Texas Recruiting

We all know that every 5 star is gonna be expensive because everyone wants them. Especially since therent arent many OTs on that level Money should be no factor for the texas billionaire club. That's what I am constantly told

Either way he'll be fine backup OL for bedenbaugh to work with next season.

Did you even read what he wrote?

If the guy that is already on campus and behind first rounder Kelvin Banks is making less than what you give a recruit how well do you think that will go over? Especially when the coaches are high on said player.

Fasusi obviously sees himself in a more favorable position either next year or the year after with OUs depth chart than at Texas. And that is fine. Good luck to the kid!

Reactions: Cajun_Bevo
We all know that every 5 star is gonna be expensive because everyone wants them. Especially since therent arent many OTs on that level Money should be no factor for the texas billionaire club. That's what I am constantly told

Either way he'll be fine backup OL for bedenbaugh to work with next season.
I was wondering, with the recent commits, when you were going to come back and let us know how bad recruiting was going for us.

Did you even read what he wrote?

If the guy that is already on campus and behind first rounder Kelvin Banks is making less than what you give a recruit how well do you think that will go over? Especially when the coaches are high on said player.

Fasusi obviously sees himself in a more favorable position either next year or the year after with OUs depth chart than at Texas. And that is fine. Good luck to the kid!
Is that what he said specifically or is that what you believe he is thinking? I could see it that way, but any confident star player thinks they'll come in and compete for playing time regardless. You dont think it has anything to do with playing for who is currently the most prolific OL coach in getting his players drafted?

We do know that was a major factor for texas getting a commit from jonah williams who cited the lack of depth at his position. Wonder if they'll remember his comments on his first practice with pads

Is that what he said specifically or is that what you believe he is thinking? I could see it that way, but any confident star player thinks they'll come in and compete for playing time regardless. You dont think it has anything to do with playing for who is currently the most prolific OL coach in getting his players drafted?

We do know that was a major factor for texas getting a commit from jonah williams who cited the lack of depth at his position. Wonder if they'll remember his comments on his first practice with pads

So it's not money? It is playing for Bill?

Could be all of the above, I was merely expressing a talking point to gain an understanding of your position.

And to be honest, this discussion has changed gears so many times I don't have a clue what you're on about...

Here is my position, which I've made clear...

Texas recruiting is fine and I said that when Texas was #18 or whatever. You disagreed and insinuated panic should be on the forefront

Fasusi is choosing OU because Texas didn't offer as much money and OU has a more favorable depth chart. That said, it could be Bill 100% or could be all of the above.

Just like having to "settle" on Lockett and possibly Ffrench after missing out on Moore is not a huge deal. Missing out on Fasusi and having to "settle" on Brooks is okay by me. I think at this point it is obvious Kyle Flood knows what he is doing. Still I'd rather have Moore and Fasusi than not, but Texas is going to be okay with the guys they do have.

So it's not money? It is playing for Bill?

Could be all of the above, I was merely expressing a talking point to gain an understanding of your position.

And to be honest, this discussion has changed gears so many times I don't have a clue what you're on about...

Here is my position, which I've made clear...

Texas recruiting is fine and I said that when Texas was #18 or whatever. You disagreed and insinuated panic should be on the forefront

Fasusi is choosing OU because Texas didn't offer as much money and OU has a more favorable depth chart. That said, it could be Bill 100% or could be all of the above.

Just like having to "settle" on Lockett and possibly Ffrench after missing out on Moore is not a huge deal. Missing out on Fasusi and having to "settle" on Brooks is okay by me. I think at this point it is obvious Kyle Flood knows what he is doing. Still I'd rather have Moore and Fasusi than not, but Texas is going to be okay with the guys they do have.
Cant just be money, it was on the table at all of his finalists. I'm sure it was a factor, but a factor that every big time program offers players at his level. I read some other sec team, maybe it auburn, but someone got a 5 star OT who got a 800k/year deal. Playing for BB is a thing for sure, there's a small handful of OL coaches out there whose reputation speaks for itself and he's one of them.

What am i on about? i'm on about why he chose OU. I thought that much was obvious.

Yes texas recruiting is fine, it always is. I didnt insinuate anything, I said they were not recruiting at the level they are accustomed to. If they arent in the top 10 then something is amiss.

Whatever money OU offered at and beyond that of texas' offer is negligible in difference. It wasnt thing that pushed OU over the top., considering how much was on the table at every finalist school.

brooks seems like a fine add, and if that's your backup option then there's a lot worse out there. fasusi is just one of those types that OU never gets on the OL, this is the kind of stud they have been looking for.

Cant just be money, it was on the table at all of his finalists. I'm sure it was a factor, but a factor that every big time program offers players at his level. I read some other sec team, maybe it auburn, but someone got a 5 star OT who got a 800k/year deal. Playing for BB is a thing for sure, there's a small handful of OL coaches out there whose reputation speaks for itself and he's one of them.

What am i on about? i'm on about why he chose OU. I thought that much was obvious.

Yes texas recruiting is fine, it always is. I didnt insinuate anything, I said they were not recruiting at the level they are accustomed to. If they arent in the top 10 then something is amiss.

Whatever money OU offered at and beyond that of texas' offer is negligible in difference. It wasnt thing that pushed OU over the top., considering how much was on the table at every finalist school.

brooks seems like a fine add, and if that's your backup option then there's a lot worse out there. fasusi is just one of those types that OU never gets on the OL, this is the kind of stud they have been looking for.

Georgia Tech I believe is the OL in your first paragraph

So you're saying a combo of factors -- Coach, NFL, Depth Chart, Money -- probably in that order? You could be right. Doesn't change the fact that Texas wasn't going to overpay for a guy that would be 2nd string. I'm not privy to those conversations, but I wouldn't blame Fasusi one bit if that was a factor. Kids want to play man.

Agreed on your last paragraph. Fasusi is a terrific get and I hope Texas can flip him. Probably won't happen, but one can hope ;)

Weird, it's almost like every recruit might have different preferences and motivations when it comes to selecting which school they want to go. I mean what is the midnight joker even talking about anyway, he has no idea why the kid chose OU.

Weird, it's almost like every recruit might have different preferences and motivations when it comes to selecting which school they want to go. I mean what is the midnight joker even talking about anyway, he has no idea why the kid chose OU.

I mean we all want to believe that kids chose our school because we're the greatest with the greatest coaches are will win eleventy championships. :)

what in hell are y'all talking about? I read this thread and think....Damn!...we must be like # 20 or something!.....no.....we are ranked # 7!....OU?....they are ranked # 9!....

What am I missing?

Latest posts