Texas Recruiting

I get that, and I know it’s a sign of the times. I just don’t like the thought of chasing a recruit who’s committed to another school. I’m not mad at anyone for doing what needs to be done. I just couldn’t do it.

I don’t have any issues if the kid is initiating contact and looking to be recruited. I don’t like the idea of hunting from the road, so to speak.
Another way to think about it is that other schools are always attempting to poach our committed players, especially schools like those sorry ass sooners

Last edited:
Another way to think about it is that other schools are always attempting to poach our committed players, especially schools like those sorry ass sooners

Oh for sure. Aggies too. Bama, Georgia, etc.

Why building relationships, developing quality talent, pushing guys to the NFL and WINNING is so vital.

Schools that are trying to outbid other schools for a few guys is not sustainable.

QB recruits get this..
RB recruits get this...
Etc.

After that, when you get on campus, there is no cap.

And when you have credibility through real life examples, the recruiting becomes a bit easier

I just saw this article about 5* WR Jordan Smith from Dallas decommiting from Texas to go to Tennessee. I can’t find this dude anywhere. The only “Jordan Smith” I could find is Jordan Smith Jr. out of Virginia, who’s a 5* safety in the ‘26 class, and he’s looking at schools like Duke, Penn State, Virginia, and Rutgers. Any idea what this is about?

I figured that if we had a 5* WR flipping I’d have heard about it here.

That’s what I was thinking, especially when it says he’s from “Dallas, Texas” and was considered the cornerstone of the recruiting class.