**OFFICIAL TEXAS vs The Fighting Ouachita gameday thread of Titanic Mismatches**

Just so you guys know-

The ULM QB is John David Booty's nephew.

His full name is General Maximus Axel Booty.

I think someone watched Gladiator a few too many times.
Just told my wife his name. Broke out laughing and felt sorry for him.

Arch has stopped relaxing and is now forcing throws.

He knows he's got a laser arm- and he's doing what Chris Simms used to do-- trying to throw it into a window the size of a postage stamp.

Kid is going to be REALLY good one day. He just needs to grow up.

Reactions: freeper and txleapd

He knows he's got a laser arm- and he's doing what Chris Simms used to do-- trying to throw it into a window the size of a postage stamp.

I was gonna ask if it looks like he’s overthrowing to anybody else. He had 6 to Blue on the wheel route before the half but out too much gas on it.
Clob, you’ve seen it at field level. Is his release as much faster than Q or Owens as it looks?

I’m not nearly as educated and experienced as you when it comes to football knowledge, but he even looks tense to an amateur, such as myself.

I was gonna ask if it looks like he’s overthrowing to anybody else. He had 6 to Blue on the wheel route before the half but out too much gas on it.
Clob, you’ve seen it at field level. Is his release as much faster than Q or Owens as it looks?
It's a different release angle and a little more compact throw than Q so it seems like it is. Honestly, I'd have to put a clock on both of them to tell you. The last QB in college that you could MEASURABLEY tell had a fast release was Jared Goff at Cal. That guy could get rid of a ball.
But remember- Arch has been watched like a hawk his entire life by some of the most talented QBs to ever play..... he's GOING to have a polished release.

Reactions: freeper
I’m not nearly as educated and experienced as you when it comes to football knowledge, but he even looks tense to an amateur, such as myself.
When you've got a million dollar arm- yous tart to believe you can make any throw. When you've got two uncle's with 4 superbowl rings- you are sort of expected to make any throw....
His belief in his arm, right now, exceeds his ability-- and he's got a LOT of ability.

He just needs to dial it back one notch and stay within himself.

Arch definitely looks like he'll be the real deal eventually. Right now he's doing a lot of what Quinn did early on, trying to force the homerun when intermediate routes are open.

You have dudes on the outside Arch, give it to them and let them shine. Keep the bombs in your pocket until someone gets beat. The arm is there, just need a bit more experience and maturation.