ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS VS blowu predictions

This was the message I sent to Travis and Ketch yesterday.

I know it's not going to make people very happy, but it is what it is. I hope I am dead wrong.

I am half way through this mornings show (I missed the live), and you just brought up the redzone, and mistakes, etc..
If you remember my message from the other day, several of the listed concerns were redZone inefficiencies, silly mistakes (which includes field goals), deep ball pass defense, and play calling.

I did not see any of that improve this last weekend against Kansas.

I think we are incredibly lucky Daniels didn't play Sat. The first half for certain, and even possibly the rest of the game looks completely different had Daniels played.

When you take those four things mentioned above in to account, and add that to the fact that OU will be coming into this game desperate, I can't pick Texas.
They have been hearing about 49-0 for a full year now (I know because I live in OKC) and had it all over their facilities as motivation for spring, summer, and fall.
In my opinion this gives them a type of motivation that is hard to create artificially.
I don't care if people think OU isn't any good, and or that our scheme is better, these games are almost always a coin toss anyways.

OU is going to attack our safeties, we are going to have trouble scoring tds in the redZone, we will make some silly mistakes, and we will scratch our head at times over Sarks playcalling on Sat.

The reason I have been harping on these things is because we will not be able to get away with these things against teams like OU.

Think about it, in 5 games now we have had the same problems and not gotten any better in those areas.

I am taking OU +5.5

OU 28 Texas 26

Jay Lee
First of all, I don't know how you can stand watching their show. Far and away one of the worst ones out there. I blocked it so it wouldn't show up in my suggested list.

More importantly, relax. We either win big, barely win, or barely lose. I think we'll be uncomfortable until the 3rd qtr when our trench giants finally start taking its toll.

Wait.....you think this years team is 49pt swing better than last year?

It’s hard to quantify how bad OU was last year without Gabriel. Most of the time, when you lose your starter, you at least have an adequate backup. OU did not. Due to the transfers and last minute scrambling to sign Gabriel in the portal, they were stuck with a glorified mannequin for a backup (Davis Beville), who wasn’t even good enough to crack the three-deep at Pittsburgh.

There aren’t very many FBS programs that OU could have beaten that day, including some of the teams they had already beaten. In that game, five different OU players attempted a pass, including two running backs and a punter, and the Sooners ended up with only 39 yards passing. When you couple that with a defense that wasn’t even two-deep at most positions, it made for a long, humiliating day in Dallas.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Their weak competition this year has scored 0, 11, 17, 6 and 20 points against them.

Their weak competition last year put up a lot of yardage and points against them.

I think everyone understands that the OU defense is less shitty than it was last year, but I wouldn’t necessarily be banking on the “less shitty against shitty opponents” argument headed into the first test of the season. That may just be me, though.

Ok i waited long enough. The week is here. Lets hear those predictions!

My Head says Texas 38- Blowu 24

My Heart says Texas 42- Blowu 17

Brooks and the O/D line will be the keys to the game. Run like you've done all year and stop the run like you've done all year and you win this game easy!

HOOEM
My head says Texas 77 Oklahoma 3
My heart says Texas 77 Oklahoma 0

Statsowar on Twitter does a thing where he provides an advanced stats preview of each game and the projected score. Over on the discord, I’ve been keeping tally of every projected score vs the actual score, and man it’s almost spot on every week:

• RICE: 35.63-8.85 (actual 37-10)
  • ALA: N/A (actual 34-24) - N/A due to statsowar not posting any Week 2 predictions
  • WYO: 33.92-8.44 (actual 31-10)
  • BAY: 32.08-16.82 (actual 38-6)
  • KAN: 42.68-18.43 (actual 40-14)
He just posted the OU prediction and has us winning 32.88-25.62. Curious to see how the actual score looks.

He just posted the OU prediction and has us winning 32.88-25.62. Curious to see how the actual score looks.

So he's not predicting Texas to beat OU worse than they beat Rice, Wyoming, Baylor and Kansas like almost everyone on here is?

• Haha
Reactions: Archmadness
Crow filets are tiny. How you wrap that bacon around them?
Oh I'ma wrap bacon and stuff it with jalapeno. And keep the feathers on the mking thing too when Texas and the offensive line and brooks skull fk methlahoma so hard it pays for their dental deductible for their new dentures.

bruh...take yo ass to the sooner board and jizz over your overhyped team there. Ill see you Saturday night for your crow filet dinner

I'll be sure to check back in.

One final thought. There are some OU fans who think that revenge will be a big motivator for OU, but not me. I've never really put much stock into that. And even if there was something to it, I don't think it would apply to this game. Almost 50% of OU's current scholarship roster wasn't even on the team that lost 49-0 last year. 30 of the players in OU's two-deep weren't on the team last year. So, it's obviously a huge game for these players, but there is certainly no revenge angle to it.

Check out this stat: Texas vs their best three opponents in the 4th quarter…
Alabama, Wyoming, Kansas…56-7

OU vs their best three opponents in the 4th quarter…SMU, Cincy, Iowa St…20-7 Not only does Texas play better in the 4th quarter, but they play their best AGAINST THE BEST TEAMS on their schedule…in the 4th quarter. Just saying…

One final thought. There are some OU fans who think that revenge will be a big motivator for OU, but not me. I've never really put much stock into that. And even if there was something to it, I don't think it would apply to this game. Almost 50% of OU's current scholarship roster wasn't even on the team that lost 49-0 last year. 30 of the players in OU's two-deep weren't on the team last year. So, it's obviously a huge game for these players, but there is certainly no revenge angle to it.
huge game for these 50% players who have yet to play in a big time game this year and especially a big time game like this right? riiiiiiiight? lol see you Saturday night chump. Come back hungry.

• Haha

Those new guys are in for a reality check. This will be an atmosphere they can't imagine.

First of all, I don't know how you can stand watching their show. Far and away one of the worst ones out there. I blocked it so it wouldn't show up in my suggested list.

More importantly, relax. We either win big, barely win, or barely lose. I think we'll be uncomfortable until the 3rd qtr when our trench giants finally start taking its toll.
I am relaxed. I just do not believe we can win all of our remaining games until we get a little better in the a few of the areas I mentioned.
As I brought in a response to someone else, I picked us 10-2. I'm not going to be dishonest and change my W-L mid season.
10-2 means we lose 2 games, I just happen to have OU being one of them.

Reactions: HornLegacy
Ok i waited long enough. The week is here. Lets hear those predictions!

My Head says Texas 38- Blowu 24

My Heart says Texas 42- Blowu 17

Brooks and the O/D line will be the keys to the game. Run like you've done all year and stop the run like you've done all year and you win this game easy!

HOOEM
38-10 the good guys.....................................Hook'em

Reactions: hookem777
I am relaxed. I just do not believe we can win all of our remaining games until we get a little better in the a few of the areas I mentioned.
As I brought in a response to someone else, I picked us 10-2. I'm not going to be dishonest and change my W-L mid season.
10-2 means we lose 2 games, I just happen to have OU being one of them.
Fair enough. The thing about preseason predictions is just that, it's pre- we know anything about teams on the field so we have to adjust to what the results show us as they unfold.

I think I had us dropping 3. Bama, TTU & another that we shouldn't have. If we end up undefeated with only our last 3 games remaining, I'd be crazy to bet we'd lose them just because summer predictions.

Stay flexible & roll with the punches. Nobody wins them all forever. Everyone takes an L eventually. Hopefully we can see this season through to the end.

Statsowar on Twitter does a thing where he provides an advanced stats preview of each game and the projected score. Over on the discord, I’ve been keeping tally of every projected score vs the actual score, and man it’s almost spot on every week:

• RICE: 35.63-8.85 (actual 37-10)
  • ALA: N/A (actual 34-24) - N/A due to statsowar not posting any Week 2 predictions
  • WYO: 33.92-8.44 (actual 31-10)
  • BAY: 32.08-16.82 (actual 38-6)
  • KAN: 42.68-18.43 (actual 40-14)
Does he only do Texas games, or every college football game? I ask because if he does every team, or at least OU as well, I'd be curious to see what their previous games were.

I know this - listening to the few OU media/press conference sound bites ……. those guys appear to want NO PART of Texas. That includes the coach. Wow.

OU has to come out fast and aggressive. They have to build a lead and chew up the clock. Venables can't come out conservative. If he loses a grinder that becomes a blowout, they will skewer him in Norman. They are going to go after our safties and Watts. Their second line of attack will be to run on second and third downs to flank our zone coverage. Gabriel is going to have to run.

huge game for these 50% players who have yet to play in a big time game this year and especially a big time game like this right? riiiiiiiight? lol see you Saturday night chump. Come back hungry.

Most of them. Of course, there are some guys like wide receiver Andrel Anthony who played on the road in the Michigan-Ohio State game, which is also a pretty big rivalry. Some of the other guys have also played in conference championship games and "New Year's Six" bowl games for their previous teams, like Rondell Bothroyd and Jacob Lacey. Admittedly, those aren't close to being the intensity of the RRR, even though they were big games. Tight end Austin Stogner actually played for OU and caught a touchdown pass in the 2020 RRR, then transferred to South Carolina, and now he's back at OU. And then there's Dillon Gabriel, who was standing on the sidelines at last year's RRR to witness the beatdown, but that's obviously not going to prepare him for actually playing in the game.

Last edited:
Haven't heard anyone mention this...
Much like they used Willis last year in the wildcat, I would imagine that in their first few trips to the redZone, OU uses Farooq in a similar way. Especially since OU hasn't been particularly good at running the ball this year.
I'd be shocked if on short yardage downs and redZone, if we don't see that wildcat.

Reactions: HornLegacy
Haven't heard anyone mention this...
Much like they used Willis last year in the wildcat, I would imagine that in their first few trips to the redZone, OU uses Farooq in a similar way. Especially since OU hasn't been particularly good at running the ball this year.
I'd be shocked if on short yardage downs and redZone, if we don't see that wildcat.
That would be smart after watching how we had a difficult time adjusting to KUs QB option.

Wait.....you think this years team is 49pt swing better than last year? Could be, but that's quite a swing there. I'd say closer for sure but Texas takes that win either way. The boys were clicking.
As long as there’s a Stoops on the OU side, Texas should not rest easy. Stoops and G-Freaky fixing to feast on the Texas secondary and Gabriel officially Kcks off his Cinderella story campaign

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT