has slipped. The last three years everybody with an axe to grind against the horns has gotten a little revenge. I mean even Kansas has beaten us. But that's changing Tom Herman is a winner and he will return Texas to the top.

But after the 2012 season you aggies gloated to the point where you started that wrts nonsense. But within 3 years you went from wrts to being in fourth place in your own state. All that's left is at least you're ahead of us. But not anymore. We will pass you up by the time this season's over.

I hope you enjoyed while it lasted bl because it's over now.

Last edited:
Why would anyone really want to watch a Texas vs A&M game this year? It would be bad football. Not sure who would win, but I can promise you a good team wouldn't win. One fan base would realize how bad they were, the other would gladly think all was well.

Sounds good to me. Would love to see the epic meltdown when you lose to an interim coach. Congratulations on making it to a bowl, any bowl. I mean its been awhile.
Nobody fears that shitshow y'all put on the field. Bama played down to their competition.

Texas has the better defense and the statistics don't lie, the Aggy offense actually sucks worse than Texas...

Go worry about your new daddy, they have yet to win one versus Bayou Aggy!

Last edited:
Why would anyone really want to watch a Texas vs A&M game this year? It would be bad football. Not sure who would win, but I can promise you a good team wouldn't win. One fan base would realize how bad they were, the other would gladly think all was well.

It's a rivalry whether people want to admit it or not. I mean look at the post that are going back and forth on here. There's still hate on both sides and I can tell you I work around more aggy and one lives with me that I would love to mud stomp their asses. We may be a bad team and they may be just as bad or worse but it's still a rivalry game that I'm sure would bring out some good football. Based off your statement of "I can promise a good team wouldn't win" could be said for what ever bowl we're in then right? I mean we'll possibly be going in as a 7-5 team playing an opponent with the same record or slightly better.

I'd rather see Texas face better comp. in Orlando versus NC State or VaTech.

It's a rivalry whether people want to admit it or not. I mean look at the post that are going back and forth on here. There's still hate on both sides and I can tell you I work around more aggy and one lives with me that I would love to mud stomp their asses. We may be a bad team and they may be just as bad or worse but it's still a rivalry game that I'm sure would bring out some good football. Based off your statement of "I can promise a good team wouldn't win" could be said for what ever bowl we're in then right? I mean we'll possibly be going in as a 7-5 team playing an opponent with the same record or slightly better.
Sweetheart,

Let me explain to you what a "rivalry" is.

A Rivalry isn't something made up by Board Regents who need to fill a void in their empty soul. A Rivalry is two sided. By two sided I mean that both sides share something in common- a common win loss record. Multiple championships- multiple conference titles-- similar win loss records. A Rivalry means, "whomever wins this game has an inside shot to the title".

Oklahoma is our rival. Michigan and Ohio state= rivals.
Florida st and miami- rivals.
USC and Notre Dame- rivals.
Alabama and Auburn- rivals.

Having close win/loss records is what makes a true rival.

76-37-5 is just a pure ass kicking. Not a rival.

Sweetheart,

Let me explain to you what a "rivalry" is.

A Rivalry isn't something made up by Board Regents who need to fill a void in their empty soul. A Rivalry is two sided. By two sided I mean that both sides share something in common- a common win loss record. Multiple championships- multiple conference titles-- similar win loss records. A Rivalry means, "whomever wins this game has an inside shot to the title".

Oklahoma is our rival. Michigan and Ohio state= rivals.
Florida st and miami- rivals.
USC and Notre Dame- rivals.
Alabama and Auburn- rivals.

Having close win/loss records is what makes a true rival.

76-37-5 is just a pure ass kicking. Not a rival.

LOL see all you did through that whole statement was put down our rival. ;)

Last edited:
Great now we will have to play 6-6 Tech instead of 6-6 Texas. Losing to Tech just to duck the Aggies?

Again congrats on getting bowl eligible with help of west va qb injury. The bitch of it is now you probably have a 4th straight losing season..

And here you are AFTER Texas loses to run your mouth. Coward.

I'm goin to enjoy watching aggy get a beat down tonight.

A&M will never be relevant. You are the howdy school that loses a lot of SEC games...that lost a lot of Big 12 games before that...got caught cheating in the SWC...still claiming titles from 80-100 years ago that were already awarded.

Again congrats on getting bowl eligible with help of west va qb injury. The bitch of it is now you probably have a 4th straight losing season..
Congrats on getting a possible new coach. Seriously hearing Lane Kiffen is a legit option. That’s a greeeeeaaaaat hire. Have fun with that guy dumbass

Great now we will have to play 6-6 Tech instead of 6-6 Texas. Losing to Tech just to duck the Aggies?

I don't think the SEC will allow you to play TT either. Still a Texas school. Still an old rival from the SWC and the Big XII days. And they're just as pi**ed as Texas that a&m jumped ship for the SEC.

I don't think the SEC is going to let you play TT. If they do I'll be shocked.

Pathetic, lazy, disinterested, flat, ETC............................ See ya next year.

I have a honest question. What year did Deloss say we are the Jones’s?
Second question why did he say that?

I have a honest question. What year did Deloss say we are the Jones’s?
Second question why did he say that?

Why did he say that?
In the 32 years since DeLoss Dodds took over as the Texas Longhorns athletic director, the landscape of Texas sports has changed dramatically, as Texas, Inc. has become the most profitable entity in college athletics, one valued at the start of 2013 at $761.7 million, with Dodds helping to finance a transformation of the school's athletic facilities.

When did he say that?

A long time ago!

Looks like we will be in the zaxby bowl in Dallas or the Texas bowl in Houston.

I know it was a forgettable game for your side, but have you already forgotten that you guys were in the Texas Bowl last year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT