ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Kansas predictions

Another fun factoid….UT has scored more than 50 points against KU three seasons in a row. Over 550 yards of offense in each of those games too. Both teams are improving but I still don’t see this as a close game. Texas wins handily.
I hope you are right. Depending on the time of day, I talk myself into believing it will be a solid win, not necessarily an easy one. I guess if it comes right down to it, I just don’t fully trust this team just yet.

PK is a common variable. No way Texas had worse talent than all the teams KU played in 2021. KU only had 2 wins all season (their only wins were TX and S. Dakota) where the other teams throttled KU. Just something to think about
Well that common variable has this defense playing lights out. 13th in the country and only allowing 12.5 points a game. I honestly don't know why we are even talking about 2021. The roster is almost completely different on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: hookem777 and westx
Well that common variable has this defense playing lights out. 13th in the country and only allowing 12.5 points a game. I honestly don't know why we are even talking about 2021. The roster is almost completely different on both sides of the ball.
This is true. I think Daniels is better than Milroe and will be more difficult to contain. I seem to think the x-factor will be Hill chasing him down like he did Milroe. Should be fun

PK is a common variable. No way Texas had worse talent than all the teams KU played in 2021. KU only had 2 wins all season (their only wins were TX and S. Dakota) where the other teams throttled KU. Just something to think about
It wasn't about talent that year. You had a divided team. I believe that was the year of the Bo Davis bus rant. Players laughing and joking after getting beat. The team was just playing and expecting to win. Talent level to the side.....focus and determination is for sure different.....

I have no idea what to think about this game..

I posted this earlier this morning.

It's a list of predictions and things that if 1 or more of them were to happen/rear their ugly head tomorrow we could be in real trouble

Right now I'm leaning Texas 40 Kansas 32

1. Quinn has been better this year but the pass game as a whole has been inconsistent at times.
Because of this is would imagine that Kansas will try to stop the run. Kansas best defensive strategy, if they can slow down the run game, would be to hope that Quinn and the Texas passing game are "off" on Saturday.
I say this because the opposite wouldn't make any sense. Kansas would never try to stop the passing game and just "hope" the Texas run game won't be good.

2. Texas has still not been good in the redZone.
If we are settling for field goals or coming up empty handed, this could keep or make things closer than they need to be. Some of these struggles have been "questionable" play calling by Sark, which will be number 3.

3. Even though he has been much better this year, there are still times where Sarks playcalling hasnt been very good. Alot like QE's up and down play, Sark is absolutely capable of having a random bad game.

4. Texas is leaving too many points on the field. In multiple games this year we have left 2-3 tds on field due to stupid mistakes, missed blocks, drops, and even bad situational play calling.

5. Even though this is completely normal for every team, especially early in the season, it seems like most of our units have had their turn this season where they played bad. O-Line at Rice, Offense at Wyoming, Special Teams at Baylor.
Even the the secondary has had several busts, but the defense as a whole hasnt had many, if any bad quarters.
Is the defensive unit, which includes a secondary that hasn't been tested due for a bad game?

6. We haven't played well at home.

7. A bit of a wild card, but this is our first consequential Big 12 game, is this were we find out of the "fix" is in by Big 12 officiating?

8. Are we looking ahead to OU? I do not believe this is likely, but it's not like it isn't possible.

9. Our passing defense really hasn't been tested yet, and so I'm not really sure how good it is. Thompson and Crawford are both allowing 80% completion rates. Catalon is above 50%.
The thing we have going for us is that we have been much better at getting to the QB and containing the QB then we have been in years.
I guess my question for the game is how well do we hold up in the back end dur
ing scramble drill against Daniels

I don't think Texas was sloppy last week I think they played bored more than anything. Kansas has showed improvement over last year especially on defense. Btw did anyone see the hit that Kansas guy put on the BYU receiver? They almost took that boys head off. Of course he fumbled and that guy scooped it up and ran 50 yards for a td. I remember thinking send that kid to the hospital and make sure he's going to be ok. But I think Texas wins 42/24 and then it's time to get ready for that school north of the Red River.

Reactions: freeper
I don't think Texas was sloppy last week I think they played bored more than anything. Kansas has showed improvement over last year especially on defense. Btw did anyone see the hit that Kansas guy put on the BYU receiver? They almost took that boys head off. Of course he fumbled and that guy scooped it up and ran 50 yards for a td. I remember thinking send that kid to the hospital and make sure he's going to be ok. But I think Texas wins 42/24 and then it's time to get ready for that school north of the Red River.
Yes, it was targeting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT