ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS VS blowu predictions

If you’re older than I am, I’d be awfully embarrassed to use terms like “seems legit”.
I’m 52 and I’d use that term, my kids are teenagers and that’s how they all talk, we all have to evolve to the world around us these days, no big deal really

I'm not buying the bulletin board BS.
This reminds me of 2000 when OU beat Texas 63-14? All we heard for a full year was how pissed off Texas was and how motivated they were. What happened? OU wins the next 3 games in the series.
This time the shoe is on the other foot.
Texas would have won in 2001 if Applewhite had started instead of Simms. Now 2003 was abysmal and I thought for certain they would bounce back in 2004 if Greg Davis hadn't handcuffed VY in with his play-calling.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Texas would have won in 2001 if Applewhite had started instead of Simms. Now 2003 was abysmal and I thought for certain they would bounce back in 2004 if Greg Davis hadn't handcuffed VY in with his play-calling.
Noble Doss one of the biggest plays in longhorn history against the aggies.

Gabriel is BY FAR the best QB we have seen. Daniels not playing for KU sucks because it would've helped the defense prepare for DG. Oh well

I think that's one thing that a lot of Texas fans might be overlooking. There should be no question that Texas' offense is elite. I think there might be some remaining questions on defense, particularly the secondary. In Texas' five wins, they've had the benefit of playing an Alabama team that is going through their most criticized, unsettled quarterback situation in the Nick Saban era. In Texas' four other games, I think three of the opponents had their backup quarterbacks starting.

I'm not saying that Texas' defense isn't up to the challenge, I'm just saying that they haven't been tested against a really good quarterback yet. Just like Oklahoma hasn't been challenged by playing a really good team yet.

I don’t think Venables is scared, he’s pretty battle tested in his career.
Being battle tested as a coordinator where you're in charge of just 1 side of the ball is completely different than being battle tested when you're the head coach making decisions on every aspect of the game. That's why not all coordinators make it as head coaches. They can't handle the pressure.

Look Oklahoma is good probably the second best team we'll play after Alabama. They're definitely better than last year. That being said there is no doubt in my mind that we'll win there just isn't.

Texas 31
Oklahoma 17

Being battle tested as a coordinator where you're in charge of just 1 side of the ball is completely different than being battle tested when you're the head coach making decisions on every aspect of the game. That's why not all coordinators make it as head coaches. They can't handle the pressure.
Yeahi don’t think Venables wants to get involved in offensive play calling etc. Venables has come in and recruited lights out and better than Riley did, he’s going to start reaping those rewards in the very near future

I think that's one thing that a lot of Texas fans might be overlooking. There should be no question that Texas' offense is elite. I think there might be some remaining questions on defense, particularly the secondary. In Texas' five wins, they've had the benefit of playing an Alabama team that is going through their most criticized, unsettled quarterback situation in the Nick Saban era. In Texas' four other games, I think three of the opponents had their backup quarterbacks starting.

I'm not saying that Texas' defense isn't up to the challenge, I'm just saying that they haven't been tested against a really good quarterback yet. Just like Oklahoma hasn't been challenged by playing a really good team yet.

Saturday will answer some questions for sure.

Texas has issues giving up the big play in the secondary. They struggle at K. They struggle with their offensive identity in the middle of the game. They struggle at LB beyond Ford and AHill rushing the passer late. They struggle with offensive RZ opportunities.

This game won’t be settled until the 4Q IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT