**TEXAS vs Jaw Jaw OFFICIAL Gameday thread of Peach Dominance**

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Well good morning gents- hope we all enjoyed a good breakfast filled with grits today. After all, it is the official breakfast food for the state of Georgia.

Kiss my grits Flo, indeed.

Some interesting facts about the Univeristy of Georgia.....
Texas holds a 4-1 series lead over them all time. The first meeting was on New Years day of 1948 which ended in a 41-28 win for Texas in the Orange bowl. The only win for Georgia happened in the 1984 Cotton Bowl when Georgia was the recipient of a muffed punt deep in Texas territory late in the 4th quarter.
This loss cost Texas a National title.

The University of Georgia is one of the oldest public schools in America. (They claim to be the oldest)
It was founded in 1785 by a Yankee and Yale graduate named Lyman Hall. Lyman Hall is important because he was one of the men that signed the Declaration of Independence. He was the son of a clergy and a very religious man. He believed there needed to be a school in the south that could teach about Jesus and provide a quality education for colonialists living in the south.
Georgia was a land grant school that was given over 41,000 acres to operate on. The first legacy building erected on campus was named the Franklin Building after, you guessed it, Ben Franklin.
The Georgia library has some interesting inventory including an item that is displayed only once a year- thr ONLY surviving copy of the Constitution of Confederate States of America. I'm betting that draws some fvcking protests each year.
In 1910, women were allowed to begin attending the University. The only degree they were allowed to pursue was "The Study of Home Economics". (Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!)
The only thing that really stands out about the University is their alumni base. They've got a pretty impressive roster of celebrities.
Bands-- the B-52s. Lady Antibellum. Of Montreal. REM. Drive-by Truckers. Widespread Panic. Pylon (for you 70s dudes). Trisha Yearwood (Garth Brooks wife)
Ya... Georgia has a music department.

They've also got actors and celebrities. Ryan fvcking Seacrest........ dork.... but their bell cow is none other than Kim Bassinger. Come on- I don't care who you are, at some point in her career you saw her in a movie and thought "I'd knock the stuffin outta that muffin".... you know you did.
Georgia has a sh!t ton of really good football players and other athletes that they've produced. Fran Tarkenton, Herschel Walker, Terrell Davis. Hines Ward, Champ Bailey, Frank Sinkwich, Matthew Stafford, Vince Dooley, Richard Seymore, Todd Gurley, Charlie Trippi-- the list goes on.

But what's at stake today? Only the inside track to the 1st every 12 team playoff in college football history. A 1st round bye. A legacy win. A chance to put both hands around the throat of college football. Putting Georgia down for the count sends a message to every other team.
Texas is back. But if we want to STAY back, a win today will help cement it.

From my patio, finally enjoying a 65 degree morning and smelling the smoke from my pit as it's warming--

TEXAS!!!

Well good morning gents- hope we all enjoyed a good breakfast filled with grits today. After all, it is the official breakfast food for the state of Georgia.

Kiss my grits Flo, indeed.

Some interesting facts about the Univeristy of Georgia.....
Texas holds a 4-1 series lead over them all time. The first meeting was on New Years day of 1948 which ended in a 41-28 win for Texas in the Orange bowl. The only win for Georgia happened in the 1984 Cotton Bowl when Georgia was the recipient of a muffed punt deep in Texas territory late in the 4th quarter.
This loss cost Texas a National title.

The University of Georgia is one of the oldest public schools in America. (They claim to be the oldest)
It was founded in 1785 by a Yankee and Yale graduate named Lyman Hall. Lyman Hall is important because he was one of the men that signed the Declaration of Independence. He was the son of a clergy and a very religious man. He believed there needed to be a school in the south that could teach about Jesus and provide a quality education for colonialists living in the south.
Georgia was a land grant school that was given over 41,000 acres to operate on. The first legacy building erected on campus was named the Franklin Building after, you guessed it, Ben Franklin.
The Georgia library has some interesting inventory including an item that is displayed only once a year- thr ONLY surviving copy of the Constitution of Confederate States of America. I'm betting that draws some fvcking protests each year.
In 1910, women were allowed to begin attending the University. The only degree they were allowed to pursue was "The Study of Home Economics". (Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!)
The only thing that really stands out about the University is their alumni base. They've got a pretty impressive roster of celebrities.
Bands-- the B-52s. Lady Antibellum. Of Montreal. REM. Drive-by Truckers. Widespread Panic. Pylon (for you 70s dudes). Trisha Yearwood (Garth Brooks wife)
Ya... Georgia has a music department.

They've also got actors and celebrities. Ryan fvcking Seacrest........ dork.... but their bell cow is none other than Kim Bassinger. Come on- I don't care who you are, at some point in her career you saw her in a movie and thought "I'd knock the stuffin outta that muffin".... you know you did.
Georgia has a sh!t ton of really good football players and other athletes that they've produced. Fran Tarkenton, Herschel Walker, Terrell Davis. Hines Ward, Champ Bailey, Frank Sinkwich, Matthew Stafford, Vince Dooley, Richard Seymore, Todd Gurley, Charlie Trippi-- the list goes on.

But what's at stake today? Only the inside track to the 1st every 12 team playoff in college football history. A 1st round bye. A legacy win. A chance to put both hands around the throat of college football. Putting Georgia down for the count sends a message to every other team.
Texas is back. But if we want to STAY back, a win today will help cement it.

From my patio, finally enjoying a 65 degree morning and smelling the smoke from my pit as it's warming--

TEXAS!!!
LOVE the Flo reference! Not many on here would immediately recognize it. Alice sitcom. Polly Holiday is the actress and still alive at 87 years young. Not the Flo on Progressive commercials.