ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS VS blowu predictions

OU has to come out fast and aggressive. They have to build a lead and chew up the clock. Venables can't come out conservative. If he loses a grinder that becomes a blowout, they will skewer him in Norman. They are going to go after our safties and Watts. Their second line of attack will be to run on second and third downs to flank our zone coverage. Gabriel is going to have to run.

huge game for these 50% players who have yet to play in a big time game this year and especially a big time game like this right? riiiiiiiight? lol see you Saturday night chump. Come back hungry.

Most of them. Of course, there are some guys like wide receiver Andrel Anthony who played on the road in the Michigan-Ohio State game, which is also a pretty big rivalry. Some of the other guys have also played in conference championship games and "New Year's Six" bowl games for their previous teams, like Rondell Bothroyd and Jacob Lacey. Admittedly, those aren't close to being the intensity of the RRR, even though they were big games. Tight end Austin Stogner actually played for OU and caught a touchdown pass in the 2020 RRR, then transferred to South Carolina, and now he's back at OU. And then there's Dillon Gabriel, who was standing on the sidelines at last year's RRR to witness the beatdown, but that's obviously not going to prepare him for actually playing in the game.

Last edited:
Haven't heard anyone mention this...
Much like they used Willis last year in the wildcat, I would imagine that in their first few trips to the redZone, OU uses Farooq in a similar way. Especially since OU hasn't been particularly good at running the ball this year.
I'd be shocked if on short yardage downs and redZone, if we don't see that wildcat.

Reactions: HornLegacy
Haven't heard anyone mention this...
Much like they used Willis last year in the wildcat, I would imagine that in their first few trips to the redZone, OU uses Farooq in a similar way. Especially since OU hasn't been particularly good at running the ball this year.
I'd be shocked if on short yardage downs and redZone, if we don't see that wildcat.
That would be smart after watching how we had a difficult time adjusting to KUs QB option.

Wait.....you think this years team is 49pt swing better than last year? Could be, but that's quite a swing there. I'd say closer for sure but Texas takes that win either way. The boys were clicking.
As long as there’s a Stoops on the OU side, Texas should not rest easy. Stoops and G-Freaky fixing to feast on the Texas secondary and Gabriel officially Kcks off his Cinderella story campaign

Last edited:
If you’re older than I am, I’d be awfully embarrassed to use terms like “seems legit”.
I’m 52 and I’d use that term, my kids are teenagers and that’s how they all talk, we all have to evolve to the world around us these days, no big deal really

I'm not buying the bulletin board BS.
This reminds me of 2000 when OU beat Texas 63-14? All we heard for a full year was how pissed off Texas was and how motivated they were. What happened? OU wins the next 3 games in the series.
This time the shoe is on the other foot.
Texas would have won in 2001 if Applewhite had started instead of Simms. Now 2003 was abysmal and I thought for certain they would bounce back in 2004 if Greg Davis hadn't handcuffed VY in with his play-calling.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Texas would have won in 2001 if Applewhite had started instead of Simms. Now 2003 was abysmal and I thought for certain they would bounce back in 2004 if Greg Davis hadn't handcuffed VY in with his play-calling.
Noble Doss one of the biggest plays in longhorn history against the aggies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT