ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Its quite comical browsing. Quotes are: "Sark and his staff just got stuffed in a locker" "Sark needs to hire a closer before this get out of hand" "This recruiting cycle is complete disaster" etc.....

Reactions: westx
I think we should start looking at something besides 4 or 5 Star player, KState showed me that with Vaughn, being from Round Rock, man that was a miss, That was Pop Snyders thing, and they still are doing it, and the Brock Boys , he knocked us down when didn't get them and the 5 Star QB, this guys a crazy guy for sure on building a team...
Apparently you do not listen to anything ketch has been trying to teach everyone the last few years.
Super blue chips matter, anything below that is a lottery ticket that hit at a rate of about 1 out of every 5 or 6 guys.
So I am sorry for saying this, but what you said is incredibly uninformed when it comes to the hit rate of recruits.

We are our own worst enemy. Our roster is stacked. We are thin on experience at what position? We are deep everywhere. Texas is playing the long game... how? We are going after the blue chip guys (losing this year) with 4 stars and 3 stars that are program fits. We will probably go light on the number of commits this year. Why? Our staff knows that there are a ton of guys that leave Texas and go out of state that are under-recruited. We re-visit some of these guys in the portal after a couple of years, they want to come home, play for the premier school in Texas, and get some decent NIL and that's it. It's silly to overpay for some of these recruits who will not pan out or transfer. Texas is playing the attrition game. Uncle Phil won't be around forever for the quacks... we pick up dudes leaving the couch-burning regions of the north all the time.

Apparently you do not listen to anything ketch has been trying to teach everyone the last few years.
Super blue chips matter, anything below that is a lottery ticket that hit at a rate of about 1 out of every 5 or 6 guys.
So I am sorry for saying this, but what you said is incredibly uninformed when it comes to the hit rate of recruits.
apparently you do not drop into the dungeon very often. I do not know when that post you talked down about was posted, bu I do know that Stranger Horn has been dead for over 2 years.

you might also need to know that we do not particularly value Ketch's opinion .....

apparently you do not drop into the dungeon very often. I do not know when that post you talked down about was posted, bu I do know that Stranger Horn has been dead for over 2 years.

you might also need to know that we do not particularly value Ketch's opinion .....
Well then he is DEAD wrong about what he said

We are our own worst enemy. Our roster is stacked. We are thin on experience at what position? We are deep everywhere. Texas is playing the long game... how? We are going after the blue chip guys (losing this year) with 4 stars and 3 stars that are program fits. We will probably go light on the number of commits this year. Why? Our staff knows that there are a ton of guys that leave Texas and go out of state that are under-recruited. We re-visit some of these guys in the portal after a couple of years, they want to come home, play for the premier school in Texas, and get some decent NIL and that's it. It's silly to overpay for some of these recruits who will not pan out or transfer. Texas is playing the attrition game. Uncle Phil won't be around forever for the quacks... we pick up dudes leaving the couch-burning regions of the north all the time.
The important thing is that we have a good working roster with which to win a lot of games. The recruiting losses won’t really matter this year “IF” Texas takes care of business on the field this fall. That is the single most important focus, IMO. If we have an unspectacular season, then we will suffer 2 subpar recruiting seasons in a row. That won’t be good.

The SEC is going to be a gauntlet. The winner may have 2 or even 3 losses. It's going to be a jumble. Make the playoff! There will be howling from the other conferences about the SEC but it will likely be an all SEC final. We need to stop the run and put pressure on opposing qb's. If we can do that, we will be fine.

Dec 2020 was when FB, er Stranger posted it. He would have been entertaining this past season for sure.

Bye Snowflake
Flu Season Reaction GIF by Chris Mann
Ain’t no vaccines down here brother!! Better mask up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT